Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackmormon

Manafort recieved 60 mil from Putin buddy.

Paul Manafort, a former campaign manager for President Donald Trump, has much stronger financial ties to a Russian oligarch than have been previously reported. 

An NBC News investigation reveals that $26 million changed hands in the form of a loan between a company linked to Manafort and the oligarch, Oleg Deripaska, a billionaire with close ties to the Kremlin. 

The loan brings the total of their known business dealings to around $60 million over the past decade, according to financial documents filed in Cyprus and the Cayman Islands...

Manafort’s spokesman, Jason Maloni, declined to give specific answers about the loans, but released a statement to NBC News saying, in part, "Mr. Manafort is not indebted to former clients today, nor was he at the time he began working for the Trump campaign.” 

He later revised the statement, removing that sentence entirely. It now reads: “Recent news reports indicate Mr. Manafort was under surveillance before he joined the campaign and after he left the campaign. He has called for the U.S. Government to release any intercepts involving him and non-Americans in hopes of finally putting an end to these wild conspiracy theories. Mr. Manafort did not collude with the Russian government.”...

Deripaska was described in a 2006 U.S. diplomatic cable as “among the 2-3 oligarchs Putin turns to on a regular basis.”...

Lawyers specializing in money laundering said the loans appeared unusual and merited further investigation. 

“Money launderers frequently will disguise payments as loans,” said Stefan Cassella, a former federal prosecutor. “You can call it a loan, you can call it Mary Jane. If there's no intent to repay it, then it's not really a loan. It's just a payment.”...

The legal filing states Deripaska transferred the money through yet another Cypriot company, and claims that Manafort wanted the investments structured as loans "so as to avoid the unnecessary occasioning of Cyprus taxation.” 

Highly placed government sources in Cyprus said that the island's police — following an official request by U.S. authorities this past summer — are still gathering evidence in this case and have yet to hand it over to American investigators.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/manafort-had-60m-relationship-russian-oligarch-n810541

This whole Russia nonsense is the liberal equivalent of the birther movement and email scandal.  There's nothing there.  It's political gamesplay.  If there is something there then I have serious concerns about the legitimacy of our "intelligence" community who has been digging into this now for almost a year and hasn't come up with anything concrete.  It's time to stop searching for excuses as to why liberals lost the election and move on to something productive.

v0icAvfW.jpg

11 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

This whole Russia nonsense is the liberal equivalent of the birther movement and email scandal.  There's nothing there.  It's political gamesplay.  If there is something there then I have serious concerns about the legitimacy of our "intelligence" community who has been digging into this now for almost a year and hasn't come up with anything concrete.  It's time to stop searching for excuses as to why liberals lost the election and move on to something productive.

There's infinitely more evidence and/or smoking guns with this than there was with the asinine birther shit. 

Guest RoscoesDad
18 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

You sound extremely desperate.  Tell us, what do you know that Mueller doesn't know that makes you think he and his investigation is simply wasting their time over nothing?  Have you been involved with the investigation personally?  No?  I mean you must have SOMETHING that Mueller doesn't know about to be so sure.  Please share.

Just now, RoscoesDad said:

You sound extremely desperate.  Tell us, what do you know that Mueller doesn't know that makes you think he and his investigation is simply wasting their time over nothing?  Have you been involved with the investigation personally?  No?  I mean you must have SOMETHING that Mueller doesn't know about to be so sure.  Please share.

LOL, I'm desperate?  I'm not clinging to some fairytale excuse for why Clinton lost the election.  Try again.

v0icAvfW.jpg

3 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

If Mueller knows something or had any semblance of a case against Trump it would've come to light by now.  They've been investigating this nonsense for almost a year now.  If something was there they would've found it by now.  It's not there, time to find the next excuse for an embarrassing loss to one of the worst presidential candidates in the history of this country.

v0icAvfW.jpg

Just now, NorCalCoug said:

Doesn't matter.  Both are stupid.  The evidence isn't there or something would have happened by now.  

Investigations take time. The birther shit had no evidence or standing to begin with. There's plenty of smoke to go around with this. I'm not saying that the investigation is going to come up with anything, but Mueller has only been on it for five months. Over two years elapsed between the initial Watergate break-in, and impeachment proceedings beginning against Nixon.

3 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

LOL, I'm desperate?  I'm not clinging to some fairytale excuse for why Clinton lost the election.  Try again.

Do you really think that's what this is about? If that's the case, then you're even more clueless than I originally. Anyone with half a brain knows why Hillary lost the election.

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

If Mueller knows something or had any semblance of a case against Trump it would've come to light by now.  They've been investigating this nonsense for almost a year now.  If something was there they would've found it by now.  It's not there, time to find the next excuse for an embarrassing loss to one of the worst presidential candidates in the history of this country.

Mueller was appointed to run this investigation five months ago, not over a year ago. 

15 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

The investigation didn't start with Mueller's appointment.  He didn't step into a blank slate on this.

No, but it didn't really begin in earnest until Mueller took it over. He had building blocks, but he had to build his investigative team, and then actually start the thing up from where it had been left off.

Again, Watergate took over two years to fully investigate, but you think that if nothing has been released in five months, then there's nothing there at all. Oh, and Trump hadn't even been elected a year ago. The bulk of this stuff kicked off with Flynn in January.