Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steveem

Fresno fans might find Rocky's press conf entertaining

19 hours ago, pokebball said:

Do you think there might be a game plan in the works to throw the ball a bit more when a D stacks the box on you?

We threw it 27 times for over 220 yards. That is quite a bit. 

Furthermore, everyone stacked the box on us this year. I see last game as an anomaly. Obviously, if I am wrong, we have issues.

Most of us saw this year as a rebuilding year. I thought 8-4 was realistic, still is yet 11-1 feels/sounds a lot better.

We lost last week to a tough D. Our Oline was exposed for the RSFreshman we field. Good news, they will develop, bad news possibly not fast enough this year.

Two TD win this weekend. More concerned about the worst fan base in college fb coming to town.

We are akin do what Houston last year off to a blistering start then a substantial drop off. Looks good for next year if we can keep improving. If Fresno keep improving it will give us four solid programs in the Conference, CSU, SDSU, FSU, Boise. Hawaii may not be far behind. I think this will be a 24 to 17 type of game(either way) but Aztecs may pull  a CSU and not show up at all. ON the pother hand is it is hard to judge Fresno losses against top teams wins over poor team.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

1 hour ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Most of us saw this year as a rebuilding year. I thought 8-4 was realistic, still is yet 11-1 feels/sounds a lot better.

We lost last week to a tough D. Our Oline was exposed for the RSFreshman we field. Good news, they will develop, bad news possibly not fast enough this year.

Two TD win this weekend. More concerned about the worst fan base in college fb coming to town.

Dude, get over it.  So a bad fan did something stupid.  Every fan base has them.

5 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

You can certainly relate .....except you do stupid things every day...lolololo...#bandboy

Dude, get off my nuts already LOL.  Not interested.

28 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Bwahahaha.....quit lying...we all know you’re easy...#anything2bliked

Yeah that’s great. 

So, do you think it would be a good idea for Sharta to try and get into an FCS conference so that their athletics have a chance of some sort of success?

It’s gotta be demoralizing for them to have a losing season every single year. 

Just now, creeper86 said:

Oh look out!  He mad!!

i would be mad too if my school’s athletic teams were pure trash. EVERY year. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Jeff Sessions looks like the growed up version of the kid with the banjo in Deliverance. Rocky? No, he doesn't look like that.

After reading what others said, I'll admit to being a bit harsh on Tony White. Just like SteveEM with his prediction the Aztecs will go just 3-3 the rest of the season, my comments were influenced by frustration over the collapse against Boise. (No offense, Steve, but 3-3? Smh. For one thing if we lose not just one but two more MWC games, we'll be going to the Hawaii Bowl or the NM Bowl to play another overrated AAC team or the third place team from the MAC or somebody like that to whom we will administer another beatdown.)

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, steveem said:

We are akin do what Houston last year off to a blistering start then a substantial drop off. Looks good for next year if we can keep improving. If Fresno keep improving it will give us four solid programs in the Conference, CSU, SDSU, FSU, Boise. Hawaii may not be far behind. I think this will be a 24 to 17 type of game(either way) but Aztecs may pull  a CSU and not show up at all. ON the pother hand is it is hard to judge Fresno losses against top teams wins over poor team.

C'mon, man. The CSU game was mainly a result of the team looking at it as meaningless in the scheme of things. We had already clinched the West division and so were looking ahead to playing for the MWC championship the following week. It was a classic sandwich game. Fresno, OTOH, is absolutely crucial. Rocky implicitly said as much before we played Boise by telling the media our rival isn't Boise, it's Fresno.

I won't predict victory because games against the Bulldogs are almost always tough. However, no way are we going to get blown out on Saturday.

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

C'mon, man. The CSU game was mainly a result of the team looking at it as meaningless in the scheme of things. We had already clinched the West division and so were looking ahead to playing for the MWC championship the following week. It was a classic sandwich game. Fresno, OTOH, is absolutely crucial. Rocky implicitly said as much before we played Boise by telling the media our rival isn't Boise, it's Fresno.

I won't predict victory because games against the Bulldogs are almost always tough. However, no way are we going to get blown out on Saturday.

I think one of the keys is going to be if McMaryian can effectively run the ball when necessary.  If he picks up some 1st downs with his legs that extends drives, that will be crucial for Fresno's success.

3-3  is a worse case scenario.  We really will not know until after this game. I will watch both BSU Wyoming and this game. If Wyoming beats BSU or it is a real cl close game and we lose to Fresno My suspicions are confirmed. However if we beat Fresno and BSU beats Wyoming convincingly then we are going to do better than I think

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

5 hours ago, Cincy said:

Dude, get over it.  So a bad fan did something stupid.  Every fan base has them.

"A" bad fan? No, more like several/many HORRIFIC fans as in the worst I have ever witnessed. I am over it, just don't want to be around those DBags.

13 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

"A" bad fan? No, more like several/many HORRIFIC fans as in the worst I have ever witnessed. I am over it, just don't want to be around those DBags.

Well, I've been to numerous games in my lifetime and I've only seen a handful of "bad" incidents.  You must've had bad luck witnessing more than average.

You'd never know their fans were the worst when reading this board (and this thread specifically-look up). bwwahahahaha...#stereotype?-check!

Fresno fans are the worst..... Our 'no fans' is preferred to those dimwit Dog fans who act like they never get out of the house on gameday... maybe it's the poor air and water quality that dumbs up the entire City on game day (already an intellectually deficient place to begin with).... low class, lawn parkers everywhere....hope everything works out Sat in San Diego-bright side is it's just one night.... (no way any of them can afford two nights in a motel).