Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Farmer vs Radical Far Left Nutjob Extremists

Just now, SharkTanked said:

I just don't have all the information to jump to a conclusion. It's obvious there is a history between both sides. The blame goes both ways is all. The protesters clearly knew what their actions would result in. The farmer appears to be an unhinged nutter. Both are idiots. My post was trying to illustrate that. I don't think it it fair to only focus on the one side. 

My first post addressed that - there are better ways to deal with trespassers. Violence isn't the way.  Running into people with a vehicle isn't the way.  That makes crazy quad rider the bad guy in my opinion.  Turns out crazy quad guy doesn't own the land.  Which makes him a violent goon.  He should be arrested.  His actions are so egregious, the masked camera people's violation (if any) is minimized.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

I'm with the farmer on this one though -  still don't think he should have sprayed manure at them, but I sympathize with his frustration - posted  sign that  states no trespassing, and Thompson and her crew move a vehicle onto it to film a political  stunt.  That's not okay. And the cops come and do nothing.  Yeah, I'm with the farmer on this one.  I'd just rev the engine to make filming impossible though. The manure  stunt was nasty.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/27/emma-thompson-breaks-injunction-to-stage-fracking-protest/

56 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

After the first few assaults by Farmer Thug, the trespassers should have defended themselves,  taken his quad and dumped it at the local police station.

Telling about Top25 though.  Apparently some Libertarians are all good with assault on people they disagree with.

Those "left nutjob extremists" were exceptionally restrained. But Farmer right wing violent extremist is the good guy somehow...

Of course you would side with the trespassers rather than the farmer. You've never been an advocate of private property. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

34 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

My first post addressed that - there are better ways to deal with trespassers. Violence isn't the way.  Running into people with a vehicle isn't the way.  That makes crazy quad rider the bad guy in my opinion.  Turns out crazy quad guy doesn't own the land.  Which makes him a violent goon.  He should be arrested.  His actions are so egregious, the masked camera people's violation (if any) is minimized.

I agree with you until the end. The protestors have a role in instigating this after a similar event happened already. According to the article, police did nothing previously (though it doesn't explain the Police's side), so I can only assume they wanted to inflame the situation as they did not agree with the Police's lack of action previously.

Regardless, as I said before, both sides are asshats here. Clearly the farmer's reaction should come with a stiffer penalty (hopefully jail time), but I don't think his actions minimize the role of the protestors either.

22 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Of course you would side with the trespassers rather than the farmer. You've never been an advocate of private property. 

:D

look at the post directly before yours.  You'll be amazed.

Just now, Boise fan said:

look at the post directly before yours.  You'll be amazed.

Nope. You've always been against manure spraying rights!!! 

;) 

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Guy's, I haven't looked into this but what is "drag hunting" and is it legal in GB?

If so, who gives a rat's ass if someone is filming it?

And why are the protesters wearing mask; are the ashamed of what they're doing?

Drag hunting is a sport over here using horses and dogs to track down a planted scent. Usually reserved for the wealthy. 

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Drag hunting is a sport over here using horses and dogs to track down a planted scent. Usually reserved for the wealthy. 

so the masked leftist bastages are symbolically protesting?  :shrug:

7 minutes ago, renoskier said:

So it's legal. Then why would anyone care if it was being filmed?

Principle.  You are only allowed to protest if you are an owner - land, company, etc.

27 minutes ago, renoskier said:

They might run into an actual fox and the dogs always like that scent better.  The bunny huggers love to catch them chasing something so they can pass some more laws.

If they were chasing a rare endangered insect that provided life saving chemical treatment for prostate cancer victims no bunny huggers what care.

1 hour ago, Boise fan said:

so the masked leftist bastages are symbolically protesting?  :shrug:

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

My guess is that they were attempting to catch an illegal fox hunt on camera. That didn't take place or they would have published it. Nor did the police investigate a fox hunt. But the bigger issue going on here is a trespass. And despite @Old_SD_Dude's post above, there are trespass laws in the UK.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

My guess is that they were attempting to catch an illegal fox hunt on camera. That didn't take place or they would have published it. Nor did the police investigate a fox hunt. But the bigger issue going on here is a trespass. And despite @Old_SD_Dude's post above, there are trespass laws in the UK.

Oh I wasn't implying there aren't trespass laws. I just know from hiking over there that there are a lot of instances where prescriptive easements exist for walking across private land in situations that wouldn't fly over here. I forget the name of the Act that codifies it but it grants passage for hiking on a lot of private estates.

I agree about their intent to film a fox hunt. I think they're primarily animal rights types (although no doubt lefties as well).

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 minute ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Oh I wasn't implying there aren't trespass laws. I just know from hiking over there that there are a lot of instances where prescriptive easements exist for walking across private land in situations that wouldn't fly over here. I forget the name of the Act that codifies it but it grants passage for hiking on a lot of private estates. 

An American Werewolf in London comes to mind....

werewolfhed.jpg?resize=1100x740