Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old_SD_Dude

OT: Y.A. Tittle Dies

No doubt I'll get old man smack for posting this, but I thought Y.A. Tittle's passing at 90 warranted a mention, if for no other reason than this iconic photo that was taken in his final season after taking a crushing sack that left him with a concussion and cracked ribs and sternum. He had virtually all the career passing records when he retired in '64. He still shares the record for most TD passes (7) in a game. 

IMG_1081.JPG

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

52 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

No doubt I'll get old man smack for posting this, but I thought Y.A. Tittle's passing at 90 warranted a mention, if for no other reason than this iconic photo that was taken in his final season after taking a crushing sack that left him with a concussion and cracked ribs and sternum. He had virtually all the career passing records when he retired in '64. He still shares the record for most TD passes (7) in a game. 

IMG_1081.JPG

I know he was a sophomore in HS when you graduated HS....iconic player no doubt....RIP Tittle.....

1 hour ago, creeper86 said:

I know he was a sophomore in HS when you graduated HS....iconic player no doubt....RIP Tittle.....

I was 6 when the photo was taken, but it made an impression. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

5 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

IMG_1081.JPG

Definitely it warrants a mention. He was tough as nails and helped the NFL grow into the most popular sport in America. When you speak of great QBs of that era Y. A. is right there in the mix. Sad day for Giants fans as they lose their top 2 WRs the same day Y. A. passes.

Y.A. was a guest and speaker at one of our Quarterback Club dinner meetings.  He had quite a few stories and a great sense of humor. Everyone at that event received an autographed copy of that iconic foto with personalized comments.  Mine is framed and hanging in my office.  He and, especially. his son were supporters of Spartan football.