Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiverCityBronco

ESPN Bottom 10

6 minutes ago, slappy said:

SJ does not need turn overs to win that game.  Talent wise it's a push.  Just need to play well.  

No offense, and thanks for the positive thoughts, but you probably haven't watched many SJS games?  Things looked better against HI, but HI's D is not good.  SJS has some weapons, and more talent than there is coaching currently, but a road win against, albeit a poor BYU team, for win #1 against FBS opponents... not likely, although we'd all love to see it... "just need to play well" is the problem...we need many TOs.

21 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I see no hope for your football program under your current AD. Hiring Brennan to be head coach showed a shocking lack of understanding about and/or commitment to the fundamentals of fielding a competitive team at the FBS level.

The only obvious hope is Brennan and staff found something offensively in HI and pull it together the rest of the year (at least put points up and play competitively), and start winning games next year.  Fr QB Aaron has some arm talent and potential; Tr Fr Nevens is a powerful back at 220, and should only get bigger, stronger faster; Jr TE Oliver is a stud; and WRs, So Gaither (who's been injured) and Jr Rahshead Johnspon (USC transfer who just returned to the field) are homerun threats.  

I am not a fan of the AD-nothing dynamic there...... and thus far not a fan of the way the BB era has gone-understatement, who could be?  He was an easy, cheap gamble, and one that needs must more time on the job (time is no longer our friend). Caragher wasn't a good HC, but at least he found seasoned support staff to help scratch out some wins.  Your whole staff, from HC to assistants, can't learn on the job and at the same job win a lot of games at the FBS level....Brennan thus far is just RC without any experienced assistants.

6 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

The only obvious hope is Brennan and staff pull it together the rest of the year (at least put points up and play competitively), and start winning games next year.  I am not a fan of the AD-nothing dynamic there...... and thus far not a fan of the way the BB era has gone-understatement, who could be?  He was an easy, cheap gamble, and one that needs must more time on the job (time is no longer our friend). Caragher wasn't a good HC, but at least he found seasoned support staff to scratch out some wins.  Brennan thus far is just RC without any experienced assistants. 

tenor.gif

10 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

No offense, and thanks for the positive thoughts, but you probably haven't watched many SJS games?  Things looked better against HI, but HI's D is not good.  SJS has some weapons, and more talent than there is coaching currently, but a road win against, albeit a poor BYU team, for win #1 against FBS opponents... not likely, although we'd all love to see it... "just need to play well" is the problem...we need many TOs.

Seen both play.  Gonna be a good game.  Give yourself a little credit. 

2 minutes ago, slappy said:

Seen both play.  Gonna be a good game.  Give yourself a little credit. 

Slaps,

thanks, but why would I give any credit where it's not due?  we are talking about 1-7 vs 1-6... ok, ok, we have an outside (WR, yea, good one) shot.... lol

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Ladies and gentlemen, our resident expert in predicting head coaching success has spoken. All hail. 

IMG_5025.PNG.658f32cadb00ec4e3f2ecc74a7256f1c.PNG

Bro.  I can't give you the D no matter how much you want it.  Sorry bruh.

20 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

The men are talking football here Cincy... 

Today's quiz for you:

What is the name of the position that snaps the ball to the QB?

Extra Credit:

How many points for a safety?

Good luck.. .don't cheat

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4u7qFWbcufMkcLt4sDQM

I'll try to keep up with all your knowledge Kip.  LOL!!

4 minutes ago, Cincy said:

I'll try to keep up with all your knowledge Kip.  LOL!!

Yo, at least you're a good giffer... and as long as you see that your team has more points than the other, you'll know you've won and can gif away.. who needs football knowledge when you can blow that tuba like you can, right? 

31 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

The only obvious hope is Brennan and staff found something offensively in HI and pull it together the rest of the year (at least put points up and play competitively), and start winning games next year.  Fr QB Aaron has some arm talent and potential; Tr Fr Nevens is a powerful back at 220, and should only get bigger, stronger faster; Jr TE Oliver is a stud; and WRs, So Gaither (who's been injured) and Jr Rahshead Johnspon (USC transfer who just returned to the field) are homerun threats.  

I am not a fan of the AD-nothing dynamic there...... and thus far not a fan of the way the BB era has gone-understatement, who could be?  He was an easy, cheap gamble, and one that needs must more time on the job (time is no longer our friend). Caragher wasn't a good HC, but at least he found seasoned support staff to help scratch out some wins.  Your whole staff, from HC to assistants, can't learn on the job and at the same job win a lot of games at the FBS level....Brennan thus far is just RC without any experienced assistants.

I think it will be an even money game versus Nevada. Your pass defense has the ability to cover enough to bother their passing game. With a couple of INT's, you could very well pull it out.  I haven't watched BYU this year, so I don't know anything about them. Although they have one win, and from the scores of the games you could get them. I really don't think that SJSU will do what Fresno did last year ( not beat an FBS team ). I believe that you will get one at least.