Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Turd of the Week! -Week 7

TOTW  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who is it?

• UNM getting shut out in Fresno 0-38
    • SDSU losing their ranking and big bowl dreams at the hands of Boise 14-31
    • SJSU still FBS winless with a loss to Hawaii 26-37
    • Nevada nearly beating overhyped CSU in a half empty stadium 42-44
    • UNLV blowing their big lead over AFA 30-34
    • USU losing to Manning Jr 23-28

Gotta be UNLV, I still don't understand how a running team like UNLV blows a 30-7 lead in the 3rd qrt. Either Sanchez has some gamblers out feeding half time scores or he just dont know how to manage game situations. Something  smells very fishy about this game and it's not because Dre's mama was in attendence.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

I too voted for UNLV.  Blowing a 27-0 lead against a team that is not built to come from behind is really appalling.  I give a lot of credit to Air Force for making the necessary adjustments as the game went on.  They pretty much ran only about 2 or 3 different plays but they sure ran them well.  But they needed lots of help from UNLV to make it happen and somehow the Rebels obliged.

Wow, it's a really tough one this week. A lot of good options. I went New Mexico. It was only a couple days ago that lobofan was adamant that it would be them or CSU coming out of the SEC Mountain. To lose by six scores to a team that won one game last year while getting shut out is embarrassing. UNLV blowing a 27-0 is bad, but they weren't supposed to win in the first place.

Btw, kudos to Fresno. They might be the best team in the West. I like Fresno being good again. 

• UNM getting shut out in Fresno 0-38 - UNM being gutted was a bit of a surprise, but it appears a QB move is being made by Davie........Fresno struck with the long ball and there is talent on the roster & the Dogs could be coming together at the right time.

• SDSU losing their ranking and big bowl dreams at the hands of Boise 14-31 - BSU was out to make a statement that BSU is still the top program in the MWC & their defense shut down the vaunted SDSU running game.....SDSU as usual is expected to stumble and they did, but at least it wasn't to some 3 win team this time. Not a ton of shame to be found here, 

• SJSU still FBS winless with a loss to Hawaii 26-37 - SJSU just doesn't have much and Hawaii needed this win (Hawaii needs every home win) and this game was not a blow out .....just two lower half MWC teams doing their thing.

• Nevada nearly beating overhyped CSU in a half empty stadium 42-44 - CSU started off like they were going to be the 24pt favorite, then UNR woke up and smacked the Rams in the snoot. Good sign might be that the Pack is getting their offense together........sad to watch the CSU crowd thin like an balding mans pate in time lapse, as the game went on and CSU struggled, the crowd thinned with the passing minutes
  • UNLV blowing their big lead over AFA 30-34  - This collapse got my vote.....UNLV opened looking good in every facet of the game and played a great 30 minutes. Problem is the game is 60 minutes and  UNLV forgot that little fact.....just a shameful, pathetic display by all involved. UNLV realistically should be 4-2, but this is UNLV & that means "stupid" can and does happen in any given game.
  •  
  • USU losing to Manning Jr 23-28 - Wyoming wins a close one and USU loses a close one......nothing to see here other than a back and forth tight MWC game 

30 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:
  • SDSU losing their ranking and big bowl dreams at the hands of Boise 14-31 - BSU was out to make a statement that BSU is still the top program in the MWC & their defense shut down the vaunted SDSU running game.....SDSU as usual is expected to stumble and they did, but at least it wasn't to some 3 win team this time. Not a ton of shame to be found here, 

I don't know man, I had to vote SDSU because K5Blart has been telling us for years how Boise State is nothing more than finesse limp-wristed pretty boys who don't belong on the same field with a Rocky Long team. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

33 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I don't know man, I had to vote SDSU because K5Blart has been telling us for years how Boise State is nothing more than finesse limp-wristed pretty boys who don't belong on the same field with a Rocky Long team. 

Even limp-wristed pretty boys can luck their way into a win.  ????

Without a doubt, this weeks turd is UNM! We got mauled, manhandled, molested, bitch slapped, piss’d on/crapped on, punked out, pimped out, used, abused, and just plain not treated very well!

once again, FSU is our daddy... they have our number for sure... so does the next team up... CSU! Our next whipping will be in front of what’s left of the football fan base. We’ll be lucky to see 20k Friday night!

#UNMgotowned!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Wow, it's a really tough one this week. A lot of good options. I went New Mexico. It was only a couple days ago that lobofan was adamant that it would be them or CSU coming out of the SEC Mountain. To lose by six scores to a team that won one game last year while getting shut out is embarrassing. UNLV blowing a 27-0 is bad, but they weren't supposed to win in the first place.

Btw, kudos to Fresno. They might be the best team in the West. I like Fresno being good again. 

But I think that's what made it so much worse. I wasn't counting on a win, and then the rebs went out and showed what they could do.

And then in the second half, they went out and also showed what they could do. :(

Just now, 4UNLV said:

But I think that's what made it so much worse. I wasn't counting on a win, and then the rebs went out and showed what they could do.

And then in the second half, they went out and also showed what they could do. :(

Oh, don't get me wrong, they were a close 2nd. That probably would have won most of the time, but it was a really competitive turd week. 

7 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Take heart, 2018 will be Sanchez's make or break year.

You'll lose Devonte Boyd but almost nobody else of worth and Rogers will have a year under his belt so I think it's going to be a "make" year.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Lots of candidates this week but I just have to go with SDSU.  So much talk and the Aztecs barely even showed up at home!  Dominated!

Me too.  The Broncos are solid this year but not their usual dominating selves, and SDSU had them at home with a potential undefeated season and Access Bowl berth on the line.  The loss killed those possibilities for the Aztecs as well as costing the conference millions.

Folks like to give UH grief for its poor showing in the Sugar Bowl but at least we got there.  Going undefeated is damned hard, for any team in any conference in any year.

1 minute ago, k5james said:

NY6 dreams still alive.  We just need some help now.

CSU and Boise need to win out (other than the game against each other).  San Diego State needs to win out.  The winner of the MWC Championship game will then have a chance to get into the NY6 game.

The last time Boise went, they benefitted from having a win over a 10-2 CSU.