Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WyomingCoog

NFL is losing the anthem battle....

12 hours ago, edluvar said:

I guess I don't get why people want to force others to do things as silly as standing for the flag.  Do these people really just want a bunch of sheep doing whatever they are told?   I wouldn't want a bunch of people just going through the motions but I guess football isn't the only thing that's reserved for onSundays.  

I used to not care about stuff like this.  But now I do!  In this case I see it as a huge slap in the face to the entire country.  The US is still among the best places in the world and people have among the most opportunities.  So instead of being sympathetic to their cause, I know could care less about their cause of social injustice at all.  F Them! 

Also make Colin Kaepernick an NFL employee in charge of diversity and racial awareness who will be in charge of putting together awareness programs for each game. If they won't hire him as a QB, give him a real platform for his cause.

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

I used to not care about stuff like this.  But now I do!  In this case I see it as a huge slap in the face to the entire country.  The US is still among the best places in the world and people have among the most opportunities.  So instead of being sympathetic to their cause, I know could care less about their cause of social injustice at all.  F Them! 

Wow. "America is nice for me so f*ck anyone who thinks it could be improved". 

Damn dude. You sound like a piece of shit. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, pokerider said:

Which shade of people?

I think what is being said is that while things may have gotten better, they've largely stalled if not slightly regressed. We still have a long way to go in this country to root out systemic racism.

Just now, happycamper said:

Wow. "America is nice for me so f*ck anyone who thinks it could be improved". 

Damn dude. You sound like a piece of shit. 

FU  A-0
Telling everyone this country is SH!T is certainly not the way to say it needs improvement.    And Liberals are the biggest hypocrites on the planet, they sit there and say nothing or do nothing about black on black crime but they don't hesitate to rail against the police in instance.  

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

FU  A-0
Telling everyone this country is SH!T is certainly not the way to say it needs improvement.    And Liberals are the biggest hypocrites on the planet, they sit there and say nothing or do nothing about black on black crime but they don't hesitate to rail against the police in instance.  

A rich white guy tells everyone the country is shit elect him president, a rich black guy tells people the country is shit(which isn't what they are saying but sticking with the theme) +++++ him, what right does he have to say that.

3 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Which shade of people?

I think what is being said is that while things may have gotten better, they've largely stalled if not slightly regressed. We still have a long way to go in this country to root out systemic racism.

you mean like a Black person being elected President?  Who the fck you think elected him?  You think Blacks primarily did that?  
I work with many black guys at my company and by and large they've done just as well as most whites.  There's still a lot of improvement to be made in the entire country,  the biggest problems are in the large inner cities that are completely under liberal control where they allow gangs and crime and drugs to flourish.  

5 minutes ago, pokerider said:

FU  A-0

What should liberals do about "black on black crime" outside of upholding the laws? What is not being done that you think should be done?

4 minutes ago, pokerider said:

FU  A-0

Where did they say "the country is shit?"

They said "hey, we'd like it if we could have some improvement in the policing of black people in this country". There's been a hell of a lot of dialogue between players and local PDs (see Brandon Marshall). 

Your response is "I don't like the fact that you aren't doing something that is completely voluntary so f*ck your life experience and your hometown"?

Yeah. That makes you sound like a piece of shit. You can hate their method of protest but having zero empathy for others whose communities, statistically, are worse than yours on average is shitty. 

1 minute ago, tspoke said:

A rich white guy tells everyone the country is shit elect him president, a rich black guy tells people the country is shit(which isn't what they are saying but sticking with the theme) +++++ him, what right does he have to say that.

Yeah and that rears its ugly head too. 

Trump - We're losing to China, we're losers, Chicago is worse than Iraq!!!!

response - MAGA!!!

Kap - Maybe less people should be shot by police!!!!

response - boycott the NFL

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, pokerider said:

you mean like a Black person being elected President?  Who the fck you think elected him?  You think Blacks primarily did that?  
I work with many black guys at my company and by and large they've done just as well as most whites.  There's still a lot of improvement to be made in the entire country,  the biggest problems are in the large inner cities that are completely under liberal control where they allow gangs and crime and drugs to flourish.  

The do? Have you ever seen a prison?

2 minutes ago, pokerider said:

What do you do? Please tell me it has nothing to do with math or statistics. 

Also, you realize that it was redlining and blockbusting that created those "inner city" conditions, right?

5 minutes ago, pokerider said:

FU  A-0

We need to understand a difference.  They didn't say this country is sh!t.  Because of the method they chose to protest, some heard it that way, but that wasn't their intent.  And I think you know that.  Their message was misinterpreted and one could even argue that it was hijacked.

As I've been saying, the players and the NFL need to apologize for offending some of their fans and bring greater clarity to their message.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

We need to understand a difference.  They didn't say this country is sh!t.  Because of the method they chose to protest, some heard it that way, but that wasn't their intent.  And I think you know that.  Their message was misinterpreted and one could even argue that it was hijacked.

As I've been saying, the players and the NFL need to apologize for offending some of their fans and bring greater clarity to their message.

It would also cut the legs off of a lot of the radio/tv personalities who have been fanning flames that weren't there in the first place. 

At this point, they don't need to kneel any more. They have EVERYONE'S attention. As said earlier, a pregame or halftime interview, a little 30 for 30 at the beginning or end of the game and their message can be transmitted clearly and unambiguously. 

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I think the bigger issue in this is the NFL isn't really behind the cause. They are just giving lip service to the players. Kaep still doesn't have a job. If the NFL were really on board with this cause, he'd be playing backup somewhere, IMO.

The NFL owners are walking the tightrope on this. All that is serving to do is anger both sides. One way or the other, they will need to take a side. Anger the fans or anger the players.

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Where did they say "the country is shit?"

They said "hey, we'd like it if we could have some improvement in the policing of black people in this country". There's been a hell of a lot of dialogue between players and local PDs (see Brandon Marshall). 

Your response is "I don't like the fact that you aren't doing something that is completely voluntary so f*ck your life experience and your hometown"?

Yeah. That makes you sound like a piece of shit. You can hate their method of protest but having zero empathy for others whose communities, statistically, are worse than yours on average is shitty. 

Yeah and that rears its ugly head too. 

Trump - We're losing to China, we're losers, Chicago is worse than Iraq!!!!

response - MAGA!!!

Kap - Maybe less people should be shot by police!!!!

response - boycott the NFL

Brandon Marshall was proven to be a big lying POS.   He lied about an police incident in Miami.  

You bring up China?  Economically China is beating the crap out of us, their stealing our technology as well as jobs.  So you think kneeling and disrespecting the flag and anthem is the answer there?  OR recognizing the issue and working to do something about it! 
Do you not see the number of murders and just shootings in Chicago?  It is a war zone.  Trump does not command the police force of Chicago does he.  
 64 Police officers were killed last year.  in 2015 Police killed 990 people 948 people were male, 494 were white and 258 were black.   That is a higher percentage of blacks.  But except in perhaps a very few circumstances, most of these killings had nothing to do with race.   
Now Chicago, JUST CHICAGO, had 762 murders in 2016.   So you tell me what is the bigger issue here?