Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

MW POTW

http://www.themwc.com/news/2017/10/16/mountain-west-football-players-of-the-week-week-7.aspx

O-Gallup, CSU

D-Granderson, Wyo

ST-Williams, BSU

Boise hasn't won a POTW honor on either side of the ball, but Avery Williams is the only player to win the ST honor twice. SDSU has won 8 of the 21 awards.

Gallup earned OPTOW.  He was the best player on the field Saturday

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, Scooter said:

Gallup had a ridiculously good game.  Best I've ever seen by a Ram WR.

What round does he get drafted? I guess it depends on his combine. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

http://www.themwc.com/news/2017/10/16/mountain-west-football-players-of-the-week-week-7.aspx

O-Gallup, CSU

D-Granderson, Wyo

ST-Williams, BSU

Boise hasn't won a POTW honor on either side of the ball, but Avery Williams is the only player to win the ST honor twice. SDSU has won 8 of the 21 awards.

CSU has the top offense in the MWC and Gallup is the first CSU player to be honored this season.  He owes it to the Boise defense who kept Rashad Penny from winning it for the 500th consecutive time.

2 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

What round does he get drafted? I guess it depends on his combine. 

Hard to say.  Word is that if he can consistently run 4.5 or less at the combine then he might sneak into the first round.  He ran 4.4 before coming to CSU but he's a lot bigger now.  I would guess late 2nd or 3rd.

We've had some decent receivers who have gone on to play in the NFL but none of them had the catching ability of Gallup.  He turns 50/50 balls into 100% balls all the time.

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

Gallup was a clear #2 in spring behind Williams IMO. I wonder if I’d still see it that way?  He seems to get better every week. 

Kinda crazy to think that the best receiver in the MWC is playing for the CSU scout team this season.

41 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Kinda crazy to think that the best receiver in the MWC is playing for the CSU scout team this season.

Could be.  Gallup really has developed a ton in 7 games.

51 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

The thing about Gallup is that as talented as he is, he's ultra humble.  Not sure Preston Williams shares that same mindset.  I'm glad we'll get to find out though.

54 minutes ago, RambleOn said:

The thing about Gallup is that as talented as he is, he's ultra humble.  Not sure Preston Williams shares that same mindset.  I'm glad we'll get to find out though.

I've said this before but I'm impressed at the athletes Bobo is getting to Fort Collins. That superior lifestyle must appeal to ballers in SEC country. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

58 minutes ago, RambleOn said:

He can be arrogant as hell as long as he goes to class and keeps his nose clean IMO.  Agree that Gallup's humility will take him far in life, but it doesn't mean snot on the field.  

Very proud that Gallup is a RAM.

I don't think Preston is better than Gallup and I saw the spring game

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250