Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDoggFather

Battle for the Oil Can

38 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

I love the "put yourself out there posts".... I don't think we will win, but we have a good shot.... what's that?

SDSU questioning themselves this Monday morning... FS riding high...

Handing to Penny over and over won't get SDSU victory-and that's obviously their game... too much for FS/Retreadford to see/exploit on film.  SDSU QB cannot win games for the Aztecs-looks like he's throwing a wet rag... .noodle

FS jumps on the flat Aztecs early and wins going away... 27-17

#moneyline

Looks like you got to find another nickname as that seems to be in-accurate.. 

Just now, rudolro said:

We're 3-3 since joining the MWC with each team winning once in the others house.

I meant over the last couple of seasons. My point was that the conference needs as many teams as possible to be good and over the last couple of years where SDSU has been steaming through the West division, Fresno being bad was bad for the conference as a whole.

Just now, DrBulldog said:

Looks like you got to find another nickname as that seems to be in-accurate.. 

Nah. It's accurate. He's a retread. A retread of taking an awful team and putting them on a trajectory to making them a national powerhouse. That's what he did at Cal. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Just now, Aztecmg said:

I meant over the last couple of seasons. My point was that the conference needs as many teams as possible to be good and over the last couple of years where SDSU has been steaming through the West division, Fresno being bad was bad for the conference as a whole.

Oh. No question about that. We were all sorts of bad. We even invinted new ways to lose.

It will be interesting to see how our young OL reacts to being embarrassed.   Either way this will be a close hard fought game like they pretty much all have been between the teams........even though we own you sheep +++++ing beeeotches!!!

9 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Great to see Fresno good again.  That being said, SDSU is at home and should be pissed and focused for this one.  It will be close but SDSU 28 Fresno State 20.

Demoralizing losses can go either way.... Pretty tough to swallow last week though considering the ranking, and NY bowl looming in a player's mind.. we'll see.

7 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Nah. It's accurate. He's a retread. A retread of taking an awful team and putting them on a trajectory to making them a national powerhouse. That's what he did at Cal. 

Let's hope he's decided academics are important-that's what he didn't think about when at Cal.

2 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Let's hope he's decided academics are important-that's what he didn't think about when at Cal.

Oh, he's well aware of it. He brings it up in nearly every press conference. To the point where it's a bit annoying. I assume he's trying to silence his critics. Even the players bring it up as part of their coach-talk responses. Let's hope it's not only talk. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

this thread is going for 20 pages

20 minutes ago, k5james said:

It will be interesting to see how our young OL reacts to being embarrassed.   Either way this will be a close hard fought game like they pretty much all have been between the teams........even though we own you sheep +++++ing beeeotches!!!

i remember the 2014 win...god, that game was miserable. Cold, shitty. 

29 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Demoralizing losses can go either way.... Pretty tough to swallow last week though considering the ranking, and NY bowl looming in a player's mind.. we'll see.

Leave your personal business with your "partner" out of this. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

26 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm not a fan of either team but I'm really excited for this game. Definitely going to be staying up until 3 AM watching it on a pirated stream. Finally another contender in the West...Fresno is a phoenix from the ashes. All going to depend on SDSU's mindset honestly. If they go in defeated and miserable after the last game...hungover if you will...Fresno is going to beat them. However if they play pissed off, given Fresno is really a wildcard of a team, they could collectively become Jefferson from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" (located in the San Diego hamlet of Clairemont oddly enough), and steamroll 42-0. 

Of course there could be a middle ground too, which is more likely. I'm really looking forward to it. 

31vd_c.gif

21 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

tough loss for the kids, sicko.... for you, we know it's an easy and eager swallow.....

Sicko?? Me?

Hey, You're the one stuffing dycks in your mouth on the streets of Cupertino. If anyone is a sicko that's you. 

#CC

#LMAO

6 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Sicko?? Me?

Hey, You're the one stuffing dycks in your mouth on the streets of Cupertino. If anyone is a sicko that's you. 

#CC

#LMAO

When you post with too much anger, and way too graphically, you come off as desperate and far from funny.....Take a breath, and go back to what you do well (uhhhhhh, I guess gifs?) or at least pretend not to be overly aggravated by the witty retorts....you tend to set yourself up for this heavyweight MWC poster.... creeper's, #tips4thewitless.....you're welcome

56 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm not a fan of either team but I'm really excited for this game. Definitely going to be staying up until 3 AM watching it on a pirated stream. Finally another contender in the West...Fresno is a phoenix from the ashes. All going to depend on SDSU's mindset honestly. If they go in defeated and miserable after the last game...hungover if you will...Fresno is going to beat them. However if they play pissed off, given Fresno is really a wildcard of a team, they could collectively become Jefferson from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" (located in the San Diego hamlet of Clairemont oddly enough), and steamroll 42-0. 

Of course there could be a middle ground too, which is more likely. I'm really looking forward to it. 

Cameron Crowe went undercover as a student there but I don't think any of the movie was filmed at that school. I know all the mall scenes were filmed near me at the Sherman Oaks Galleria in "the Valley" - which no longer looks anything like it did back then. So my assumption is that totally phony football scene was filmed at a local HS. Maybe Birmingham where the actor who played the peg-legged guy in Gunsmoke headed the the fundraising campaign to build it.

The story of how Sean Penn landed the part of Jeff Spicoli, which I assume you've heard, is classic.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I think SDSu will win but not by much. If Roemer is back at tackle it will help.  Close very close

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche