Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SleepingGiantFan

2017-18 MWC writers hoops predictions

I like the experience Nevada brings to the table.  They have 4 seniors ( 2 red shirt seniors, 1 graduate senior and 1 true senior)

They have 4 juniors ( 3 red shirt juniors, 1 true junior)

And 1 true soph..

Mark Zeigler‏ @sdutzeigler 3m3 minutes ago

Updated story from MW media day and preseason poll that picks SDSU 2nd. Most coaches consider Aztecs the favorite.

Although Zeigler and Graney are the most homer Aztecs out there, I've had them pegged at second since Matt Mitchell committed. As long as Caroline is in Reno, I can't count out the pack.

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

UNLV is a top three team in this conference.

that may or may not end up to be true, but you can't fault the media for not having a clue about who unlv has. the most underrated rebel could very well end up being jordan johnson, and yet he could very well end up being our mvp. no one really knows, including us. but it will be a much more fun ride than last year.

I would put SDSU as the favorite if I had a vote.  The are big, athletic and experienced..Devin Watson will be their Marcus Marshall type difference maker. 

I think the Pack can and will be a strong contender.  They are long, versatile, deep and athletic.  They are also experienced and will be much better on defense.

Fresno State has great guards.  Terry is a good coach who gets them playing hard.  They will be in the hunt, methinks.

Wyoming is also a team that I see being very tough.  Really athletic and more experienced than last year.

CSU..Eustachy just figures out ways to win..

UNLV..I think they are talented but probably a year away.  Pointed in the right direction though.

Boise..Hutchinson is a stud but they don't have a lot of athletic guys. I think they fall off a bit.

USU, AFA, SJSU and New Mexico are probably a step or two behind the top 7..

7 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

They’ll reach the truth that lies in the NCAA Tournament.

I have no clue how good or bad unlv will be this year.  I couldn't even name one player on the roster.  I do know that your reasons for thinking they are a tourney team are flawed. If you ever played real sports not video games you would understand. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

14 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

I have no clue how good or bad unlv will be this year.  I couldn't even name one player on the roster.  I do know that your reasons for thinking they are a tourney team are flawed. If you ever played real sports not video games you would understand. 

The Rebels will wash this 6th place poll memory clean come March.

5 hours ago, nvspuds said:

I would put SDSU as the favorite if I had a vote.  The are big, athletic and experienced..Devin Watson will be their Marcus Marshall type difference maker. 

I think the Pack can and will be a strong contender.  They are long, versatile, deep and athletic.  They are also experienced and will be much better on defense.

Fresno State has great guards.  Terry is a good coach who gets them playing hard.  They will be in the hunt, methinks.

Wyoming is also a team that I see being very tough.  Really athletic and more experienced than last year.

CSU..Eustachy just figures out ways to win..

UNLV..I think they are talented but probably a year away.  Pointed in the right direction though.

Boise..Hutchinson is a stud but they don't have a lot of athletic guys. I think they fall off a bit.

USU, AFA, SJSU and New Mexico are probably a step or two behind the top 7..

They have never been overly athletic and are the only team to have finished in the top 3 the last 3 years and have even won a conference championship. They were only two games away from the championship last year with Donut and James Reid... who were the least athletic guys in the team. They, again, won't be very athletic, but will be more athletic than last year. 

On 10/18/2017 at 5:52 PM, pokebball said:

You know Ny's better, right?  I'm sure this is why Jeremy left.  Coach was honest with him.  I hope Ny looks a lot better the Liebs did, because he's going to have more talent around him than Liebs did.

I think Ny will be much better.   And a redshirt year never hurts.    Looking forward to see how the team plays.   It will be the 2nd year under Edwards' uptempo system.   Most key players return with the addition of transfers Redding and Jones

Could be a fun season.