Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

ouch ... Celtics Hayward snaps ankle

Ugh....when the toes point in a way they obviously shouldn't, that's bad news.  I always wonder what else is messed up in there now besides the obviously broken bone (torn ligaments, etc.).  I wish him a good recovery though.

6 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

On a scale of zero to Kevin Ware, how bad are we talking? Wanna prepare myself before pressing play.

There’s no bone sticking out, so it isn’t as bad as Ware. That being said, it’s still pretty gruesome. 

10 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

On a scale of zero to Kevin Ware, how bad are we talking? Wanna prepare myself before pressing play.

Shoe pointing in a way that is not normally possible bad.  It's a tibia fracture/ankle dislocation if that helps.

That's horrific! Must admit that I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often in the college/pro game? So many big bodies banging near or under the rim, and players trying to make/block attempted spectacular dunks. Whenever I see bodies converging like that, I always cringe!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Guest RoscoesDad

Damn I'd feel terrible for any other fanbase watching their season go up in smoke 5 mins into the season.  

That injury was Alvin Mack gruesome.

compound fractures are worse for sure

rough opening night. thankfully i'm reading it was a clean break with little/no ligament damage. hopefully he can make it back in time for the post-season. tough to watch. seeing that stuff live always reminds us of our own vulnerabilities 

Whenever I see these types of injuries, I'm reminded that the human body was never intended to play high level sports.. Knees are by far the best example. We really are fragile on the food chain.. No matter how in shape athletes are.

There is a reason a 150 lb chimp is twice as strong as a 300 lb man..