Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAMification

SDSU vs BSU Big Game!!! Ur predicted Winner, who u will root for, and why???

6 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I think you did a good job of putting Boises "terrible offense" into perspective.

That being said, the thing that is noticbly different in the Boise offense from several years ago is the lack of precision in how they do things now.  Penalties, turnovers, etc.  Their short passing game used to be rhythmic and exact and produced lots of YAC; now its drops and stumbling around. They used to have multiple guys who could beat you deep on every play. Now they only have one like that - Ced WIlson.  And the run game was always led by an offensive line that was big and fast. Now they just look big and ho-hum.  I cant comment on Mattison relative to Martin, Ajayi, and McNichols because Im not sure even Eric Dickerson would look good playing behind that OL..

They're not "terrible". They're just not the Boise most people are used to watching.

I'm not arguing that they are good. They clearly aren't. But I'm not sure they have started a season against so many strong defenses. They have been out of rhythm. They also have a mostly rebuilt OL that has struggled mightily. They have had a different starting OL in all 5 games. If that gets more consistent they might start looking better, but who knows.

14 minutes ago, k5james said:

The same can be said for the assertion that Boise's D is better than SDSU's D.  SDSU's D has performed better vs tougher competition...

Boise opponents O:
(23) WSU - 474.7 ypg, 6.02 ypp
(53) UNM - 428.6 ypg, 6.63 ypp
(66) Troy - 409.5 ypg, 5.75 ypp
(67) Virginia - 408.8 ypg, 5.32 ypp
(128) BYU - 253.5 ypg, 4.42 ypp
Average - 395 ypg, 5.63 ypp
Boise - 325 ypg, 4.55 ypp

SDSU opponents O:
(42) Stan - 448.8 ypg, 7.67 ypp
(44) UNLV - 441.8 ypg, 6.88 ypp
(47) AFA - 433 ypg, 6.05 ypp
(54) ASU - 427.8 ypg, 5.60 ypp
(100) NIU - 352.4 ypg, 4.83 ypp
Average - 420.76 ypg, 6.21 ypp
SDSU - 310.8 ypg, 5.00 ypp

Yeah, I noted that in the post you just quoted, ya idiot.

Either way, SDSU has a defense that is fairly close numbers wise to what Boise has seen all year. However you want to disect the numbers, Boise's defense is quite a bit better than all but one of the teams SDSU has played. Those numbers show both defenses hold their opponents under their average.... the numbers on the other side show the opposite.

13 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Either way, SDSU has a defense that is fairly close numbers wise to what Boise has seen all year. However you want to disect the numbers, Boise's defense is quite a bit better than all but one of the teams SDSU has played. Those numbers show both defenses hold their opponents under their average.... the numbers on the other side show the opposite.

NIU and Stanford have better defenses...they just ran into better teams. 

44 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I think you did a good job of putting Boises "terrible offense" into perspective.

That being said, the thing that is noticbly different in the Boise offense from several years ago is the lack of precision in how they do things now.  Penalties, turnovers, etc.  Their short passing game used to be rhythmic and exact and produced lots of YAC; now its drops and stumbling around. They used to have multiple guys who could beat you deep on every play. Now they only have one like that - Ced WIlson.  And the run game was always led by an offensive line that was big and fast. Now they just look big and ho-hum.  I cant comment on Mattison relative to Martin, Ajayi, and McNichols because Im not sure even Eric Dickerson would look good playing behind that OL..

They're not "terrible". They're just not the Boise most people are used to watching.

Consider that Rypien was knocked out of the Wazzu game and Cozart had to step in.  Also, Boise's starting Center was injured and had to move a guy who had been playing Tackle(?) back to Center.  He had played Center in the past, but that will still impact the o-line effectiveness while he got up to speed. Can't comment on the receiver drops other than saying I hope that trend continues.

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif

3 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

NIU and Stanford have better defenses...they just ran into better teams. 

NIU absolutely did not. As noted, the best offense they have faced was SDSU's at 83rd. They have actually faced horrible offenses in every game. All but one of Boise's opponents ranked quite a bit higher than NIU's highest ranked opponent... plus they played an FCS team.

You could debate Stanford, I guess, but they are ranked 101st giving up 434 ypg and 6.01 ypp. 

Stanford opponents O:
6th
30th
50th
54th
83rd
124th

Average - 57.8 ranked offenses
Boise avg - 67.4 ranked offenses

I don't know, is 10 spots difference in the rankings worth 110 ypg and 1 1/2 ypp? I guess that's up to you, but that seems like a stretch.

11 minutes ago, Monty93 said:

Consider that Rypien was knocked out of the Wazzu game and Cozart had to step in.  Also, Boise's starting Center was injured and had to move a guy who had been playing Tackle(?) back to Center.  He had played Center in the past, but that will still impact the o-line effectiveness while he got up to speed. Can't comment on the receiver drops other than saying I hope that trend continues.

