Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Are Jehovah's Witness NFL Players Required to Stand?

....on a related note...shouldn't all employers get together and mandate a pledge of allegiance and a national anthem salute prior to the start the day?  What a great show of patriotism and respect for the military that would be!  

Posted Image

23 minutes ago, Akkula said:

....on a related note...shouldn't all employers get together and mandate a pledge of allegiance and a national anthem salute prior to the start the day?  What a great show of patriotism and respect for the military that would be!  

Good point!

On another related note, how would the guy featured in your profile photo handle this situation?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Good point!

On another related note, how would the guy featured in your profile photo handle this situation?

...displaying Lenin is my "symbolic kneel" to the folks who like to call moderates like me communists.   I am sure everyone was standing at attention for the anthem every day before work in the USSR!

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, Akkula said:

...displaying Lenin is my "symbolic kneel" to the folks who like to call moderates like me communists.   I am sure everyone was standing at attention for the anthem every day before work in the USSR!

Moderates like you! Haha, thanks man. I needed that laugh today!

:rotflmfao:

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

I just don’t understand how the anthem turned into troops, and how troops turned into white troops..

Is called changing the narrative to take advantage if you do not like the message. Everyone does it.

Had a great conversation with a Marine Corps veteran friend of mine this morning. He's center right, I'm center left, always enjoy hearing his take on things. About the protests during the anthem he said this:

"I get why they are protesting. I don't 100% agree with it, but I get it. I think we're getting way too caught up in the things that divide us right now. We're all Americans. What makes us great is that we can disagree with each other and still be Americans. More importantly, we can disagree with our government and be even more American. I stand for the anthem before the game. They take a knee. I'm not crazy about it but I just focus on what the flag and the anthem mean to me and not on them. It's over in about 90 seconds. Then I get to enjoy watching a football game, and that's something we all enjoy."

Great letter from Nate Boyer:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-green-beret-nate-boyer-writes-open-letter-to-trump-kaepernick-nfl-every-single-american/

"I believe that progress and real change happens in this world when you reach across the divide, you build a bridge, you swallow your pride, you open your mind, you embrace what you don't understand, and ultimately you surrender."

"So please, no more lines in the sand, not at home, not among our people. No more choosing sides, no more "for or against." I believe our Veterans will be called upon to lead the way in healing the world and solving its problems; right now our country needs that more than I can remember. So I'll be here, standing in the radical middle, doing what I can to continue fighting for those that can't fight for themselves. Let's get this thing fixed together, you and me. I love you all with all my heart."

De Oppresso Liber

-- Nate Boyer

9 hours ago, Akkula said:

See this is the problem little fascists like you don't understand.

No one is required to stand.  Even if the NFL requires there players to stand, no one is required to stand.  It is not required that you play in the NFL.

Freedoms have responsibilities and consequences.

NFL players may have to stand to get that big paycheck.  A player who won't stand may be worth less or unemployable.

NFL owners may have to let players kneel to keep them working for them.   An owner who lets his players kneel may sell fewer tickets.

8 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

See this is the problem little fascists like you don't understand.

No one is required to stand.  Even if the NFL requires there players to stand, no one is required to stand.  It is not required that you play in the NFL.

Freedoms have responsibilities and consequences.

NFL players may have to stand to get that big paycheck.  A player who won't stand may be worth less or unemployable.

NFL owners may have to let players kneel to keep them working for them.   An owner who lets his players kneel may sell fewer tickets.

Let me put this in terms you can understand...what if the owners made them say:

"I pledge allegiance...to Sharia Law...of the United States of Blacky Muslim-Stan...and to the Asians who built the great wall...one Nation...Worshipping the Dali Lama..with satanic rituals for all"

Posted Image

4 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Let me put this in terms you can understand...what if the owners made them say:

"I pledge allegiance...to Sharia Law...of the United States of Blacky Muslim-Stan...and to the Asians who built the great wall...one Nation...Worshipping the Dali Lama..with satanic rituals for all"

Then if they want to play in the NFL they should say it.

Or they can start their own football league and force the players to worship bananas if they want.

1 minute ago, Akkula said:

How about..."you can't take a shower for the season"..."don't want you to wash off the winning essence."?

You have the freedom to quit anytime you find that an employer is making unreasonable demands.

Freedom is simple, you just have to remember both sides get it.  Not just the fascist ruling class.

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

You have the freedom to quit anytime you find that an employer is making unreasonable demands.

Freedom is simple, you just have to remember both sides get it.  Not just the fascist ruling class.

So you believe that an employer can ask you to do anything they want you to do that is outside the scope of your job and you have to obey as long as it isn't illegal? 

Posted Image

6 minutes ago, Akkula said:

So you believe that an employer can ask you to do anything they want you to do that is outside the scope of your job and you have to obey as long as it isn't illegal? 

Yes, I believe if you agree to work for an employer that the employer gets to tell you how to do the work.  If you are an entertainer, visible to the public, that is going to include presenting yourself to the public in a manner that reflects well on the employer.

You have the freedom to quit if you don't like it.