Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Evidence of Russian Collusion

37 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Mine will be more than ten times that here as the state income tax rate is 11% iirc and property tax is about 1.2% of assessed value annually. 

If tax reform happens, state and property taxes will end up as still being deductible.  At least that would be my uneducated guess. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

If tax reform happens, state and property taxes will end up as still being deductible.  At least that would be my uneducated guess. 

Either that or there will be no more GOP Congressmen from CA, NY, NJ, etc. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 hours ago, jackmormon said:

What's a Recession?
A recession historically has been defined as two consecutive quarters of decline in GDP, the combined value of all the goods and services produced in the U.S. It differs from the gross national product (GNP) in that it does not include the value of goods and services produced by U.S. companies abroad or goods and services received in the U.S. as imports. (For more on this see, The Importance of Inflation and GDP.)

A list of all recessions since the Great Depression...

2007’s Great recession

The global financial crisis of 2007 has cast its long shadow on the economic fortunes of many countries, resulting in what has often been called the ‘Great Recession’. It lasted 18 months between Dec 2007 and June 2009. During this period GDP declined 4.1 percent and unemployment spiked to 10.2 percent.

2 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

Image result for obama vs trump stock market graph

When you float trillions into the economy moron you inflate GDP which of course artificially inflates GDP.  Obama and Bernanke did not recover the economy they inflated it with massive government money.  Doubling the national debt.

46 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

When you float trillions into the economy moron you inflate GDP which of course artificially inflates GDP.  Obama and Bernanke did not recover the economy they inflated it with massive government money.  Doubling the national debt.

I can't wait to see the FY-17 deficit numbers, now that republicans have had control of both houses of congress for five years, and are making plans for massive tax cuts that will only increase deficit spending.

I'll bet the folks in your family can't wait to spend thanksgiving with you. Will you be serving turkey vulture again this year?

46 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

I can't wait to see the FY-17 deficit numbers, now that republicans have had control of both houses of congress for five years, and are making plans for massive tax cuts that will only increase deficit spending.

I'll bet the folks in your family can't wait to spend thanksgiving with you. Will you be serving turkey vulture again this year?

Republicans have done nothing to reduce deficit growth.  They are turning around the fed and reducing the money supply which is good.  They are talking about doing the same stupid thing Obama did and waste a trillion in infrastructure.  Republicans are just as bad as democrats on spending money.

It would take some serious federal budget changes to reduce the deficit and with the damage Obama has done, we are not just waiting for increasing interest rates to bankrupt us.  

15 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Bernanke is in charge of spending? 

Guest RoscoesDad
20 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

We were on the verge of great depression 2,0 moron.  Private corps werent saving us from sliding off that cliff you phuking asswipe.  The govt was forced into stimulus spending you single strand dna whiny little bitch.  The only thing that truly rankles your old wrinkly cankles is that a muzzie from kenya named obama proved you wrong. 

On 10/20/2017 at 3:08 PM, RoscoesDad said:

Image result for obama vs trump stock market graph

Primarily due anemic economic growth and recovery under Obama, it took the market over 4 years to get the market BACK to 14k.  Then another 4 years to get the market to 18k.   
Since Trump was elected, the market has gone up almost 5k!  And yes the marker reacted to Trump immediately.  The 2002 the market took a major dip but then recovered about a year and a half later.   
Like I said before, the market isn't up primarily due to Trump,  but having a pro-business President who also wants to cut Corp. taxes is quite a benefit to the economy and market overall. 

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

Primarily due anemic economic growth and recovery under Obama, it took the market over 4 years to get the market BACK to 14k.  Then another 4 years to get the market to 18k.   
Since Trump was elected, the market has gone up almost 5k!  And yes the marker reacted to Trump immediately.  The 2002 the market took a major dip but then recovered about a year and a half later.   
Like I said before, the market isn't up primarily due to Trump,  but having a pro-business President who also wants to cut Corp. taxes is quite a benefit to the economy and market overall. 

We could have elected mickey mouse and the market would have took a rise.

The mere election of a president and a change from Obama was the reason for the rise.  

Trump has done nothing at all to justify it.

2 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

We were on the verge of great depression 2,0 moron.  Private corps werent saving us from sliding off that cliff you phuking asswipe.  The govt was forced into stimulus spending you single strand dna whiny little bitch.  The only thing that truly rankles your old wrinkly cankles is that a muzzie from kenya named obama proved you wrong. 

If the government would have done nothing we would have recovered in a year.

Since the government "had to act", it took 7 years to recover.  We will never recover from the effects of Obama's spending.

Great job moron.

2 hours ago, pokerider said:

In other words, the DJIA nearly doubled in four years under Obama.

3 hours ago, jackmormon said:

In other words, the DJIA nearly doubled in four years under Obama.

In real words, the market should have recovered within 2 years but took 4 years with Obama.  When the market was at a high point and then goes down, it will undeniably get back to at least where it was.  I'll give Obama credit for the stock market going up in his 2nd term.  

39 minutes ago, pokerider said:

In real words, the market should have recovered within 2 years but took 4 years with Obama.  When the market was at a high point and then goes down, it will undeniably get back to at least where it was.  I'll give Obama credit for the stock market going up in his 2nd term.  

Two years based on what?

4 hours ago, jackmormon said:

Two years based on what?

Centuries of historic examples.

Obama made a deep recession into a decade long disaster that will probably lead to a deep reduction in this country's standard of living over the next 50 years as our children try to pay off the idiocy.

27 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yeah, that's the ticket. Mueller is about to indict Hillary Clinton!  :rotflmfao:

On second thought they will hold at least five congressional dog and pony shows. That will last three or four years, that will end with whimper just like Benghazi.

This is simply an attempt to distract from the real story.

4 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Yeah, that's the ticket. Mueller is about to indict Hillary Clinton!  :rotflmfao:

On second thought they will hold at least five congressional dog and pony shows. That will last three or four years, that will end with whimper just like Benghazi.

This is simply an attempt to distract from the real story.

Who said anything about Mueller?

It’s a great article laying out governmental dumb+++++ery clear as day. Hadn’t seen it posted and thought maybe somebody would find it interesting.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.