Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

BSU @ SDSU Live game thread

13 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

He won't leave.  Cozart is a senior, right?

Yeah he is a senior in his last year of eligibility.

14 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I think it’s time Rypien rides pine. He might transfer since he has a redshirt year but best QB needs to play.

If Harsin has a brain and I am not sure he uses it all the time.  He will look at what he has on defense and special teams and realize all he needs to do to win out is run the ball, shorten the games for the defense and reduce the turnovers as much as possible.

That means Cozart plays.   

If Rypien plays the rest of the season BSU will lose 2 more games on his back, just like last year and the year before.   Rypen does not understand the most important function of a QB is to protect the ball.  Until he understands that, you can't have him in the game.

9 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Rypien was once the golden child bound for the NFL.. Not sure he can take the demotion. I hope he can.

No one outside the fans of BSU thought he had what it took to go to the NFL.  His first year he lost the New Mexico and Utah State games all by himself with 3 interceptions in each and several fumbles.

His second year he did the same thing in several games.  Everyone knows you stack the box against Rypien and if BSU passes you blitz one more then they have blockers.  The turnovers and bad decisions will flow.  It is a proven game plan over at least 7 games in his career.

Rypien has to change the way he makes decisions before he can be allowed to play again.

It has been evident to me since middle of last year, I cannot understand Harsin not seeing this.

32 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Boise has recruited very well on defense.. Still an extremely young defense as well. Most key players will be back next year. 

Curtis Weaver has a chance to be a first round pick if he keeps improving over the next few years. His size and speed is there. 

I pointed out in BSU's first game of the year that Weaver was a special talent.  That kid is fast and a beast.  BSU has some serious talent on that defense.  Some of it like Pierce are college talent and I don't think can transfer to the NFL but there is 5 future NFL players on that defense.

3 hours ago, sandiegopete said:

When you have little pussies on the offensive line it doesn't take much to just whip their ass so they cry for mama.  SDSU is going to be curb stomped by CSU.  That puts Fresno in the driver's seat.

Any team just has to stack the box and stop the run and they can easily beat the Aztecs. 

#1 you guys don't play CSU this year

#2 you won't see a rush defense the rest of the season like you saw tonight

1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

I pointed out in BSU's first game of the year that Weaver was a special talent.  That kid is fast and a beast.  BSU has some serious talent on that defense.  Some of it like Pierce are college talent and I don't think can transfer to the NFL but there is 5 future NFL players on that defense.

Yeah Pierce just doesn’t have the size but he’s a very smart player.. He might be able to pull a Donte Deayon and stick around the roster but that’s a few years away.

Weaver has everything you want in a DL. Trying to think of a former BSU player that he plays like but I can’t think of any.

6 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

He’s the 2 time 1st team QB.. He beat out one of the most legendary QB’s in history in Josh Hill.

After his true freshman year a lot of talking heads had him as a future draft pick.. Pretty clear at best he’ll be a serviceable college QB.

He was the worst QB in the league last year.  I don't care what honors he won.

1 minute ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yeah Pierce just doesn’t have the size but he’s a very smart player.. He might be able to pull a Donte Deayon and stick around the roster but that’s a few years away.

Weaver has everything you want in a DL. Trying to think of a former BSU player that he plays like but I can’t think of any.

Weaver reminds me of Marcus Koch.  A 280 lb guy who played 11 years in the NFL.   Long before you were born probably.

Koch was then best basketball player on campus, he beat the BSU 100 meter dash guy in a race, he played semi pro hockey for the Boise Blades.  He was a beast.

Just now, bluerules009 said:

Weaver reminds me of Marcus Koch.  A 280 lb guy who played 11 years in the NFL.   Long before you were born probably.

Koch was then best basketball player on campus, he beat the BSU 100 meter dash guy in a race, he played semi pro hockey for the Boise Blades.  He was a beast.

Yeah I’ve heard of him.. Won a super bowl with the Redskins I think. 

I was gonna say Tyrone Crawford but the more I thought about it they aren’t very similar other than big/strong/fast.

1 minute ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yeah I’ve heard of him.. Won a super bowl with the Redskins I think. 

I was gonna say Tyrone Crawford but the more I thought about it they aren’t very similar other than big/strong/fast.

Yeah he played mostly behind Charles Mann and Dexter Manley but he started for a couple years.

More like Demarcus Lawrence i would think.

That win on the road was impressive.

Cozart is the answer.

Let's see if Harsin starts Rypien again.  

Or is Harsin calling this a 2 QB system?  Start Rypien, put in Cozart to save the day.

A little tacky Harsin...  a little tacky...

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

Dave Southorn‏Verified account @davesouthorn 7h7 hours ago

Bless Rocky. He called it a "well-rounded loss."

Dave Southorn‏Verified account @davesouthorn 7h7 hours ago

Long on his special teams: "To this point we've been pretty good ... tonight, we were terrible." On his O-line: "terrible."

1 hour ago, GoCoAztec said:

It was a spanking -- yet we had more 10 more total yards and  almost 3 minutes more time of possession.  I'm bummed this morning, but I'm really hoping for a rematch in the championship game.

Go Aztecs!

3 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Congrats to BSU.  They had great play in the trenches, and they didn't make the mistakes.

We may be doing this again.  :cheers:

Don't let the venting of us Boise State fans make you guys think that we don't respect SDSU. I'm honestly still in a little bit of shock that the Broncos won last night and fully get it that if two key plays would have went the other way, the outcome would have been different.

Most of us are simply giving one particular SDSU poster his due ribbing for talking trash for a number of years. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg