Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAMification

SDSU vs BSU Big Game!!! Ur predicted Winner, who u will root for, and why???

2 minutes ago, mysfit said:

We're going to get our azzes kicked....

Not if Rypien can locate his passes in the seam and sideline deep and you guys can run the ball decent. That's the formula...that and don't turn it over because we tend to score off t/o's.

5 minutes ago, badfish said:

This is the circled game on the calendar. Super bowl? No. Stanford gave us so much more respect and notarity than this one would, our guys just don't like Boise.

That was a TIC, but he did say that.

1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

Not if Rypien can locate his passes in the seam and sideline deep and you guys can run the ball decent. That's the formula...that and don't turn it over because we tend to score off t/o's.

Like I said, we're going to get our azzes kickef.

One of the Final Five..........

19 minutes ago, badfish said:

I meant the part of comparing defensive stats vs you and vs the rest of their opponents. Seems pretty even on scores. WSU lights everyone up (besides last night) and BYU offense is offensive.

Someone compared the stats. I think Boise is holding their opponents to about 76 yards under average. The points is misleading as a "defensive" stat because the Boise offense has given up 3 TDs and Wazzu scored 16 points after regulation... because the offense had given 2 TDs in regulation. The actual "defense" is holding teams to quite a bit less than their average.

SDSU is better defensively when compared to their opponents, but both teams are good in that area. On the other side of the ball, Boise is gaining more than their opponents yield while SDSU actually gains less than their opponents yield. It's all in this thread.

6 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Penny says that about every game. Even when we play dregs. He's a really good kid, always respectful.

I'm sure you could provide one link of him calling another team their Super Bowl if he does it all the time, yes?

IMHO, this is a huge game for SDSU.  Win it & it legitimizes your rankings & National perception.  Lose it and it hurts the National reputation the Aztecs have earned to date... like wise the reputation of the MWC and it's being able to produce great Champions.

Nonsense they won the last two championships beat the hell out of Houston and ended up ranked top 25. A loss to Boise will mean little except a fall from the rankings for a few games. "Lose it and it hurts the National reputation the Aztecs have earned to date" seriously after we got blown out by CSU last year,you think one game  negates everything else. SDSU has established itself along with Boise as ole of premier teams in this league which means squat to National football writers. 

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

39 minutes ago, steveem said:

I am going to take wild guess and say it is the Samoan kid that 'Got into a fight"

Since Boise has several Samoans I'm assuming you mean David Moa who was arrested just a month ago?

Boom goes the dynamite.

Steve, pretty sure the Stanford win legitimized the team. That wasn't only a #19 team, it was a perennial ranked team that rarely loses games to lesser teams. This win would definitely be sweet, but a loss doesn't taken anything away from an already great season.

I like Boise, just the some limp dick fans they have I could live without. This will be a brutal game and someone said it about the seam and deep passes, they get that going we are in trouble and fast.

4 hours ago, badfish said:

It doesn't matter.  There won't be any punishment until the off season.  Harsin needs every player to do their best so he can get off the hot seat.

Wow I just read about that assault.

It's inexplicable that the kids roommate just put him to bed rather than get him medical help. It says others players witnessed it and no one intervened? That's bullshit. That is a big problem for the program and the school. Did the room mate not get help because he was intimidated? This is all kinds of wrong.

One of the Final Five..........

The more I think about this game the more I think Boise wins.  We have three OL starters injured - one will play with a club, one might play with a bum ankle, and the other likely won't play.  I can see that causing issues as Boise will stack the box to stop the run and in passing downs bring pressure our OL can't handle.  Our OL is one of the worst pass pro units out there.  

I see Wilson getting open deep over the top and Rypien connecting with him a couple of times.  Chapman hasn't thrown a pick all year (save for a hail mary at the end of 1H vs Davis) and I see the pressure rattling him into throwing one or two.

Boise 27-20

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

The more I think about this game the more I think Boise wins.  We have three OL starters injured - one will play with a club, one might play with a bum ankle, and the other likely won't play.  I can see that causing issues as Boise will stack the box to stop the run and in passing downs bring pressure our OL can't handle.  Our OL is one of the worst pass pro units out there.  

I see Wilson getting open deep over the top and Rypien connecting with him a couple of times.  Chapman hasn't thrown a pick all year (save for a hail mary at the end of 1H vs Davis) and I see the pressure rattling him into throwing one or two.

Boise 27-20

Yes and the fullback has a club as well. 

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

2 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

It doesn't matter.  There won't be any punishment until the off season.  Harsin needs every player to do their best so he can get off the hot seat.

Nope.  Player has already been suspended from the team.  He was a walk-on freshman that hasn't played this year. 

6 hours ago, Fowl said:

Boise 27-20

Congrats Boise.  I have no idea why you guys don't like your staff - they out-coached ours beyond belief in all three phases.  Horton is the most unimaginative OC in the country and it is pretty easy to defend us like I said before -- load the box and bring pressure via run blitzes every snap - really easy actually.  But then again no need to bring pressure when you are going against the worst pass pro OL in the country.  We deserve this loss as we were not as good as our record and hopefully it wakes our guys up.  Congrats again your team deserved and earned this win.