Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

THIS JUST IN ...........

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

You don't live here and you are a UNR fan. Your opinion is invalid. :P

I lived in LV homes!  Let’s all unite as Nevadans as our state holiday closes in.

As exciting as it is for the Golden Knights getting off to a fantastic 5-1 start it does need to be put in perspective.  The teams that the Knights have beaten are a combined 6-15 and none have a winning record thus far.  VGK's lone loss came against Detroit which is the only team they've played with a winning record.  Not trying to rain on anyone's parade as it is one hell of a start for an expasion team.  The best in NHL history in fact.

The NHL season is a grind and team depth makes a huge difference as the season moves on.  I'll be cheering for the Knights but I think they'll hit a wall in the not so distant future.  I hope I'm wrong though as I like them more than all the other US based west coast teams.  Marc-Andre Fleury is a difference maker though and will if healthy keep them in a lot of games where they might be outgunned.

3 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

As exciting as it is for the Golden Knights getting off to a fantastic 5-1 start it does need to be put in perspective.  The teams that the Knights have beaten are a combined 6-15 and none have a winning record thus far.  VGK's lone loss came against Detroit which is the only team they've played with a winning record.  Not trying to rain on anyone's parade as it is one hell of a start for an expasion team.  The best in NHL history in fact.

The NHL season is a grind and team depth makes a huge difference as the season moves on.  I'll be cheering for the Knights but I think they'll hit a wall in the not so distant future.  I hope I'm wrong though as I like them more than all the other US based west coast teams.  Marc-Andre Fleury is a difference maker though and will if healthy keep them in a lot of games where they might be outgunned.

The VGK are in the middle of a 7 game home stand too.............the schedulers gave VGK a nice home heavy opening month .........next month there are way more road games and that's when I figure the losses will pile up .........4 of the 13 games in November are at home.

They also go on a 6 game roadie at the end of October into November where they go to NYI, NYR, BOS, OTT, TOR, MON - with 2 back to backs (NYI, NYR & TOR, MON)