Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Marvin Menzies

I listened to his interview on The Press Box today.  He really gets it. He said they’re going to be strategic with their non-conference schedule for the next two years after this.  He then implied that, after that, they’re really going to step it up.  At this point, he said he has a young team and doesn’t want to beat them up badly before conference play.

In addition, they had an NBA pro day.  Menzies didn’t go into details, but he said that the scouts were impressed by multiple players not named Brandon McCoy.  Mbacke Diong would be one of my guesses.  I think he’s a future pro.

McCoy is more of a project than many think. I saw him live twice and came away underwhelmed. He may get drafted on potential alone but we shouldn't expect lofty numbers from him this year.

I think Juiston and Dembele are the two I'm most excited to see. Pretty unfamiliar with our guards, save Mooring.

12 minutes ago, RedheadRebel said:

McCoy is more of a project than many think. I saw him live twice and came away underwhelmed. He may get drafted on potential alone but we shouldn't expect lofty numbers from him this year.

I think Juiston and Dembele are the two I'm most excited to see. Pretty unfamiliar with our guards, save Mooring.

Same here. and I'm actually ok with that, the biggest impact that McCoy will have on the program this year is that his commitment was a huge shot in the arm recruiting wise. I'm not sure without him that we get Juiston or Hardy, or possibly some others in the future that we don't even know about yet.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Juiston and Dembele (he is apparently the most improved), and from what I hear, Clyburn has been burning it up over the summer and fall. Apparently Diong is further along than Dembele was to start with last year.

Now we will find out if Menzies can coach. Last year, and NMSU don't count, lol.

Anyway, it's almost time. :Clapping:

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

In addition, they had an NBA pro day.  Menzies didn’t go into details, but he said that the scouts were impressed by multiple players not named Brandon McCoy.  Mbacke Diong would be one of my guesses.  I think he’s a future pro.

Probably Juiston because he's a high motor guy and Hardy given his scoring ability. 

Now that football season is circling down the drain, I'm glad basketball is right around the corner. 

39 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Probably Juiston because he's a high motor guy and Hardy given his scoring ability. 

Now that football season is circling down the drain, I'm glad basketball is right around the corner. 

The football team will win at least five games.

this is marvelous menzie's first year, no doubt. admittedly, not only was last season a lost year, it set the program back a lot. thankfully, it's not hard to right the ship in college basketball so this year should tell us a lot

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I listened to his interview on The Press Box today.  He really gets it. He said they’re going to be strategic with their non-conference schedule for the next two years after this.  He then implied that, after that, they’re really going to step it up.  At this point, he said he has a young team and doesn’t want to beat them up badly before conference play.

This is the most ridiculous post I've ever read.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

51 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

The football team will win at least five games.

This is the most rediculus post I've ever heard.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Just now, sactowndog said:

Stop it Warbow.  If you want to pick on somebody try picking on me MF. 

This is the most caring post I've ever read.

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

That reminds me, it's been four years since we last played UNLV.   we're due for another matchup.  :police:

21 minutes ago, Warbow said:

This is the most ridiculous post I've ever read.

Everyone lays an egg at least once here 

46 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Lol.   You are funny.  Hawaii going to get their shit together this week?   Fresno's getting back we need Hawaii back too. 

Once get get a real DC we'll be back. Our offense is no joke. Don't get over confident yet as you guys haven't beaten anyone with a winning record yet.

39 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Everyone lays an egg at least once here 

You can take your dozen and proceed to the UCSB board, if there's such a board.:friends:

9 minutes ago, Warbow said:

You can take your dozen and proceed to the UCSB board, if there's such a board.:friends:

I can't do that.  They were a gift from kalua's chicken Larry.

7 hours ago, Warbow said:

Once get get a real DC we'll be back. Our offense is no joke. Don't get over confident yet as you guys haven't beaten anyone with a winning record yet.

Note I said getting back.   However I like the fundamental tackling and aggressive run blocking I have seen so far.