Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLCPoke

Wyo @ Boise State

10 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Eh, they were just the better team that day, and they capitalized on our deficencies and mistakes.  If Wyo can play mistake-free football, you already would have a leg up on SDSU, by comparison.  And Allen is more mobile, so he can make a bigger impact on the game.

Well, and we don't have the leading rusher and in fact have kinda sucked at rushing, so our game plan wasn't going to be all that similar from the get go. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Well, and we don't have the leading rusher and in fact have kinda sucked at rushing, so our game plan wasn't going to be all that similar from the get go. 

Very true.  Their secondary has been their weak spot.  Your OLine needs to give Allen just enough time and good things can happen routinely.  A la the UVA game.

I'm really interested in watching this game as an Aztec fan. Now with all due respect to Boise State which played a great game the Aztecs were just terrible. Our rival guys broke down all the thunderous mistakes the offensive line made besides getting beaten most of the time, one guy would contain block while everybody else was blocking for a sweep. guys completely missed blocks because they thought it was somebody else's man. It was a real horror show. After seven games some of them are so confused about their assignments that the technique went to hell. So I'm interested to see whether the Broncos completely stifle the Cowboys running game because they're so good or it will be halfway decent because last game was indicative of how bad the Aztecs are.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

38 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Eh, they were just the better team that day, and they capitalized on our deficencies and mistakes.  If Wyo can play mistake-free football, you already would have a leg up on SDSU, by comparison.  And Allen is more mobile, so he can make a bigger impact on the game.

Well, Allen does't have much of a chance being a pocket guy, this year.  Everything he's done this year has been on the run :)

The World Needs More Cowboys!

21 minutes ago, steveem said:

I'm really interested in watching this game as an Aztec fan. Now with all due respect to Boise State which played a great game the Aztecs were just terrible. Our rival guys broke down all the thunderous mistakes the offensive line made besides getting beaten most of the time, one guy would contain block while everybody else was blocking for a sweep. guys completely missed blocks because they thought it was somebody else's man. It was a real horror show. After seven games some of them are so confused about their assignments that the technique went to hell. So I'm interested to see whether the Broncos completely stifle the Cowboys running game because they're so good or it will be halfway decent because last game was indicative of how bad the Aztecs are.

young uns

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Any given Saturday.  I am expecting a Boise win, but any given Saturday.

7 hours ago, steveem said:

I didn't see the game.  Could it be that the staff threw too much at them instead of simplifying it?  That's what your explanation sounds like.

Alright....it's time bitches! Tune your online streaming apps to ESPN2 and don't even think about changing the channel!! This game has big implications for the Mountain Division and could potentially drop either team out of contention for the MWC championship with a loss. Everything you need to know...

• Time: Saturday, October 21, 8:15pm (MT)
  • Weather at kickoff: 47° rainy
  • Odds: Boise State by 14
  • TV: ESPN2
  • Radio: KBOI 670 AM
  • Commentators: Roy “Regis” Philpott, Tom “The Piper’s Son” Ramsey

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

Definitely a big game, but no real Mountain Division implications.  I'm pretty sure that UNM has been eliminated from 1st place contention but that's about it.  Win or lose tonight, both teams have a path to the CCG.  It will certainly give the winner a leg up, but neither can be eliminated just yet.

4 minutes ago, nashvillepoke said:

Spent all day flying, wasn't into beer tonight.  A Guinness does kind of sound good though. 

I'm just drinking to ease the pain.

1 minute ago, DCPoke said:

Youhanna Ghaifan will see limited action due to a "turf-toe-like" injury.

Time for shots...

42 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Definitely a big game, but no real Mountain Division implications.  I'm pretty sure that UNM has been eliminated from 1st place contention but that's about it.  Win or lose tonight, both teams have a path to the CCG.  It will certainly give the winner a leg up, but neither can be eliminated just yet.

I've said it before and I will say it again....you are an idiot!!

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG