Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Coaching Chamges Announced for UNLV Football

11 minutes ago, RAMification said:

Now that is a King of the World post !!!

Yeah, you know when you're watching an old movie and they show just the legs of a hot sounding lady, and it lets the viewer fill in the blank with what they think a hot lady should look like.  This post is similar to that......it lets the reader decide what should've been posted there. 

And that may range from really bad to really good. 

kat.jpg

20 minutes ago, RAMification said:

Ughhh.  Don't remind me!!!  Luke was furious w/ Stannard's coaching antics.  I met & spoke w/ Jake Potteroff last week.  We ended up reliving the disasters Stannard single handidly caused for that talented D.  Atrocious......  need not say more.  Thanks Swoll.

Back in the Stanard days I was coaching 6th graders.  I found it cool that I could attend practices at CSU and learn from the best.  It was pretty open access.

Just gonna' say that Steve didn't fit the profile of a successful mentor of young men.  It was an eye opening close up look at how to not coach.  And then I'd go watch Sonny.

BTW, despite all of Fair's shortcomings he had the right stuff to be the right guy.  He needed a little more mentoring.  Hard as hell on his players, but it was clearly out of a desire to make them better.  Stanard just seemed like he thought he could beat more talent out of a guy.  He was hard to watch.

6 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Back in the Stanard days I was coaching 6th graders.  I found it cool that I could attend practices at CSU and learn from the best.  It was pretty open access.

Just gonna' say that Steve didn't fit the profile of a successful mentor of young men.  It was an eye opening close up look at how to not coach.  And then I'd go watch Sonny.

BTW, despite all of Fair's shortcomings he had the right stuff to be the right guy.  He needed a little more mentoring.  Hard as hell on his players, but it was clearly out of a desire to make them better.  Stanard just seemed like he thought he could beat more talent out of a guy.  He was hard to watch.

Stannard had that "mentoring" flaw... but he also was a special ability to Compli-fuse himself, his fellow D Coaches, and his LB's ... all the while maintaining he knew precisely what to do & it was his players who were idiots.  What a GIFT!!   Yo should hear the stories from his players.  Priceless & very impressive in his total incompetence.

Just now, RAMification said:

Stannard had that "mentoring" flaw... but he also was a special ability to Compli-fuse himself, his fellow D Coaches, and his LB's ... all the while maintaining he knew precisely what to do & it was his players who were idiots.  What a GIFT!!   Yo should hear the stories from his players.  Priceless & very impressive in his total incompetence.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but the one thing I most took away from his coaching was his demanding in a very vulgar language that his players better not let him down.  Like I've said, I've only coached the young guys but I guarantee you that it's rare that they'll play for a coach.  Good coaches teach players how to play for each other, they'll do that and do it with a passion.  The coach is just a mentor to teach them how.  Dude just never got a chance to learn what mattered to the players that his job depended on.

Guest RoscoesDad
13 hours ago, toonkee said:

So is he going to the booth because he can see the game better or because he's tired of Sanchez dressing him down in front of everybody?

I like the passion but Tony is the head coach and ultimately everything that happens is his call.  Now he says in the RJ that we are prepared to throw 40 times per game if needed.  Well shit, thanks for waiting 6 games into the season to figure out we have the talent to open up the passing game into more than 1 deep bomb every game and 20 stick patterns to the sideline.  I honestly don't think we have more than 4 or 5 pass plays in the book.  On a side note, I always thought it was strange that Cotton was on the sidelines...most OCs are in the booth.