Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Evidence of Russian Collusion

Before the Obama administration approved a controversial deal in 2010 giving Moscow control of a large swath of American uranium, the FBI had gathered substantial evidence that Russian nuclear industry officials were engaged in bribery, kickbacks, extortion and money laundering designed to grow Vladimir Putin’s atomic energy business inside the United States, according to government documents and interviews.

Federal agents used a confidential U.S. witness working inside the Russian nuclear industry to gather extensive financial records, make secret recordings and intercept emails as early as 2009 that showed Moscow had compromised an American uranium trucking firm with bribes and kickbacks in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, FBI and court documents show.

They also obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Lock her up? What's old is new again?

:pitchforks:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, renoskier said:

I think you're trolling just so you could use that great emoji.

Read the article. The corruption is spelled out pretty plainly. But I do enjoy that emoji. 

6 hours ago, mugtang said:

Read the article. The corruption is spelled out pretty plainly. But I do enjoy that emoji. 

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/452776/russian-nuclear-scandal-what-did-hillary-clinton-know

At a minimum, as Noah Rothman notes, the involvement of key members of the current Trump-Russia probe in conducting this investigation will play right into Trump’s hands in his campaign to discredit the investigation, and Democrats thus far seem likely to just circle the wagons against any further inquiry for that reason as well as how this reflects on the Clintons, Eric Holder, and the Obama Administration’s Russia policy. But the national security implications run deeper than that, and as Ed Morrissey observes, Congress ought to dig in further to see what else it wasn’t told:

House Intelligence chair Mike Rogers claimed to the Hill that no one ever mentioned the case at all to him, despite already-extant concerns over the Uranium One deal on Capitol Hill.

That smells like a political cover-up of the first magnitude. Rather than hyperventilate over Facebook ads and Twitter trolls, perhaps Congress and the current Department of Justice should look into what the FBI found in 2009-10, how much of it benefited Bill and Hillary Clinton — and why the DoJ and the Obama administration never briefed the intelligence committees on this Russian collusion operation. "

Washington has an unfortunate tendency to back off investigations when there are skeletons on both sides of the partisan aisle. But a thorough airing of Russia’s multifaceted efforts to penetrate and disrupt American institutions (including the media) over the past decade is necessary in order to counter the threat of the Kremlin’s “war by other means” doctrine. Let the chips fall where they may.

I am absolutely in favor of the latter bolded part and the former is why it's sure to never happen.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 10/18/2017 at 9:44 AM, SharkTanked said:

I still can't reason why these two were our major party candidates. What a clusterphuk.

what are you talking about?  The Republicans had 16 candidates!   The Democrats had Hillary before the first primary. 

10 minutes ago, pokerider said:

what are you talking about?  The Republicans had 16 candidates!   The Democrats had Hillary before the first primary. 

I'm saying both parties should eat a bag of dicks for contributing to the destruction of our country.

3 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I'm saying both parties should eat a bag of dicks for contributing to the destruction of our country.

I'm happy every day that Trump is President!   There's a host of reasons - the economy is up, illegal immigration is down, unemployment is down and millions who left the work force entirely under Obama are re-entering the work force!  Things in the Middle East have improved, although for there is still terrible.  The US and most of the world has stopped giving into N.Korea.  And if congress can somehow get any type of tax reform done, things will improve even more.  

Outside of Trumps tweets, I doubt you could tell me 1 single thing that is worse for you with Trump as president.  

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

I'm happy every day that Trump is President!   There's a host of reasons - the economy is up, illegal immigration is down, unemployment is down and millions who left the work force entirely under Obama are re-entering the work force!  Things in the Middle East have improved, although for there is still terrible.  The US and most of the world has stopped giving into N.Korea.  And if congress can somehow get any type of tax reform done, things will improve even more.  

Outside of Trumps tweets, I doubt you could tell me 1 single thing that is worse for you with Trump as president.  

I think Dubya says it best...

