Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Brian Hill released by Falcons

On 10/15/2017 at 12:37 AM, Wyobraska said:

Man, it wouldn't have helped his draft stock any but I wish he was still playing in Laramie this year.  

I wish he was to.  Something tells me one of the reasons Brian chose to forego his senior season is that he knew just how bad the Cowboys passing game and how young the O line was going to be this year.  Not sure this wasn't on Josh Allen's mind to when he was pondering coming out after last season.  I knew the Pokes offense wasn't going to be all that great this season but I never imagined it would be this bad.  Today the Cowboys were plus 4 in turnover margin and still only managed to win by 5 points.

1 minute ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I wish he was to.  Something tells me one of the reasons Brian chose to forego his senior season is that he knew just how bad the Cowboys passing game and how young the O line was going to be this year.  Not sure this wasn't on Josh Allen's mind to when he was pondering coming out after last season.  I knew the Pokes offense wasn't going to be all that great this eason but I never imagined it would be this bad.  Today the Cowboys were plus 4 in turnover margin and only won the game by 5 points.

And at Iowa +2 and won TOP with nary a TD.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

9 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Man, it wouldn't have helped his draft stock any but I wish he was still playing in Laramie this year.  

Atlanta has a talented backfield, hopefully he can stick somewhere else.  

yeah, Atlanta had a good stable of running backs so was surprised and disappointed they drafted him.  I watched some of the pre season games and Hill didn't do much but in those games neither did anyone else on Falcons.  

On 10/15/2017 at 10:36 AM, poke em said:

I think Hill developed an attitude problem in the last few games at WYO that continued after he was drafted. 

Really?  I'm not saying he did or didn't but how do you know this?

Hill doesn't fit the offense run in the ATL, he needs to go to AZ or Balt. Hill and McNichols need to playing in the MWC right now. I understand RBs want to get the NFL ASAP so they can get that second contract since RBs have the shortest NFL career but BSU & Wyo would be better teams than they are right now.

On 10/15/2017 at 1:37 AM, Wyobraska said:

Atlanta has a talented backfield, hopefully he can stick somewhere else.  

I understand why RBs want to go early. CSU had the same problem with Dee Hart and Kapri Bibbs. They both had one amazing season in FTC and left to be undrafted free agents...

At least Hill got drafted, but I think the MWC could have been much better if all of these RBs had stayed to finish their eligibility. Man, I even wish Higgins had stayed. 

22 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Really?  I'm not saying he did or didn't but how do you know this?

I don't claim to know anything about it. Just his demeanor on the field last year, especially later in the season seemed to change.

GO POKES!!!

22 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

What a dumbshit. 

Seriously. 

What makes you say that? He was on the roster for 5 games, that's like 130 grand pro rated. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Also, sounds like he was injured and signed on the practice squad. Not a bad gig

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I think it just goes to show that one has to be a supremely talented athlete to come out of college early.  It's hard enough just to make an NFL roster let alone do it with one less year of growth/experience regardless of position.  Hill is a very talented RB and he may yet make it in the NFL.  However, coming out early and making the jump to the NFL from a G5 program and doing the same from a P5 program is different.  I love MWC football but face it the level of competiton isn't as high here as in the P5.  I think the odds are longer to make the transition.

This debate is senseless.  Brian Hill would not have made a single dollar more in his rookie contract had he stayed in college for another year (in fact he would have risked injury or not being drafted at all).  The analysis for running backs is not the same as other positions...running backs only have so many years/carries.  Brian Hill still has a chance to make a decent career out of the NFL (and will still be making more money this year than 98% of college graduates).

The only thing Brian Hill missed out on was a college degree which he can always go back for should he desire to do so.  

15 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

This debate is senseless.  Brian Hill would not have made a single dollar more in his rookie contract had he stayed in college for another year (in fact he would have risked injury or not being drafted at all).  The analysis for running backs is not the same as other positions...running backs only have so many years/carries.  Brian Hill still has a chance to make a decent career out of the NFL (and will still be making more money this year than 98% of college graduates).

The only thing Brian Hill missed out on was a college degree which he can always go back for should he desire to do so.  

Boom. This.