Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada & Grand Canyon to play charity exhibition game

Just now, Headbutt said:

Excellent comment and addition to the thread. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

42 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I would love to see this game, I hopped on the Grand Canyon bandwagon a couple of years ago.

I might have to go to a couple of their games this year when I'm in Phoenix.

Its well worth it. Their games are insane! I wish we’d start a series with them 

51 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Is there any way to stream it? Boise plays both this year, so I'd love to watch it. 

IMG_1242.PNG

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

11 hours ago, brillio said:

Its well worth it. Their games are insane! I wish we’d start a series with them 

I've seen a few on tv, their students are loud and proud, lol. And they showed well at the final four, better than either ASU or UA students. 

Apparently the NCAA suddenly decided D1 teams could sponsor a hurricane charity game in addition to everything else. Grammer of the Journal tweeted last night that UNM was trying to pull one together as well. We'd like to thank our NCAA overlords for their timing :)

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/index.ssf/2017/10/ncaa_will_allow_college_basket.html

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Are you a moron or just a douche? 

The point of the game is to raise money for charity, not be streamed by cheap fans who just want the scouting benefits.  That means the finger needs to be turned around.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

51 minutes ago, bornsilverandblue said:

The point of the game is to raise money for charity, not be streamed by cheap fans who just want the scouting benefits.  That means the finger needs to be turned around.

Lol, ok. They are definitely recording it, dumbass. I was just asking if they were gunna have it anywhere... fecking idiot. 

1 hour ago, bornsilverandblue said:

raising money for charity is a great idea, I'd love to see unlv put one together for our victims, i would definitely go to support that. but it's not like i wouldn't like to see this game and support their charity, but i'm not going to Reno to see it. if somebody streams it, i would donate to it though. and yes, i am curious to see what your team looks like, of course people are going to 'scout it'..maybe somebody will 'scope it.

The scouting part of the equation is pretty meaningless..MW teams will have lots of tape on every other MW team soon enough.  I don't think Muss will hold anything back..He has to see what he has and this gives a better look than normal exhibitions 

My goodness, a little uptight up here. I'm sure that if Kingpotato watches this game both Nevada and Grand Canyon will be in big trouble against Boise later. His scouting reports are impeccable.