Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackmormon

Support the troops & their grieving widows

Just now, jackmormon said:

Paraphrasing Trump.

"He's a hero because he died. I like soldiers who don't get killed."

He didn’t say that. He didn’t even come close to that.  Totally uncalled for. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

You didn't hurt my feelers and don't pretend now like you're outraged at Trump. You're just full of shit for wagging your ever-judgmental finger at Jack. 

Sorry I hurt your feelers again.  Perhaps you should stick for full of shyt finger wagging at me back up your ass :)

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 minute ago, jackmormon said:

Yes I know he said that about McCain.  But he didn’t say that here.  Didn’t come close to it.  Your comment is uncalled for. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

56 minutes ago, pokebball said:

You don't think he did?

This is honoring him and his willingness to serve his country, right.  You're kinda looking like a piece of shyt posting this here, in my opinion.

He’s a piece of shit for posting an article where our phukking president disrespects the widow of a fallen American soldier?

Trump followers will justify anything he does apparently.

6 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Sorry I hurt your feelers again.  Perhaps you should stick for full of shyt finger wagging at me back up your ass :)

Better a finger than a head, which is firmly up yours.

4 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

He’s a piece of shit for posting an article where our phukking president disrespects the widow of a fallen American soldier?

Well, they got a judge or something.

If Trump had said  "your husband was proud to serve his country, he knew the risks and he valiantly stepped up in spite of them"  then we wouldn’t be having this conversation.  I’m sure that’s probably what he meant. But, because he has the vocabulary of a 3rd grader and the EQ of a turnip, that’s not what he said and it’s obvious he’s incapable of compassion and empathy. 

16 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Yes I know he said that about McCain.  But he didn’t say that here.  Didn’t come close to it.  Your comment is uncalled for. 

I clearly wasn't claiming he actually said it, but Trump has a history of going after gold star families. This morning he is claiming that the congress woman and the soldier's family are liars.

9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If Trump had said  "your husband was proud to serve his country, he knew the risks and he valiantly stepped up in spite of them"  then we wouldn’t be having this conversation.  I’m sure that’s probably what he meant. But, because he has the vocabulary of a 3rd grader and the EQ of a turnip, that’s not what he said and it’s obvious he’s incapable of compassion and empathy. 

If Trump wouldn't have said, "if you look at President Obama and other presidents, most of them didn't make calls, a lot of them didn't make calls" we wouldn't be here either. 

Your premise is probably correct though. He likely misspoke. Trump is dumb and a dick. it should surprise no one when he acts like a stupid dick.

Guest RoscoesDad
5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Even if he feels he was misunderstood, a normal human being would have reached out and apologized and clarified his statement and that he'd never intentionally do or say anything to upset someone in that situation.  Problem solved, everyone moves on.  The thing called Donald Trump will attack this family and call them liars.

15 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Even if he feels he was misunderstood, a normal human being would have reached out and apologized and clarified his statement and that he'd never intentionally do or say anything to upset someone in that situation.  Problem solved, everyone moves on.  The thing called Donald Trump will attack this family and call them liars.

If he attacks the family, hopefully people will wake up and realize that Tillerson was right for calling him a moron. 

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If he attacks the family, hopefully people will wake up and realize that Tillerson was right for calling him a moron. 

One of these things will almost assuredly happen ... one of these things will almost assuredly not happen

52 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Nobody's justifying Trump.  If you think Trump's idiotic actions allow for you or anyone else to be idiotic and also shield you from criticism, I can't help you.  We got a dead soldier and 3/4's the country's parsing words to make partisan political gotcha points. 

12 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Nobody's justifying Trump.  If you think Trump's idiotic actions allow for you or anyone else to be idiotic and also shield you from criticism, I can't help you.  We got a dead soldier and 3/4's the country's parsing words to make partisan political gotcha points. 

Criticizing a link to a news story on a message board while remaining mum on the president you support is pretty bold. It's not exactly the stuff of "I Have a Dream," but you know, I think you really made a great point here. Way to speak truth to power! 

16 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Criticizing a link to a news story on a message board while remaining mum on the president you support is pretty bold. It's not exactly the stuff of "I Have a Dream," but you know, I think you really made a great point here. Way to speak truth to power! 

No one criticized a link.  I criticized probably the biggest partisan hack on this board for posting it.  I stand by that.

You seem to be defending his action.  Your belly button has that right.  Kudos

14 minutes ago, pokebball said:

No one criticized a link.  I criticized probably the biggest partisan hack on this board for posting it.  I stand by that.

You seem to be defending his action.  Your belly button has that right.  Kudos

You most certainly did call him a dick for posting a link and you did it because Jack is an easy target. That's what passive-aggressive people do. And yes, I'm defending him posting a link. I'm fine with that.

Jack is most definitely overly partisan, and he can border on ridiculous, but at least he is overt about that partisanship.

9 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

You most certainly did call him a dick for posting a link and you did it because Jack is an easy target. That's what passive-aggressive people do. And yes, I'm defending him posting a link. I'm fine with that.

Jack is most definitely overly partisan, and he can border on ridiculous, but at least he is overt about that partisanship.

My passive-aggressive behavior makes me an easy target and you jumped the shark.:Clapping:

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Honestly, yeah, this is probably what's going on here. 

I thought it seemed like the logical conclusion.  He isnt phoning people to say anything that ridiculous.

That said, he should just sign the heartfelt letter one of his staffers draft up.  He clearly has a communication issue.