Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Coaching Chamges Announced for UNLV Football

Guest RoscoesDad

So Cotton will call the same 4 run plays from the same four formations and the same 3 pass plays from the same 3 formations, from the booth now.   Time to get excited.

41 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Barney Cotton has been fired................

......from coaching on the field.  He will be coaching from the booth going forward.

This is the most ridiculous post you ever posted.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

I'm sure he'll have more input in the play calling from up in the booth.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

I should give you a warning point for trolling your fellow unlv fans. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Barney Cotton is the OC at any D1A Football Team???  That is laughable.  No wonder UNLV's losing.  Talk about "long in the tooth" Offensive shcemes.  I feel for UNLV & Tony.  

How successful & large is that Osborne/Solich Coaching tree??  Only successes are Bohl's (at only the D1AA level, though looks promising at Wyo) & Frost @ UCB, that I'm aware of.

2 hours ago, RAMification said:

Barney Cotton is the OC at any D1A Football Team???  That is laughable.  No wonder UNLV's losing.  Talk about "long in the tooth" Offensive shcemes.  I feel for UNLV & Tony.  

How successful & large is that Osborne/Solich Coaching tree??  Only successes are Bohl's (at only the D1AA level, though looks promising at Wyo) & Frost @ UCB, that I'm aware of.

You have to go back, but Jerry Moore did great things at Appalachian State and Monte Kiffin did great things in the NFL (though as a defensive coordinator).  Turner Gill has won four conference titles in five years at Liberty.

2 hours ago, RAMification said:

Dont forget DC Steve Stanard. A bust at New Mexico State but somehow Osborne convinced Sonny Lubick to hire him as his DC.  The rest is history as you and your son know.

23 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Dont forget DC Steve Stanard. A bust at New Mexico State but somehow Osborne convinced Sonny Lubick to hire him as his DC.  The rest is history as you and your son know.

Sonny's UNL connections served him well until they failed him miserably.

6 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Barney Cotton has been fired................

......from coaching on the field.  He will be coaching from the booth going forward.

I am so mad at you right now..I have seriously been hoping for changes of the DC and OC.

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

So is he going to the booth because he can see the game better or because he's tired of Sanchez dressing him down in front of everybody?

Could be the concessions.  Just sayin'.

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Ughhh.  Don't remind me!!!  Luke was furious w/ Stannard's coaching antics.  I met & spoke w/ Jake Potteroff last week.  We ended up reliving the disasters Stannard single handidly caused for that talented D.  Atrocious......  need not say more.  Thanks Swoll.