Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Limebull

Week 7 AP Poll

9 minutes ago, Limebull said:

P6 bias

No such thing as the P6. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

USF's remaining games that might be challenging are @ Tulane who does look a lot improved and not like the usual tulane, vs Houston, and @ UCF. I think they lose 1 or 2 of those games. 

UCF has @ Navy and and vs USF

Of the undefeated teams in the AAC Navy has by far the toughest remaining schedule and it would be shocking if they didn't lose at least 2 more regular season games: @ Memphis, vs UCF, @ Notre Dame, @ Houston. 

22 hours ago, fanhood said:

A win over Navy does not get you "back into the national conversation," whatever that is. But it certainly would be a nice win.

We already put Memphis "into the national conversation" and beating a ranked team isn't going to hurt that - at least not any more than it hurt already.

I do think the national media respects Air Force quite a bit because Navy earned its ranking only after beating Air Force - both the SDSU and Navy games were close games.  It's good when  1-4 team still gets national respect because it means east coast people watch that ish.

It's going to be close on whether SDSU can jump USF.

Fresno State was in the exact same situation in '13 when NIU was right on our butts throughout the rankings (only to see both lose and out of Fiesta Bowl contention) and I remember it came down to both teams just continuing to win, and if they did, there would be no way mathematically that NIU would jump Fresno State....however, there was constant arguments on both sides that made sense.

1MXnKMV.jpg

I have no idea why Navy is ranked, aside from giving 4-1 Memphis a stooge to get back into the mix after their UCLA win.

Watching Navy run a pseudo New Mexico offense - which their coach admitted to emulating in a news article - made me sick...and they STILL needed a last minute TD to beat Air Force after allowing 45 points.

The pundits are tee ballin' up the AAC like crazy...many of which won't complete an entire schedule this season...to give some P5 a patsy to chomp on.

There's charity and then there's playing football that beats a P5 access bowl team. This is Western Michigan all over again.