Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDoggFather

Battle for the Oil Can

34 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I guess a lot of Dogs traveled. 

Ps. Just noticed Huge Dumps wife bottom right. Didn't know she was a SDSU fan. 

Ha. Good crowd. Admittedly I'm nervous about this game. Don't know what team to expect.

I didn't see a thread started for this HUGE MWC West game, so here it is. If there is one, admin, please delete this one or merge. You got to think that the winner of this game is a near lock to represent the West in the MWCCG. Not sure who to cheer for here since SDSU will need alot of help to get to a NY6 bowl game... so... Go BullTecs!?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

You guys battle for an oil can... did not know that. Not flaming but, why?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

9 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

cars back in the day needed to carry oil cans for their long trip to and from fresno and san diego 

12 minutes ago, retrofade said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresno_State–San_Diego_State_football_rivalry

It's a newish thing, and comes across as pretty forced.

Thanks for the  info. So the trophy has been given to the winner since 2011... I was wondering  what it looked like, so I googled it... Guess this bad boy needs a pretty good sized display case at what ever school it resides in!

7515009.jpg

650x366

6 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

That RED-out was dumb. I have no problem with "outs" but at SDSU, they need to be black.

Red looks better and more full on TV, but black is easier to get people to wear.

16 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Thanks for the  info. So the trophy has been given to the winner since 2011... I was wondering  what it looked like, so I googled it... Guess this bad boy needs a pretty good sized display case at what ever school it resides in!

7515009.jpg

650x366

it's a pretty cool trophy, just speaks to the long history between the two programs. 

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

I didn't see a thread started for this HUGE MWC West game, so here it is. If there is one, admin, please delete this one or merge. You got to think that the winner of this game is a near lock to represent the West in the MWCCG. Not sure who to cheer for here since SDSU will need alot of help to get to a NY6 bowl game... so... Go BullTecs!?

I merged them.  Just to keep the in game posts on one thread for everyone.

Why bring that out from 8 yards deep?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater