Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAMification

SDSU vs BSU Big Game!!! Ur predicted Winner, who u will root for, and why???

On 10/8/2017 at 9:43 PM, bluerules009 said:

The only chance SDSU has is Rypien.

If Rypien doesn't throw SDSU a TD and 3+ turnovers, BSU will win.

If BSU starts the backup QB they win easily in a close game.

Told you so.

On 10/8/2017 at 9:47 PM, slappy said:

They are better top to bottom including coaching.  Not a chance Boise wins this game.  

You are as clueless about football as you are about life.

On 10/8/2017 at 11:01 PM, badfish said:

You're trying to troll really hard, and I appreciate it, cuz it shows your lack of confidence in this game. As for recruiting, yea, BSU has beaten SDSU for SD locals recently. That's less about Boise than it is about SDSU. We always have a harder time w/ locals than anywhere else in SoCal. We were an afterthought in SD for 56 years. Kids want a new environment and real "college experience". Look at Wazzu, they always have double digit SD kids, regardless if they suck. As for 2017, we have recruited SD MUCH better. Once the stadium issue is resolved, hopefully before Nov 2018, then that'll definitely help lock up locals. I dont really care for any of the locals you've gotten from us recently either. Glad w/ who we got in their place.

On 10/10/2017 at 3:15 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

I'm not all that assured that the Aztecs will beat BSU, but the most important game this year was Stanford. 

Now since you aren't going to win your conference and you can't get a worthwhile bowl invite.   I think it is pretty obvious which game is more important.

On 10/10/2017 at 10:04 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Wait, what? Did I miss Petersen being rehired at BSU? 

No, but it is pretty obvious you went for seconds on stupid, and never recieved your allotment of brain cells.

On 10/10/2017 at 10:46 PM, HighNTight_SD said:

Entertaining thread.

Emotions will be running high to start the game as both teams see the game as consequential. The refs will probably call it tight in the beginning, and I expect quite a few momentum killing calls in the first half. The Aztecs run game will start slow as each line tries to establish dominance. Boise will try to jump out to an early lead using the pass. I expect a low scoring first half.

Time of possession will favor the Aztecs and that will begin to take a toll on the Broncos in the second half. The pressure to score will get to Boise and they will begin to force passes into tight coverage leading to interceptions. The Aztecs will not be distracted from the game plan and will continue to mix the run and pass to great effect in the second half.

Aztecs will probably continue to produce their average 34-40 pts per game as we improve upon our run/pass balance. The Broncos will score in the neighborhood of 18-24 as they are reintroduced to the Aztecs 3-3-5. Both teams are young and error prone, but the difference will be each teams QBs under pressure. Another factor will be special teams play and the field position battle.

Final Score:

Boise St. 20

San Diego St. 34  

You know nothing about politics or football.

Well, can't even say it was a good game. Defense played well, but hard to get out of a 14 point hole and an offense that can't do much. Great game Boise, except for the Boise fan who threw a bottle and hit a Boise family near me, real classy. I don't see how we'd beat them again if we played in the CCG.

2 hours ago, BroncoOrange said:

You know you've done fcked up when blues rools starts running around throwing it back in your face.

More like... you know you've done +++++ed up when he's not resorting to HA HA HA HA HA HA HA after his post.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

As it runs out, Troy is decent, Virginia is better than expected, SDSU isn't as good as their OOC would indicate and the Boise State coaching staff can 1) whip up a pretty good defensive gameplan, and 2) get in-season progress from what was a terrible O-Line. (still not great, but decent in pass pro and not totally blowing assignments as they were earlier in the season).

I think it was a terrible matchup for SDSU (once BSU stuffed the run) and don't expect Boise State to have the same ease against really anybody left on the schedule.  

Boise State offense is still lackluster and I don't think the D will be nearly as dominant against others as I think those remaining teams teams can still operate without a running game.

There's nothing really surprising what happened in the game if you've been following Aztec football since last year. In the spring game the offense of line couldn't block anybody. Rocky readily admit that there would be some really bad games early with the offensive line that he hoped that they would be pretty good by midseason.

However midseason is here and they've improved some but with ankle injuries and other such things they are the obvious Achilles' heel of this team. I would have preferred that Rocky went and got some junior-college linemen on offense or some transfers. But he was pretty determined to go with what he had he felt rebuilding season. I'm sure he felt that he was going to win the West and then need have a shot at the title again.

For San Diego state's offense to work it has to have dominating offensive line if it doesn't it just doesn't work. Now I think the line will do okay against the rest of the teams on the schedule not great but okay.. As for recruiting we get some guys that Boise wants, Boise get some guys that we want and the same story with Colorado State. The Aztecs has some huge young talented kids in the freshman class on the line. Although be able to run block but somebody needs to improve their pass blocking.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

Congrats to Boise. A game like that goes a long way in demonstrating why CFB is such an enigma. A dominating performance on both sides of LOS. Now my team will find out who they are . Surely surprising Fresno will try to match Boises def scheme . 

11 hours ago, DesVandal said:

More like... you know you've done +++++ed up when he's not resorting to HA HA HA HA HA HA HA after his post.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Just like Trump you are never tired of winning are you!  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! H A! H A! HA! HA! HA!

You would think after all the times I have schooled you, you would realize I am always right.

On 10/13/2017 at 2:48 PM, k5james said:

Huh?  Are you guys all so willfully dense?

I was talking about people that just know of the brand and see you guys at +7.5.  Watch as the spread creeps down until tomorrow and then the smart money comes in heavy on SDSU late.

Dang, you were just wrong about absolutely everything, weren't you? 

On 10/8/2017 at 6:23 PM, LoboMan59 said:

Let’s go Boise State, this is your time to shine! You have the better QB, and a better defense. This one will be close and low scoring... 24-17, BSU.

So, I was just a little bit off my prediction, but yeah... from here on out, BSU will steamroll their way to a post season bowl game. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."