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/oct/19/bush-condemns-trump-era-america-bigotry-seems-embo/

2 minutes ago, pokerider said:

I will agree with your last sentence but the rest is bullshit.

Trump has done nothing to improve the economy, it would have went up with or without him.   Illegal immigration is down because the economy is better in Mexico and it was so bad under Obama people left. Obama is more responsible for the reduction in illegal immigration because he had a 7 year recession.  

Nothing has changed with North Korea of substance.

Nothing has changed in the middle east of substance.

Tax reform would be great but it hasn't happened.

Trump has basically did nothing other than nominate a pretty good supreme court justice.   Well not including looking like a fool on issue after issue.

7 minutes ago, pokerider said:

I'm happy every day that Trump is President!   There's a host of reasons - the economy is up, illegal immigration is down, unemployment is down and millions who left the work force entirely under Obama are re-entering the work force!  Things in the Middle East have improved, although for there is still terrible.  The US and most of the world has stopped giving into N.Korea. 

Congrats on the new job! Also, the economy has been growing for 8 phucking years or so. We haven't done a thing about NK, and the ME is a total and utter tragedy.

And if congress can somehow get any type of tax reform done, things will improve even more.  

You're excited about the tax reform without knowing what's in it?

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

I will agree with your last sentence but the rest is bullshit.

Trump has done nothing to improve the economy, it would have went up with or without him.   Illegal immigration is down because the economy is better in Mexico and it was so bad under Obama people left. Obama is more responsible for the reduction in illegal immigration because he had a 7 year recession.  

Nothing has changed with North Korea of substance.

Nothing has changed in the middle east of substance.

Tax reform would be great but it hasn't happened.

Trump has basically did nothing other than nominate a pretty good supreme court justice.   Well not including looking like a fool on issue after issue.

And even Gorsuch is hardly a Trump accomplishment. That was McConnel’s work, it was just lucky that when Trump closed his eyes and pointed to the list of names presented to him he didn’t land on Pryor.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, I am Ram said:

Congrats on the new job! Also, the economy has been growing for 8 phucking years or so. We haven't done a thing about NK, and the ME is a total and utter tragedy.

You're excited about the tax reform without knowing what's in it?

The longest period of consecutive months of positive job growth in this county's history ended last month.

Thanks Obama!

36 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

The longest period of consecutive months of positive job growth in this county's history ended last month.

Thanks Obama!

That occurred despite Obama.

If Obama had actually recovered the economy you would have had a couple declines in 8 years as business expanded and declined with the business cycles.   Since you had a 7 year recession after an almost depression the economy rumbled along with the lowest growth rates in history.

Obama overseen the worst economy of any president not named Hoover and Hoover could make an argument I am wrong.

2 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

That occurred despite Obama.

If Obama had actually recovered the economy you would have had a couple declines in 8 years as business expanded and declined with the business cycles.   Since you had a 7 year recession after an almost depression the economy rumbled along with the lowest growth rates in history.

Obama overseen the worst economy of any president not named Hoover and Hoover could make an argument I am wrong.

Look up the definition of recession. The only recession that occurred during Obama's presidency was the one that was already in progress when he took office.

He oversaw the longest period of private sector job growth in the history of the county by far, and it's not even close.

2 hours ago, jackmormon said:

Look up the definition of recession. The only recession that occurred during Obama's presidency was the one that was already in progress when he took office.

He oversaw the longest period of private sector job growth in the history of the county by far, and it's not even close.

Look up the definition of economic failure.  It has a picture of Obama.

Obama and the fed bought their way out of the definition of depression.  They threw a trillion dollars at the wealthy to bail out wall street.  A trillion dollars thrown on an economy by government.   Buys you fake economic growth and thus hides the facts.   Then they kept throwing dollars at the economy with their increase in money supply which again hid a 7 year recession.

The only thing Obama recovered was the rich with his big welfare and monetary policy that bailed out the rich at the expense of wall street.