Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLCPoke

Wyo @ Boise State

Last line I saw was Wyo as a 13.5 point dog. I just hope Allen doesn’t get broken in half. I wish I could see a way Wyo wins but I can’t. Our rushing attack is horrendous, and that opens up some crazy blitz packages for the defense. They will be in Allen’s face all game. I do think we cover and our best hope is the defense coming to play. 

tetons1.jpg

9 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

Last line I saw was Wyo as a 13.5 point dog. I just hope Allen doesn’t get broken in half. I wish I could see a way Wyo wins but I can’t. Our rushing attack is horrendous, and that opens up some crazy blitz packages for the defense. They will be in Allen’s face all game. I do think we cover and our best hope is the defense coming to play. 

Well, Boise is terrible against the spread at home. They are just a little over a 30% cover at home (under Harsin), so that would suggest it should be close. I do feel Wyoming will struggle to run the ball, but SDSU got a third of their yards on one deep pass play. Allen is great at extending plays and throwing deep so that could happen. Wyoming also scores on defense and Boise's offense likes to give teams scores, so they have that going for them too. Both teams have dangerous return men, so it'll come down to who breaks one. Also, Wyoming's defense is improved, and while the Boise rushing offense is picking up steam, it is still a very mediocre offense and could likely be slowed by Wyoming. 

Boise may set the record for sacks in one game.  

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

9 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

Wyoming fans playing possum.  Kind of like we were going into the SDSU game. 

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

8 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Wyoming fans playing possum.  

Wrong. Wyo fans don't play with their food. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

If we see the Defense and ST we saw against SDSU we will win BIG.

The problem with young Defenses is consistency (lack thereof). 

It is weird to have such a pathetic Offense. Even when we had elite D's in the past our Offense was at worst still quite capable of moving the ball, chewing the clock and capitalizing on good Field Position and turnovers. 

Would love to see more of Cozart, and early in the game. I still think he has a very good arm, he just sin't in-sync with the Receivers.  

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

7 hours ago, Subcanis said:

Boise may set the record for sacks in one game.  

SDSU is one of the worst in the country at allowing sacks. Wyoming isn't terrible in that category. They'll be fine. It won't be as bad as the SDSU game.

9 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

If we see the Defense and ST we saw against SDSU we will win BIG.

The problem with young Defenses is consistency (lack thereof). 

It is weird to have such a pathetic Offense. Even when we had elite D's in the past our Offense was at worst still quite capable of moving the ball, chewing the clock and capitalizing on good Field Position and turnovers. 

Would love to see more of Cozart, and early in the game. I still think he has a very good arm, he just sin't in-sync with the Receivers.  

It does seem like we move the ball better when Cozart is in. It's almost immediate that the run game gets bets even when he is just handing off because of the threat of him keeping it. It should be pointed out, though, that the worst offensive output of the season was against UNM where Cozart played the whole game... and that was against one of the weaker defenses Boise has played. Just food for thought.

After watching the Wazzu game our game plan should be "pass for 15 yards just every play. Every goddamn play"

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

After attending Sunday night's Vegas Golden Knights game, my Uber driver assured me Wyoming would cover the spread and he recommended taking them on the money line. Said BSU is horrible against the spread as a home favorite following a big road win and the Allen would come up big. So there - Pokes win big on Saturday. I mean why wouldn't I believe him? I'm sure he drives Uber because he likes to, not because he's not good at the Sports Book.

25 minutes ago, CasperCowboy said:

After attending Sunday night's Vegas Golden Knights game, my Uber driver assured me Wyoming would cover the spread and he recommended taking them on the money line. Said BSU is horrible against the spread as a home favorite following a big road win and the Allen would come up big. So there - Pokes win big on Saturday. I mean why wouldn't I believe him? I'm sure he drives Uber because he likes to, not because he's not good at the Sports Book.

Just like the guy selling you the class on houseflipping does it because he loves teaching, instead of just flipping the houses.

"Same Shyatt Different Decade"

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Wrong. Wyo fans don't play with their food. 

We don't have possums in Wyoming, at least not many.  Closest equivalent to these trash raiders here are raccoons and black bears.  As such Possum would be an imported delicacy in these parts.  We have to continue to settle and eat beef, pork, elk, deer, pronghorn (makes great brats and jerky), moose, bison.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

SDSU is one of the worst in the country at allowing sacks. Wyoming isn't terrible in that category. They'll be fine. It won't be as bad as the SDSU game.

Only because Allen is more mobile and harder to take down than Chapman.  There were a few times USU's defense had Allen dead to rights but he somehow got out of it.  BSU's defense should be licking their chops (and not just for the possums) this week.

BSU has been much better on the road the last two years than at home. They were undefeated at home last year but usually won ugly against a bunch of teams they probably should have dominated. They have looked pretty craptastic in all 3 home games so far this year too. That being said, other than AFA, Boise typically smokes teams they have lost to the previous year. I suspect they will be highly motivated in this one after losing in Laramie last year.

Boise's offense is due for a bit of the breakout and I think it happens this week. I also think the BSU defense gets exposed a bit this week in the defensive backfield. SDSU had a couple big passing shot plays last week and dropped two more that would have went for huge gains. I'm sure Wyoming took note of that. I'm betting BSU covers in a higher than expected scoring game, 38-21. 

44 minutes ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

We don't have possums in Wyoming, at least not many.  Closest equivalent to these trash raiders here are raccoons and black bears.  As such Possum would be an imported delicacy in these parts.  We have to continue to settle and eat beef, pork, elk, deer, pronghorn (makes great brats and jerky), moose, bison.

Only because Allen is more mobile and harder to take down than Chapman.  There were a few times USU's defense had Allen dead to rights but he somehow got out of it.  BSU's defense should be licking their chops (and not just for the possums) this week.

That's both a blessing and a curse. Mobile QBs often take unnecessary sacks because they feel they can scramble out of bad situations. Kellen Moore was as immobile as they come, but rarely took sacks because he knew he needed to get rid of the ball when pressure came.