Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Limebull

Congrats Boise State

Just now, Joe from WY said:

FWIW you're the one who keeps bringing up attendance, LimeyDouche. I have always just said that nobody cares about USF athletics (because they don't) and you resort to "Well our attendance is more than Wyoming's so nobody cares about Wyoming". 

You're the loser who resorts to attendance every time. Check yourself before your wreck yourself. 

You just admitted in your own post that you start everything, just give up goddammit

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I figured. But I think UCF's only tough game left besides that one is going to be the @Navy game next week. @SMU could be a land mine too. 

It's too bad the UCF/GT game got cancelled. GT has looked really good this year too...almost beat Miami yesterday if not for a fluke catch. 

Yea, it is likely that UCF would have lost to Ga Tech. Unfortunate for SDSU. 

Lots of football to be played. I am more concerned about SDSU getting dominated at the line of scrimmage. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Nope, batkid, I'm merely a person who tells the truth. And the truth is nobody cares about USF athletics. It would be wholly disingenuous of me to act otherwise and say nothing of the kind.  

And yet you ignore the truth that no one cares about Wyoming in their own state

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Yeah. But Memphis State (err, U of Memphis)  is Memphis's team though. It's to Memphis what Fresno State is to Fresno. Kind of the local pro team. I guess the Grizzlies are there now, but one of my best friends who is from Memphis has told me that the locals always get behind the Tigers. 

Ole Miss hosting Vandy also hurt a little as a lot of the local Memphis casual football fans headed down to Oxford (an hour drive from Southaven/Olive Branch) for that game...if that game hadn't been going on, we would have had a couple thousand more fans there.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

23 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

but that's not 17k in a 70k stadium so explain how that photo is a 'perfect example'?

I question your logic...now a Temple home game these days...that's a perfect example.

23 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

:facepalm:

I know the south isn't exactly known for producing the brightest Americans, but sheesh. :facepalm:

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I know the south isn't exactly known for producing the brightest Americans, but sheesh. :facepalm:

It's no shocker that everyone else caught on to what I was saying there except for Memphimbecile.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Not getting involved in this dumb argument, just here to throw out that SDSU is averaging 43,386 this year. Honestly, we should have gotten more, but San Diegans are starting to show more support. We've been the talk on the radio, in the papers every day, and the buzz of the town. Just gotta turn all that attention into fans and season ticket holders. We had 10,000 students at the game vs Boise. If it were on campus, we'd have even more. 

Everyone's got attendance excuses, I'm just glad we're trending up right now. Should have a solid 35kish fans for Fresno (homecoming) this week. After that, it's UNR and UNM (on Black Friday), so expect our attendance to drop down dramatically.

Getting back to the original thread topic - a belated congrats to Boise State on one helluva performance.  Boise was able to create and take advantage of some quick opportunities to put the Aztecs down by 2 TD's and then they just stepped on our necks and didn't let us up.  Boise's d-line (and defense) really took us behind the woodshed and did very, very bad things to us.  It was apparent even before the wheels fell off that we were losing the battle for field position and faster than the bandwagon fans can say Fire Rocky - BAM - we're down by 2 td's.  Aside from those two plays - the Aztecs battled and tried to hang with Boise, but it was clear that the Aztecs were stymied on offense. 

The most telling thing I saw on Saturday night was OC coach Horton and O-line coach Schmidt huddled at one end of the Aztecs' bench, scribbling out formations and plays on a white board while Horton kept looking back and forth at his play card.  It wasn't a look of two guys who had the entire situation under control. 

Anyways - time to put this one behind us.  It's obvious that the Aztecs have some work to do if we want a rematch in December - which will most likely be on the smurf turf.  Man, I never thought a 6-1 record could feel this disappointing.

For those who are interested - Boise State will have their game plan for sale in the bookstore if there are any other teams that want to use it against us.  If you have any questions, just refer back to the game films for the lessons on how to beat this Aztec team.

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif

2 hours ago, badfish said:

Not getting involved in this dumb argument, just here to throw out that SDSU is averaging 43,386 this year. Honestly, we should have gotten more, but San Diegans are starting to show more support. We've been the talk on the radio, in the papers every day, and the buzz of the town. Just gotta turn all that attention into fans and season ticket holders. We had 10,000 students at the game vs Boise. If it were on campus, we'd have even more. 

Everyone's got attendance excuses, I'm just glad we're trending up right now. Should have a solid 35kish fans for Fresno (homecoming) this week. After that, it's UNR and UNM (on Black Friday), so expect our attendance to drop down dramatically.

For what it's worth I thought the stadium looked damn good all decked out in Aztec regalia and there were a lot of fans.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

6 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

My State is financially solvent while CA is in debt up to it's eyeballs...but that's none of my business, so....

121814_2014Memes_Kermit.gif 

mem skyline sig.jpeg

8 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

My State is financially solvent while CA is in debt up to it's** eyeballs...but that's none of my business, so....

121814_2014Memes_Kermit.gif 

*state and **its

#memphisdummy

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 10/15/2017 at 9:49 AM, Joe from WY said:

Yeah. I'm not trying to rub it in, but SDSU looked like shit last night. I lost about 130 bucks gambling on them...I really thought they'd win by about 7 in a 28-21 kind of game. But they just got steamrolled, and now Fresno who looks good all of a sudden is coming to town. Hopefully the issues get figured out for your sake. 

Still, you're in a good position to win the west, and the NY6 isn't out of consideration yet, and you've got a good coach and a lot of talent on the roster. Shit could still end up OK for you. 

I don't know if anyone ever got back to you to apologize for that, but - Sorry 'bout that.  We really screwed the pooch last Saturday.  If you make it to the next home game, we'll comp you equal value in overpriced alcohol to mitigate your financial damages - it's the least we could do after that.  Better yet, we'll try to win the next few games. Overall - yeah, we underperformed like a mother+++++er last week (and Boise really stepped up, but this isn't about them).  Again, apologies.

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif

Indeed... CONGRATS to Boise's Win vs SDSU.  I did not get to watch it (i's at the CSU v UNR game).  As I posted last week, I's rooting for SDSU (for an undefeated regular season & high rank).  I predicted that BSU would win.  

It looks like a thorough beating.  Will that provide a little humility to our SDSU super-fans???  

Go MWC!!!