Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamSack

Is It Time To Resume the Korean War?

Is It Time to Resume the Korean War?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to resume the Korean War?

• Yes, diplomacy hasn't worked
    • Not yet, there's still a chance diplomacy will work
    • No, avoid war at all cost

I chose the sane option, "Avoid war at all cost." We don't have to maintain the status quo forever; just long enough until our missile defense systems are good enough to reliably shoot down the few missiles NK could haul at a country. 

2 hours ago, I am Ram said:

I chose the sane option, "Avoid war at all cost." We don't have to maintain the status quo forever; just long enough until our missile defense systems are good enough to reliably shoot down the few missiles NK could haul at a country. 

Our missile defense systems could easily defeat any NK attack.  Even if it’s only 50% effective we can launch more than enough to knock all of them down.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

There's no way NK ever attacks us directly, Japan will always be the target, maybe they get uppity and try Beijing.

That would be economic suicide for them. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Our missile defense systems could easily defeat any NK attack.  Even if it’s only 50% effective we can launch more than enough to knock all of them down.  

Have we ever successfully tested a missile defense system against an ICBM?

A computer simulation does not give me confidence.

16 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Have we ever successfully tested a missile defense system against an ICBM?

A computer simulation does not give me confidence.

Yes we’ve successfully tested several of them. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/30/politics/us-successfully-tests-shooting-down-ballistic-missile/index.html

3 hours ago, RamSack said:

Discuss.

Well, when you find a way to evacuate 20 million people out of South Korea, as well as the entire mainland of Japan, then we can have an actual option to turn to war. 

N Korea's old artillery alone would kill 10 million South Koreans in a short amount of time. It would also destroy our airforce bases in South Korea. You cannot shoot down artillery. And they have been building and aiming artillery at South Korea since the 50's. More than most of you could even imagine in your wildest dreams. 

They would destroy Japan. They would love to Nuke Japan. Itching to do it and a war with us would be their excuse. 

Plus, if we start aggression with North Korea, we will also have to fight China. And screw that.

Every North Korean has been raised that we are evil. Their school children practice sticking american dummies with knives and shet, from a young age. The way they are raised, every single man, woman and child would fight us. 

North Korea has 1.9 Million active duty soldiers. And another 7.7 million reservists. They actually have more soldiers than we do. And they dump almost all of their money into their military, their equipment is not all outdated. That is media spin. They are broke and starving because all their money goes towards the military. 

They also have 35,000 Tanks. 72 submarines. 563 battle aircraft. Actually, these estimates could be low. 

Plus, as many soldiers as they already have, they could hold a draft and everyone they draft will gladly fight to the death. 

Can you imagine if we had to hold a draft? With the crazy, spoiled, emotional and over medicated youth that we have?

OMG, it would set off a civil war right here. 

There is no war option with North Korea. There won't ever be a War option with North Korea. All we can do is open up talks, and give them a piece of capitalism. Get them building shet for Walmart and Amazon to sell to us.  And like China, we will have the power of the dollar over them.

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

They have hundreds of thousands of large artillery aimed at Seoul and our airforce bases, and many other large so korean cities. . Our missile defense system is useless against artillery, and they have been building it since the 1950's. And Im not talking scud missles. Im talking large exploding artillery shells, hundreds of thousands of them spread out all over their country. 

Also, don't even believe the media spin that their artillery and equipment is all old or inoperable. They are broke and starving the population only because they put most of their money and resources into the military. 

Lastly, no USA missile defense system is 100% capable. Or even 80% capable. And we wouldn't be able to stop them from destroying Japan, either. 

We would have to mass scale nuke every single inch of North Korea all at once. This would shoot so much radiation to neighboring countries, China, Japan, So Korea, everyone. We would be at war with the entire world in the end. 

And a civil war would erupt here that would take ourselves out. 

1 hour ago, BacksThePack said:

Try to goad China in to doing it for us, though that would probably lead to them start installing puppet regime's through out their sphere of influence in Asia and Africa. Cold War part 2. Thank god India isn't on the best terms with them.

China wont do it. Think about this. If they take out North Korea, and the two Korea's unify.. China then suddenly has tons of USA bases right smack dab on their border. 

They need North Korea. 

To me, a Nuclear North Korea doesnt scare me as bad as a Nuclear Iran, or a Nuclear Pakistan. Two Muslim countries who absolutely hate our guts. In fact, Pakistan and India will start nuking ea other long before North Korea ever start nuking anyone. 

It buys us time to set back and just open talks with North Korea, but this would take a govt that is willing to swallow some ego. And we aren't very good at swallowing ego. 

Some day, everyone will nuke each other. That is the inevitable end. But we have a ways to go before that happens. 

22 minutes ago, WilliamHicks said:

They have hundreds of thousands of large artillery aimed at Seoul and our airforce bases, and many other large so korean cities. . Our missile defense system is useless against artillery, and they have been building it since the 1950's. And Im not talking scud missles. Im talking large exploding artillery shells, hundreds of thousands of them spread out all over their country. 

Also, don't even believe the media spin that their artillery and equipment is all old or inoperable. They are broke and starving the population only because they put most of their money and resources into the military. 

Lastly, no USA missile defense system is 100% capable. Or even 80% capable. And we wouldn't be able to stop them from destroying Japan, either. 

We would have to mass scale nuke every single inch of North Korea all at once. This would shoot so much radiation to neighboring countries, China, Japan, So Korea, everyone. We would be at war with the entire world in the end. 

And a civil war would erupt here that would take ourselves out. 

Oh I know this. This is why I don’t advocate attacking NK.  We would undoubtedly win a war with NK but it would cost the lives of millions of South Koreans.  The cost is way too high. 

1 hour ago, WilliamHicks said:

China wont do it. Think about this. If they take out North Korea, and the two Korea's unify.. China then suddenly has tons of USA bases right smack dab on their border. 

They need North Korea. 

To me, a Nuclear North Korea doesnt scare me as bad as a Nuclear Iran, or a Nuclear Pakistan. Two Muslim countries who absolutely hate our guts. In fact, Pakistan and India will start nuking ea other long before North Korea ever start nuking anyone. 

It buys us time to set back and just open talks with North Korea, but this would take a govt that is willing to swallow some ego. And we aren't very good at swallowing ego. 

Some day, everyone will nuke each other. That is the inevitable end. But we have a ways to go before that happens. 

This is why there will not be war. China doesn't want a unified Korea that could turn into even more of an economic power or US military bases on its borders. It also doesn't want a war with the US, its largest trading partner. IMO, China will get the NK's to back down in exchange for favorable terms with the US on trade and monetary policy. 

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

All that proves to me is the U.S. can fire a missile and self destruct it when they want to.  Convincing some dumbass reporters they saw something that may or may not have happened.