Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDoggFather

Battle for the Oil Can

26 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

The #17 and #21 total defense teams in the country face off Saturday in America's Finest City!

Should be a nice, low-scoring affair...although I say that and watch it be 45-42...

Penny went up against the #13(Boise St) rush defense last week and will go against the #14(Fresno St) rush defense this Saturday. Should be a fun game. Hopefully the dogs could do what Boise did to him and force the Aztecs to pass more.

5 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I don't think we take this one.  But we've got a good shot.  

Fresno is going into this game with alot of confidence you have to believe, I think this game depends on how SD responds to the loss last week. A New Years bowl is pretty much a dead dream now so we'll see what SD team shows up.

All the pressure is on SUDS really.  They're favored, at home, but they know a loss would kill their chances maybe of winning the West.  Dogs have no pressure on them.

I love the "put yourself out there posts".... I don't think we will win, but we have a good shot.... what's that?

SDSU questioning themselves this Monday morning... FS riding high...

Handing to Penny over and over won't get SDSU victory-and that's obviously their game... too much for FS/Retreadford to see/exploit on film.  SDSU QB cannot win games for the Aztecs-looks like he's throwing a wet rag... .noodle

FS jumps on the flat Aztecs early and wins going away... 27-17

#moneyline

Just now, creeper86 said:

I love the "put yourself out there posts".... I don't think we will win, but we have a good shot.... what's that?

SDSU questioning themselves this Monday morning... FS riding high...

Handing to Penny over and over won't get SDSU victory-and that's obviously their game... too much for FS/Retreadford to see/exploit on film.  SDSU QB cannot win games for the Aztecs.  

FS jumps on the flat Aztecs early and wins going away... 27-17

it means that outside of legit elite squads like bama and washington, no game is out of reach, even if i don't feel confident in predicting a win.   i'd almost forgotten what that felt like.

anyhow, i think a lot of how we do saturday hinges on whether we get ronnie rivers back.  He torqued something in his arm/elbow vs NM, and while nothing's broken, he could still have a nasty sprain or ligament tear.   We have other RBs who can rush well, but hokit and mims.  And we'll need a safety valve, rocky will be sending the house.

4 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

it means that outside of legit elite squads like bama and washington, no game is out of reach, even if i don't feel confident in predicting a win.   i'd almost forgotten what that felt like.

anyhow, i think a lot of how we do saturday hinges on whether we get ronnie rivers back.  He torqued something in his arm/elbow vs NM, and while nothing's broken, he could still have a nasty sprain or ligament tear.   We have other RBs who can rush well, but hokit and mims.  And we'll need a safety valve, rocky will be sending the house.

Getting Forrestor for the entire game is exponentially more important than Rivers IMO 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

11 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I missed the beginning of Coach Tedford's presser, but I caught the ending of him talking about Rivers.  I "think" he said Rivers is fine and there was no reason for him to get back into the game at that point, but he will take an MRI today to see what's wrong. 

18 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Getting Forrestor for the entire game is exponentially more important than Rivers IMO 

he didn't deserve the ejection, imo, but i don't have any confidence in the league office reversing that suspension.

37 minutes ago, Cincy said:

All the pressure is on SUDS really.  They're favored, at home, but they know a loss would kill their chances maybe of winning the West.  Dogs have no pressure on them.

Kinda true..given expectations, we're almost hitting house money status.  Honestly though, although it was hardly a secret, Boise provided a solid template (often creeping 10 up) and they made it work...our run D has been solid, but right now we don't have the top to bottom athletes Boise has...even so, I think we'll compete even if we come up short.  And SDSU is like Pat Hill's Dogs...they'll let people hang around even if they're in control....so I think we stay within striking distance for the duration....I think.         

24 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Atkins, Iakopo and Haynes were less than impressive in relief vs SJSU, but they handled themselves fairly well when rotating in vs NM.  Not sure which we'll see Saturday.   Probably somewhere in between.