Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

I know I’m in the minority...

...but I would only fire Baer and not Cotton.

We have a clear identity on offense.  We are a physical, run first team.  We have improved on the line and increasing our rushing averages since Cotton arrived.  We had no offensive identity under Hauck, and we went through several coordinators.  I will readily admit that he needs to improve on play calling.  He also needs to improve the vertical passing game.  They cannot move the ball that well if the run game isn’t working.

The defense is another story.  I don’t know what our identity is on that side of the ball.  Baer doesn’t even know what they want to do.  They’ve alternated between the 3-4 and 4-3.  They are still talent deficient after three years.  I don’t feel like we’ve made any improvement on that side of the ball, as we still give up a lot of points and yards through both the air and ground.

The bottom line is that I don’t think it would be wise to fire Cotton when we have one of the better offenses in the conference, and his play calling is something that can be worked on.  There’s plenty to work with on that side of the ball, and it wouldn’t be smart to overhaul what we have.  The defense is another story and needs an entire overhaul.

This is the most ridiculous post you posted yet ever. You shouldn't post these type of post ever again.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

34 minutes ago, Warbow said:

This is the most ridiculous post you posted yet ever. You shouldn't post these type of post ever again.

:lol: 

4 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

How so?  If you have no reasons, then stfu.

Don’t take everything so serious.  Just lol at it.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I have a hard time telling people’s intentions.

You’ve been here 2 1/2 years. You should have this figured out by now 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I’m Caucasian.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Prior to this game, you may have had a point; however, It's very difficult to say the offense isn't the problem when we go for a short pass on 4th and long, and then take a shot at the end zone on 3rd and 7.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

10 hours ago, mugtang said:

You’ve been here 2 1/2 years. You should have this figured out by now 

And we all know he is on the spectrum.   

You can't do what God didn't put in.  It's like saying Mug should run a 4.8 forty when you have been training for years but the best you ever ran is 6.2.   

Sure he can get better and he is but no point in criticizing someone for something they never had in the first place.   Many of you have very high emotional IQ's and tend to take it for granted or assume everyone should see what's obvious to you. 

14 hours ago, ph90702 said:

How so?  If you have no reasons, then stfu.

I take that back, this is the ridiculous post ever for you. Let me take that back again, every new post you make is the most ridiculous ever. I expect the most ridiculous post reply soon. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

16 hours ago, ph90702 said:

...but I would only fire Baer and not Cotton.

We have a clear identity on offense.  We are a physical, run first team.  We have improved on the line and increasing our rushing averages since Cotton arrived.  We had no offensive identity under Hauck, and we went through several coordinators.  I will readily admit that he needs to improve on play calling.  He also needs to improve the vertical passing game.  They cannot move the ball that well if the run game isn’t working.

The defense is another story.  I don’t know what our identity is on that side of the ball.  Baer doesn’t even know what they want to do.  They’ve alternated between the 3-4 and 4-3.  They are still talent deficient after three years.  I don’t feel like we’ve made any improvement on that side of the ball, as we still give up a lot of points and yards through both the air and ground.

The bottom line is that I don’t think it would be wise to fire Cotton when we have one of the better offenses in the conference, and his play calling is something that can be worked on.  There’s plenty to work with on that side of the ball, and it wouldn’t be smart to overhaul what we have.  The defense is another story and needs an entire overhaul.

4 or 5 wins again this year will start the blow it up talk.  The staff is out coached too often

On 10/15/2017 at 11:52 AM, slappy said:

4 or 5 wins again this year will start the blow it up talk.  The staff is out coached too often

Starting with the head guy, he didn't have this team dialed in against...Howard. But if we got to keep Sanchez then we need to dump Baer, Cotton and get a new QB coach to help with the mechanics of Rogers and the passing game. 

Bring in Sonny Dykes to be the OC/Assistant Head Coach. Sanchez has to know Dykes pretty well from recruiting and NorCal ties.