They have had massive issues with the OL. More than in any season in memory. Like I said, they have had a different starting OL in every game. Four on the OL made their first start this year and two had never played in a college game before this year.

I completely understand that SDSU has the same thing going on with their line this year, but they have gotten to play much weaker defenses. They one decent defense they played held them 263 yards, 3.5 ypc, and 1-14 on 3rd down.

1 minute ago, k5james said:

Um, I take it you're not a gambler.   That's how these things work.

Have you been paying any attention to the Boise fanbase? There is no one more sour on the Broncos than Boisefan. 

Do you gamble? Because it means the money is going toward Boise. And I guarentee it ain't coming from Boisefan.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

One throw away line.  I was providing context.

That's why you don't rely entirely on the numbers.  How many 3rd string QBs did Boise's defense play?  How many monsoons did Boise's offense play in?  You should watch more football.

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Have you been paying any attention to the Boise fanbase? There is no one more sour on the Broncos than Boisefan. 

Do you gamble? Because it means the money is going toward Boise. And I guarentee it ain't coming from Boisefan.

Jeesus Christ...I was referring to the "worldwide" fan base that you Donks like to brag about.  The casual fan that just knows "that good team that plays on that blue field."  They're the ones going heavy on BSU.

22 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

NIU absolutely did not. As noted, the best offense they have faced was SDSU's at 83rd. They have actually faced horrible offenses in every game. All but one of Boise's opponents ranked quite a bit higher than NIU's highest ranked opponent... plus they played an FCS team.

You could debate Stanford, I guess, but they are ranked 101st giving up 434 ypg and 6.01 ypp. 

Stanford opponents O:
6th
30th
50th
54th
83rd
124th

Average - 57.8 ranked offenses
Boise avg - 67.4 ranked offenses

I don't know, is 10 spots difference in the rankings worth 110 ypg and 1 1/2 ypp? I guess that's up to you, but that seems like a stretch.

You're mistake is generalizing. Focus on our rushing attack v NIU rushing D....

Hint, you've only faced 1 top 50 rushing offense and it wasn't out of the pro-set...

11 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

You're mistake is generalizing. Focus on our rushing attack v NIU rushing D....

I was just focusing on what you told me to. 

Ok, here are NIU's rush D #s vs FBS:

- 115.5 ypg, 2.8 ypc
vs SDSU:
- 127 yards, 3.5 ypc

So, SDSU did do better than they yield... but I wouldn't say that it is by a significant amount. SDSU is a pretty good running team, I'd imagine they should do better. But it wasn't much better.

29 minutes ago, k5james said:

One throw away line.  I was providing context.

That's why you don't rely entirely on the numbers.  How many 3rd strong QBs did Boise's defense play?  How many monsoons did Boise's offense play in?  You should watch more football.

Excuses... everything in here. 

Your response is always to discount people. I've seen every MW team play this and every year. Most multiple times. While I do have a life outside of college sports, I don't watch any other sports. It's college football and basketball... and specifially MW whenever it's available. 

17 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I was just focusing on what you told me to. 

Ok, here are NIU's rush D #s vs FBS:

- 115.5 ypg, 2.8 ypc
vs SDSU:
- 127 yards, 3.5 ypc

So, SDSU did do better than they yield... but I wouldn't say that it is by a significant amount. SDSU is a pretty good running team, I'd imagine they should do better. But it wasn't much better.

NIU has the highest rated rush defense we've faced, higher than Boise. NIU has faced more skilled running teams than Boise up to this point in the season, all while maintaining a higher rated rush D...see where this is headed?

Add on top our propensity to gain extra possessions with t/o's and signs point to Boise needing a perfect game to win Saturday. I'm not saying you guys aren't good or can't win, just that the match up isn't favorable. 

32 minutes ago, k5james said:

Jeesus Christ...I was referring to the "worldwide" fan base that you Donks like to brag about.  The casual fan that just knows "that good team that plays on that blue field."  They're the ones going heavy on BSU.

LOL, the massive world wide BSU fanbase? See this is exactly why Boise gets more TV money than everyone else. We just have way more fans than everyone else. Thanks for clarifying. 

1 hour ago, k5james said:

They're trying to get more money on SDSU.  I'm sure the worldwide blue fan base has gone heavy on BSU.

Bet me $$, hombre...

Edit* MOTHERFU/CKER!!  The Kellen Jesus pic is like, not hosted anymore for my sig!!!

KY, make it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New-Signature.jpg

I fear we are seeing the emergence of TSDSUF.  Lots of chest pounding on here by Aztec fans, in response to what I'm not sure.  Nearly every Boise fan has said SDSU is the better team this year, and I'm seeing very few Boise fans who think BSU has a chance to win this game.  Aztec fan is sure touchy - reminds me of Boise fan in their prime