Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WyomingCoog

NFL is losing the anthem battle....

Now this WOULD be a flagrant violation if the 1st amendment. Trump threatening to alter taxation if players continue to kneel. That would be clear cut attempt at government intimidation of free speech.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nfl-anthem/nfl-owners-to-mull-anthem-rules-as-trump-ups-protest-criticism-idUSKBN1CF15W

One of the Final Five..........

12 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

No. I was trying to find you and creeper at a laundromat/donut shop/nail salon owner convention and I was reading the names off a list. That's hard. You all look alike .

I wasn't there. Creeper and I don't get along. Were your papers the map to his mystical mini-mansion on the mini-golf course? Were you headed there to jam on your ukulele in defiance of the government and sanity with the unfunny Yosemite Sam? 

I guess you could just be in Lusk too. Probably lease papers to the local trailer park. 

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

If you can get past the WSJ paywall, this is an article about California's eroded support for the NFL. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/californias-breakup-with-the-nfl-1507650531?tesla=y

If you can't get past it, let me know, and I'll copy/paste it. Good article. 

Should have never moved the Chargers to LA, should have never moved the 9ers further away from the city with a stadium that no one can afford to get into. But hey, at least they have a "tech-savvy" stadium!

9 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Yes. It was a dumb move all the way around. All of it. Even the Raiders moving was idiotic. But free public money is like smack to those people. 

SD never made any sense, because no one really wanted them to move. Alex Spanos' massive ego put a halt to those ambitions, though. 

Trump is anti football, just look what he did with the usfl.   After not bashing the nazi flag when he had a chance I could really care less what he says about flags.   Anyway the NFL is still vastly more popular than our president.   

Posted Image

On 10/9/2017 at 2:09 PM, Boise fan said:

You're right - we should stop politicizing sporting events.  So you should lead the charge and start a petition to ban the national anthem being played and the flag being waved at all sporting events.

After all, doing so is the first and most obvious form of politicizing these sporting events, right?

The US government pays for these "patriotic displays" with tax money.   

Posted Image

Just now, edluvar said:

The US government pays for these "patriotic displays" with tax money.   

Would you elaborate please?  Not sure I'm following your line of thought.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

14 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

haven't the NFL players gone on strike before?

14 hours ago, mysfit said:

Yes

They've also been locked out

Man, it would be so awesome if that happened again! The last time was hilarious; they'd have me back as a viewer.

16 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Who would have thought that in America's divorce the left would end up with custody of football?

Well, at least the Trumpers are paying child support.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

36 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Man, it would be so awesome if that happened again! The last time was hilarious; they'd have me back as a viewer.

I'm not sure this has really gotten to be something between the players, coaches and owners.  I think they've been pretty much on the same sideline.  I think the best outcome for the NFL is if they can band together and show unity for the cause, for America, for their fans, etc.  Be the group that takes the highroad.  Their fans will eat it up, which is what the NFL should want.  The players can wear stickers on their helmets or logos on their jerseys for the racial equality cause and stand up for America.  Trump is trying to make this a one or the other proposition.  It can and should be both, right?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I'm not sure this has really gotten to be something between the players, coaches and owners.  I think they've been pretty much on the same sideline.  I think the best outcome for the NFL is if they can band together and show unity for the cause, for America, for their fans, etc.  Be the group that takes the highroad.  Their fans will eat it up, which is what the NFL should want.  The players can wear stickers on their helmets or logos on their jerseys for the racial equality cause and stand up for America.  Trump is trying to make this a one or the other proposition.  It can and should be both, right?

I'm not entirely sure that the fans who are taking issue with this (or making an issue out of this) would support the players taking a stand on racial equality. They have already perverted the protest away from that into something about patriotism.

I don't know what the answer is, but people seem to be too emotional on the issue and are engaged in their own echo chamber on the subject, reality be damned. Just another microcosm of America today. Now that the issue has crept into the holy of holy American sports are people angry about it.

b13047df16f0d84bee8a0fa2c6da9e1c--politi