Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

SDSU @ UNLV

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Cotton isn't the problem.  We were leading the conference in scoring offense coming into tonight.

Cotton is a big part of the problem. We were leading the conference in scoring offense IN SPITE of Cotton. He couldn't be more predictable.

23 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Cotton is a big part of the problem. We were leading the conference in scoring offense IN SPITE of Cotton. He couldn't be more predictable.

23 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Honestly, I am not sure what you guys are talking about. You just played a better, more experienced, more physical team, and played them well.

I am legitimately concerned about UNLV for the next few years. Rogers is only going to get better. I would be surprised if he DOES NOT beat us at least once in the next three tries.

9 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

I am certainly more worried about Rypien or the refs than I am the 11 SDSU players.   They are not very good.

SDSU had 10 points gift wrapped for them in the first quarter.  The refs did a great job.

Wow. Repien threw his first TD past on Friday. Think about that.

SDSU is going to win next week. The game will be close in the 1st Half, but we will pull away. I am not sure what happened to Boise's athleticism, but they just don't seem to have any explosive players anymore. It is strange.

4 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Honestly, I am not sure what you guys are talking about. You just played a better, more experienced, more physical team, and played them well.

I am legitimately concerned about UNLV for the next few years. Rogers is only going to get better. I would be surprised if he DOES NOT beat us at least once in the next three tries.

I personally think Rogers is an NFL quarterback and won't stay all four years.  As he matures, I think the playbook will open up more.  We are a 70-30 running team now.  Eventually, I think it will be closer to 55-45.

9 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

I am certainly more worried about Rypien or the refs than I am the 11 SDSU players.   They are not very good.

SDSU had 10 points gift wrapped for them in the first quarter.  The refs did a great job.

You are certainly an idiot, as well.

Just admit it...  SDSU is going to woodshed BSU...

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

6 minutes ago, fanhood said:

that we did. I can find no fault with the players efforts. But many of the play calls had a 'what?' moment, but it's that way every game with cotton, even I know what's coming next.

and yes, i realize they'll open the play book a bit more when rogers has more experience, and against teams not named Ohio St and SDSU. probably as early as the next couple of weeks when it might be a little easier to push the line around a bit.

Guest RoscoesDad

Effort was there and defense was a little more aggressive.  Baer actually sent an extra man a few times oh boy.  Except when we got them in 3rd down passing situations. We literally gift teams an eazy 15 yards and it is just totally unacceptable that we continue to do this.  Offense is too predictable.  We have a ferrari at qb and some corvettes at wr and we continue to waste it.  Our run game cannot control the clock it is a homerun offense.  We dont do anything much other than run up the middle and throw bombs.  

13 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Congrats to the Aztecs, your team is really good . The rebels scored 21 on Ohio State, but couldn't do it against the Aztecs.  good luck the rest of the way. 

Really like the look of your QB; looks like he's going to be a handful down the road.

19 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

Really like the look of your QB; looks like he's going to be a handful down the road.

yes, I think so, too. he didn't get as much protection last night against your D, but when he has had a second he's done well for an inexperienced freshman. at some point they'll focus a little more on the passing game, which will help open up the run. i hope.

btw, I have seen a lot of respect from your fans on twitter in regard to the game, and much love from the fans for vegas. it's all appreciated.

No idea what Baer was thinking.  He only really had 7 in the box most of the game and hardly brought pressure.  It's like he never watched any film of how prior defenses had been modestly successful in slowing down the SDSU offense.  

UNLV needs to get rid of that guy.  He is inept.

22 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I would put money on it with you, but considering your history of non-payment it wouldn't make any sense.  

Considering your history of no money...  we could always settle on an easy cyber bet, so you can hang onto your food stamps..

If SDSU wins, you can no longer type the word HA.

If BSU wins, you can wake up...  because that chit is happening only in your dreams.

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

30 minutes ago, Fowl said:

No idea what Baer was thinking.  He only really had 7 in the box most of the game and hardly brought pressure.  It's like he never watched any film of how prior defenses had been modestly successful in slowing down the SDSU offense.  

UNLV needs to get rid of that guy.  He is inept.

no question about it. he should have been gone after last year.

2 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

yes, I think so, too. he didn't get as much protection last night against your D, but when he has had a second he's done well for an inexperienced freshman. at some point they'll focus a little more on the passing game, which will help open up the run. i hope.

btw, I have seen a lot of respect from your fans on twitter in regard to the game, and much love from the fans for vegas. it's all appreciated.

I mentioned it earlier during the game, but I noticed he kept doing it until the very end. Every time your QB would come out for a punt Sanchez was chewing him out. Kid's a freshman. Doesn't seem a productive way to handle him. Coach should be building him up IMO.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

18 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Maybe that’s how SDSU football is. Soft

Smh at the incredible stupidity of that comment.

Sobered up yet or did the game bother you so much you're still imbibing?

Boom goes the dynamite.

7 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

that we did. I can find no fault with the players efforts. But many of the play calls had a 'what?' moment, but it's that way every game with cotton, even I know what's coming next.

and yes, i realize they'll open the play book a bit more when rogers has more experience, and against teams not named Ohio St and SDSU. probably as early as the next couple of weeks when it might be a little easier to push the line around a bit.

My thoughts as well. UNLV clearly has some talent but just as clearly, it's poorly coached.

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I mentioned it earlier during the game, but I noticed he kept doing it until the very end. Every time your QB would come out for a punt Sanchez was chewing him out. Kid's a freshman. Doesn't seem a productive way to handle him. Coach should be building him up IMO.

I saw them laughing a couple of times early on, but then lost track when I was busy with the baby (yes, we took her.) I haven't watched the game yet, and might not, but i'll pay more attention next time. I've seen him get nasty with kids before, and I hate it. But they seem to really like him, from what I hear.

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

My thoughts as well. UNLV clearly has some talent but just as clearly, it's poorly coached.

I want a new DC, and a new OC. If Sanchez doesn't want to make that happen, he needs to go as well.

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I saw them laughing a couple of times early on, but then lost track when I was busy with the baby (yes, we took her.) I haven't watched the game yet, and might not, but i'll pay more attention next time. I've seen him get nasty with kids before, and I hate it. But they seem to really like him, from what I hear.

Yeah different kids respond differently. It just seems that as time goes the old school intimidation style of coaching works less and less with kids coming up. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say