Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DCPoke

Packing 'em in eh Rammies?

17 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Is that against Nevada? That was a close game, I am surprised to see the crowd so sparse.

What Qtr was this? Maybe right after half time? 

Looking at other photos, the stadium looked quite full (see timelapse link below). I wonder if this was when UNR took an 11 point lead and @LoFasZz and his buds snuck out thinking the game was a lost cause .. ?

Timelapse: http://noconow.co/2wWOxqs

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

36,765 was the attendance (4th largest in CSU history).  The stadium was packed until after halftime.  In the 4th it really emptied out.

Ram fans are not used to these 8:15 kickoffs and the temp was 35 degrees and 30-40 MPH winds tenderized everybody during tailgating.  I think  a lot of fans just ramn out of gas.

It sucks but I stuck it out he whole game but many did not.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

12 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Didn't seem to take long for the New Stadium novelty to wear off...  On ESPN it showed the attendance at 90%,  OK THEN!

What a stupid post.  The novelty has not even close to worn off.

You poke fans would dream of having the attendance we have.  The AF game in 2 weeks is already sold out and i guarantee they  will be there all 4 quarters as the game is at 1:00.  I also think the Boise game will sell out as well.

I know it was a late game and it got colder as the night went on, but as I sat there and watched fans file out in the second half, I was a little disappointed considering how close the game was. By the end it was very sparse. As a CSU alum and fan I hate to say all that, but it's the truth, at least for that night.

14 minutes ago, Scooter said:

36,765 was the attendance (4th largest in CSU history).  The stadium was packed until after halftime.  In the 4th it really emptied out.

Ram fans are not used to these 8:15 kickoffs and the temp was 35 degrees and 30-40 MPH winds tenderized everybody during tailgating.  I think  a lot of fans just ramn out of gas.

One thing I would love to get back to are Saturday afternoon kick-off times.

I don't mind an occasional Thursday night game, but yeah and 8:15 start time sucks for the fans in the stadium.  

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

12 minutes ago, Scooter said:

What a stupid post.  The novelty has not even close to worn off.

You poke fans would dream of having the attendance we have.  The AF game in 2 weeks is already sold out and i guarantee they  will be there all 4 quarters as the game is at 1:00.  I also think the Boise game will sell out as well.

Scoots, play around with the worm a bit and don't swallow it hook, line and sinker so quickly next time.

We'd dream of having your attendance?  Why would we, or anyone else for that matter, dream of only a marginal increase in attendance?  You've got a brand new stadium with only 6,000 more seats than ours, in a demographic with 10x the population that Laramie has?  Can you push that chest of yours out a little further?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 minute ago, RogueStout said:

One thing I would love to get back to are Saturday afternoon kick-off times.

I don't mind an occasional Thursday night game, but yeah and 8:15 start time sucks for the fans in the stadium.  

So true!  CSU will have to get used to this as ESPN2 will be all over the Rams the next couple of season.  I know the Boise fans dont like the 830 pm games either.  

19 minutes ago, Scooter said:

8:15 kickoffs suck balls, no doubt.  I hate 'em.  Before this year you could rationalize 'em some with the 1/2 million payoff you got from ESPN.  Now that it goes into the conference "pot" and gets split equally (except Hawaii) just makes it so very difficult to take.

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

Scoots, play around with the worm a bit and don't swallow it hook, line and sinker so quickly next time.

We'd dream of having your attendance?  Why would we, or anyone else for that matter, dream of only a marginal increase in attendance?  You've got a brand new stadium with only 6,000 more seats than ours, in a demographic with 10x the population that Laramie has?  Can you push that chest of yours out a little further?

It's a stupid post.  You wouldn't want to average over 35,000 a game??  More ridiculous spin from you yet again.

wyo's attendance is garbage and your stadium is garbage.

5 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I would love nevada to get 35k and then everyone leave. Best of both worlds. Good revenue. Then beer lines part for me. 

Come to a CSU game the next opportunity you get.  In Wyo's game last year the stadium was empty mid 3rd quarter.

9 minutes ago, Scooter said:

It's a stupid post.  You wouldn't want to average over 35,000 a game??  More ridiculous spin from you yet again.

wyo's attendance is garbage and your stadium is garbage.

CSU's attendance is garbage too, in the grand scheme of things.

7 minutes ago, pokebball said:

CSU's attendance is garbage too, in the grand scheme of things.

It is?? :blink:  3 of the first 4 home games have sold out.

you need to realize and accept that this new stadium is a game changer for our program.  The Hughes days are over.

Yeah, I sit above the student section. Stadium was pretty much full until halftime.

Like others have said, windy that afternoon/evening. Temps in the low 30s, team playing like garbage all caused people to leave. First cold one of the season. I drive up from Denver and didn't get home until 1:45. That just sucks as a fan.

I did enjoy being able to stand the whole 4th quarter (for warmth and for support) since no one was behind me for like 10 rows.

I'll take having a crowd that shows up and then leaves over getting 20K total at the game. Winning cures everything.

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

It is?? :blink:  3 of the first 4 home games have sold out.

you need to realize and accept that this new stadium is a game changer for our program.  The Hughes days are over.

They said that about Hughes too. How'd that work out for ya'?

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes