Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Jeff Tedford

Just now, IanforHeisman said:

Gotta give him props. He turned around an absolutely shitty team very fast. I thought he’d be a total dud and I was wrong.

he grabbed his coordinators from eastern michigan and the CFL, he was very clearly determined not to be just another retread.  

The effect of coaching is mindblowing.  Our defense is +++++ing flying to the ball. 

3 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Gotta give him props. He turned around an absolutely shitty team very fast. I thought he’d be a total dud and I was wrong.

And what's best is he has said repeatedly here is here to stay.   Should have a great 10 year run or so.   Just hope we can keep our coordinators. 

20 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Last years Fresno Team was one of the worst this conference has seen and we’ve seen some phukking turds. 

Maybe he’ll pull a first/second year TD and go ape shit with the previous coaches recruits.

He's got a lot more of his own guys playing major roles than TD did his first year, but he's given a lot of TD's players a new lease on life...i thought Mike Bell was going to languish on the bench forever but suddenly he's out there knocking heads and causing turnovers, and Jeffrey Allison is probably the best player on the team.

2 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

He's got a lot more of his own guys playing major roles than TD did his first year, but he's given a lot of TD's players a new lease on life...i thought Mike Bell was going to languish on the bench forever but suddenly he's out there knocking heads and causing turnovers, and Jeffrey Allison is probably the best player on the team.

Funny. When I'd listen to CPH call games last year, he was all over Juju and I could never figure out why. He never did much. Play maker waiting and just begging for coaching. 

It's OK to be happy, ROFL. We are Fresno State again my friend.

3 minutes ago, fearthefumanchu said:

Funny. When I'd listen to CPH call games last year, he was all over Juju and I could never figure out why. He never did much. Play maker waiting and just begging for coaching. 

It's OK to be happy, ROFL. We are Fresno State again my friend.

i will admit i was skeptical of juju at safety, thought he was a CB, but here we are 

1 minute ago, callen said:

I do wonder how long we keep Orlondo Steinhauer though. With the rapid improvement of the defense, he will surely be sought after.

i think we've got him for 2 years, the third is a toss-up, and he won't be here after 3. 

I still see the team dropping some unexpected games this year. We have pretty bad depth at certain positions, though the staff did as good of a job in correcting it in one offseason as you could expect. Still, I thought this was going to be a 2-3 win team. I'm surprised. 

1 minute ago, creeper86 said:

can't decipher your retort, but should Tedford have continued success, you are adamant he stays put?

Nothing is certain but I am pretty sure that Tedford's age is going to limit the amount of moving that he's willing to do going forward. 

12 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

age, yes, but only to a degree...if he has FS winning (bowl two years straight) then of course a year from now he'll be in the running for P5 jobs...he ain't 70...

he's not leaving CA.  i'd bet money on that.    that narrows the hell out of who'd hire him.