Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

7% of adults in the USA think chocolate milk comes from brown cows.

And about 40% think Hillary won the election.....

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

3 hours ago, 406WarriorFan said:

40 % of people in the US believe the Earth is less than 10,000 years old.

Lots of people in the US believe the Earth is flat.

There are just a lot of idiots in the US. 

I'm pretty sure just the flat part is less than 10,000 yrs old

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

I bet people think Cows can write.

CFA3.png

hmhb might write a long and involved post about how cows can write without fingers or the all important opposable thumb.  Phonetic writing, self awareness and a decidedly racist hatred for Chickens...er, chikins.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

52 minutes ago, nirv117 said:

Chocolate milk comes from Brown Swiss cows.

White milk from Holsteins

Cream comes from Jersey cows

Strawberry Milk comes from Guernsey cows

Muscle milk from angus?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 10/9/2017 at 1:44 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Thank you.  This is something I am passionate about.  Let us explore this together further.

From Galileo Was Wrong:

"If we are on a rotating Earth with air subject only to gravity (i.e., the atmosphere is not coupled or bound by any forces to turn with the Earth), then we would experience tremendous wind problems, in which the spinning Earth encounters the full weight of the atmosphere. (NB: The atmosphere weighs more than 4 million billion tons.) 

Conversely, if we are on a rotating Earth and somehow this atmosphere is turning with us, what is the coupling mechanism that enables it to do so? It must have some link to provide the torque to continue the coordinated rotation of the Earth with its wrapper of air. Would not a co-turning atmosphere and Earth mean nothing else could move the air? Otherwise, is not the air was acting as a solid, not a gas? No one has proposed a mechanism for this connection of the supposedly spinning Earth to the supposedly spinning air that is so strong that the atmosphere is forced to spin along with Earth, though otherwise it is free to move anywhere that gravity permits! We easily demonstrate the air’s freedom every time we walk through it or breathe it. Yet, we are told, the air obediently follows the Earth as it twirls through the heavens."

No scientist has been able to explain, so far, how friction would work even for the first hundred meters of the supposed rotating atmosphere.

Remember, that the strength of friction lessens as the altitude increases, that is, FRICTION IS INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL TO ALTITUDE.

For the atmosphere to rotate along with the Earth, at the same speed, we need A NEW FORCE, a lateral gravitational force, which must be DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL TO ALTITUDE, in order for the upper layers to rotate along also.

In the RE model, from the very start, the Earth would be turning in a free roaming gaseous envelope (the atmosphere).

Friction would work only very near the surface, where the "pull" would be strongest; further away from the Earth this force would logically become weaker and weaker, as would the movement of the gaseous envelope surrounding the Earth.

Inversely proportional: the higher the altitude, the weaker the friction.

Now, the proof that friction cannot possibly be responsible for moving the rotating layers of the atmosphere, at the same speed as that of a rotating Earth.

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guides/mtr/fw/bndy.rxml (University of Illinois, Physics of the Atmosphere)

Friction's effects on air motion decrease as the altitude increases -- to a point (usually 1-2 km) where it has no effect at all. The depth of the atmosphere that friction does play a role in atmospheric motion is referred to as the boundary layer. 

If the World rotates, then its atmosphere must rotate, because we do not experience lethal windspeeds as a function of latitude. In this case, a restoring force is necessary to explain periods of local atmospheric calm. This field would have an effect on all material objects and would seriously restrict our daily motion in all but an eastwardly direction.

If the World does not rotate, then its atmosphere cannot rotate, and successive periods of local calm are caused in this case simply by decreasing kinetic energy (and linear momentum) of the air molecules as the magnitudes of their velocities are reduced by collisions. This requires the absence of any rotational field and also the absence of even a non-rotating vector field (which would make itself apparent via atmospheric damping).

If the World rotates, then its atmosphere must rotate, because we do not experience lethal windspeeds as a function of latitude. In this case, a restoring force is necessary to explain periods of local atmospheric calm. This field would have an effect on all material objects and would seriously restrict our daily motion in all but an eastwardly direction.

If the World does not rotate, then its atmosphere cannot rotate, and successive periods of local calm are caused in this case simply by decreasing kinetic energy (and linear momentum) of the air molecules as the magnitudes of their velocities are reduced by collisions. This requires the absence of any rotational field and also the absence of even a non-rotating vector field (which would make itself apparent via atmospheric damping).

Unlike the field of gravity, there exists no evidence to support the idea of a restoring vector field.

Since there is no restoring field, the world and its associated atmosphere cannot be rotating about an axis.

Please tell me you're just trolling with this flat-earth shit.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Am I?  That is for you to decide.  Take the red pill TSD.

Hmmm... maybe fly an RTW ticket like I have more than a dozen times?

Or even fly overseas just once... Fly 15.5 hrs westbound from SFO to SIN, leaving at 1130 local time and arriving at 1800 local time, and the sun never sets. Fly the 14.5 hour eastbound leg, leaving at 0600 local time and arriving at 0930 local time and you get to see the sun rise twice. Imagine that.

Then again, maybe it was all just a 'faked' conspiracy by Big Airline. :blink:

I remember in my 20s when I read several books that spoke to how prophetic Nostrdamus was. Then I was 'liberated' by reading just one book that provided a perfectly reasonable historical context for each quatrain of note, and I realized that the number of books I had read didn't mean shit given the poor and easily refutable information they contained.

Sometimes, when someone is pushing the red pill so hard, it just means they're in need of rehab.

6 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Hmmm... maybe fly an RTW ticket like I have more than a dozen times?

Or even fly overseas just once... Fly 15.5 hrs westbound from SFO to SIN, leaving at 1130 local time and arriving at 1800 local time, and the sun never sets. Fly the 14.5 hour eastbound leg, leaving at 0600 local time and arriving at 0930 local time and you get to see the sun rise twice. Imagine that.

Then again, maybe it was all just a 'faked' conspiracy by Big Airline. :blink:

I remember in my 20s when I read several books that spoke to how prophetic Nostrdamus was. Then I was 'liberated' by reading just one book that provided a perfectly reasonable historical context for each quatrain of note, and I realized that the number of books I had read didn't mean shit given the poor and easily refutable information they contained.

Sometimes, when someone is pushing the red pill so hard, it just means they're in need of rehab.

The fact you are are you sure if I am trolling or not has made my morning.  Thank you TSD, I needed this today.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The fact you are are you sure if I am trolling or not has made my morning.  Thank you TSD, I needed this today.

Happy to oblige. Frankly, you're way too smart to seriously buy into this shit... at least that's what I choose to believe. <_<

On 10/9/2017 at 12:54 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This is complete BS. Next you're going to tell me that Santa and the tooth fairy are not real also. 

This is fake news. I've seen chocolate milk cows