Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Gun Control (please don't read if it is too soon for you)

4 hours ago, pokebball said:

Not in the way some of you were saying they work

All I did was post a couple of vids, including Myth Busters. And repeat what I read about suppressors used with subsonic ammo.

It seems like even a large caliber hand gun with a suppressor would have the desired effect for a criminal wanting to kill someone inside a residence without the neighbors to hearing the gun fire.

46 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

All I did was post a couple of vids, including Myth Busters. And repeat what I read about suppressors used with subsonic ammo.

It seems like even a large caliber hand gun with a suppressor would have the desired effect for a criminal wanting to kill someone inside a residence without the neighbors to hearing the gun fire.

So you are going to outlaw liter plastic bottles and duct tape Tapeworm?

They are just as effective as what you can legally buy for hundreds of dollars and you don't have to have it on record with the feds that you have a silencer.

12 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

So you are going to outlaw liter plastic bottles and duct tape Tapeworm?

They are just as effective as what you can legally buy for hundreds of dollars and you don't have to have it on record with the feds that you have a silencer.

If they are legal, I wouldn't think they would even be allowed to be registered.

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

If they are legal, I wouldn't think they would even be allowed to be registered.

You said it, "you wouldn't think", describes your life.

It is legal to own a Ma deuce, it is legal to own a sherman tank with a 75 on it.  It is legal to own a silencer.  This stuff is involved in 0 crime.

Yet of course morons like you who hate freedom and hate other people's rights not only want to take away free speech you want to take away everything that might scare you.   Put yourself under the protection of incompetent lazy tapeworms like yourself.   

Yet you are convinced outlawing something that is involved in 0 crime, hasn't killed anyone and if outlawed would prevent no one from getting their hands on a replacement.  Passing the law would make you feel safer though.  Emotions drive morons like you, which proves you aren't even a sentient being.

17 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

You said it, "you wouldn't think", describes your life.

It is legal to own a Ma deuce, it is legal to own a sherman tank with a 75 on it.  It is legal to own a silencer.  This stuff is involved in 0 crime.

Yet of course morons like you who hate freedom and hate other people's rights not only want to take away free speech you want to take away everything that might scare you.   Put yourself under the protection of incompetent lazy tapeworms like yourself.   

Yet you are convinced outlawing something that is involved in 0 crime, hasn't killed anyone and if outlawed would prevent no one from getting their hands on a replacement.  Passing the law would make you feel safer though.  Emotions drive morons like you, which proves you aren't even a sentient being.

When did I say anything about outlawing silencers? They are legal in the same way fully automatic weapons and sawed off shot guns are legal.

Do I think any idiot walking in off the street should be able to buy one at Walmart? Hell no!

You are seriously claiming that a silencer has never been used in a crime? Hell, you don't even believe that.

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

When did I say anything about outlawing silencers? They are legal in the same way fully automatic weapons and sawed off shot guns are legal.

Do I think any idiot walking in off the street should be able to buy one at Walmart? Hell no!

You are seriously claiming that a silencer has never been used in a crime? Hell, you don't even believe that.

The FBI said that no silencer was used in a murder.

I already linked it.  You should at least agree with your fellow tapeworms.

15 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

So go ahead and outlaw the stuff.  It won't save any lives but it will make you feel better i guess

Not sure what the answer is... I really think the ATF dropped the ball allowing bump stocks, not sure it matters now if they change it back. I think magazine capacity limits is a good thing, but again, there's just so many out there already. Nor do I like the idea of criminalizing after the fact otherwise lawful owners of these things. I think it's also a valid point that most crimes committed with a handgun kill far more people in the course of a year than these mass shooters. That has as much to do with other societal/policy issues that's been pointed out in this thread. And as always, crazy people are going to do crazy things no matter what the laws might be.

9 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Is it possible that the reason that these haven't been used in crime is that it is relatively regulated compared to some random guy buying rifles with 100 round magazines and bump stocks? I've never looked into buying a tank, but I'm guessing there's a lot of paperwork involved.

1 hour ago, SFtoVA said:

Is it possible that the reason that these haven't been used in crime is that it is relatively regulated compared to some random guy buying rifles with 100 round magazines and bump stocks? I've never looked into buying a tank, but I'm guessing there's a lot of paperwork involved.

The latest figures I saw from the FBI showed only 248 people were killed by a rifle last year. Over 1500 were killed by blunt instruments like hammers and bats. Rifles aren't the issue and neither are high capacity mags. 

24 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

The latest figures I saw from the FBI showed only 248 people were killed by a rifle last year. Over 1500 were killed by blunt instruments like hammers and bats. Rifles aren't the issue and neither are high capacity mags. 

You sure about that? Link?

20 minutes ago, SFtoVA said:

You sure about that? Link?

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/tables/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2011-2015.xls

These are the official DOJ numbers from 2011-2015. I was a little off. In 2015 rifles killed 252 people. Knives killed 1544. Blunt objects and hands feet etc killed 1061 people. 

14 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/tables/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2011-2015.xls

These are the official DOJ numbers from 2011-2015. I was a little off. In 2015 rifles killed 252 people. Knives killed 1544. Blunt objects and hands feet etc killed 1061 people. 

You were way off with the 1500 killed by blunt objects claim, big difference from 1500 to 437. Keep in mind this doesn't include Pulse or LV, these number are going to change.

There's also 2.477 where firearm type is "not stated", which is disturbing and another thing that bothers me... Why is it so hard to report, at a minimum, simple data from police involved or non-police shootings to a central authority?

Doesn't really matter though, magazine capacity affects handguns (6,447) as well as rifles.

11 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

The FBI said that no silencer was used in a murder.

I already linked it.  You should at least agree with your fellow tapeworms.

Yeah, because outlaw biker gangs have never killed anyone. and if they did get involved in contract murders, which they do, they would never use silencers which they already have.

"In December 2012, federal officials used the RICO law to convict seven members of the Wheels of Soul OMG for racketeering charges that included murder, conspiracy to commit murder and other organized crime-related charges. Also in 2012, federal authorities used RICO laws to indict 19 members of a Hells Angels chapter in South Carolina for drug and weapons violations.

The haul from the bust was more than 100 weapons, including machine guns, silencers, assault rifles and semi-automatic pistols.

Local law-enforcement officials in Waco have described the shootout on Sunday as one of the most gruesome crime scenes they’d ever seen. More than 170 bikers have been arrested and face capital murder charges. The fighting, officials say, is likely to continue."

http://www.vocativ.com/underworld/crime/fbi-biker-gangs-are-among-the-worst-gangs-in-america/

2 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Yeah, because outlaw biker gangs have never killed anyone. and if they did get involved in contract murders, which they do, they would never use silencers which they already have.

"In December 2012, federal officials used the RICO law to convict seven members of the Wheels of Soul OMG for racketeering charges that included murder, conspiracy to commit murder and other organized crime-related charges. Also in 2012, federal authorities used RICO laws to indict 19 members of a Hells Angels chapter in South Carolina for drug and weapons violations.

The haul from the bust was more than 100 weapons, including machine guns, silencers, assault rifles and semi-automatic pistols.

Local law-enforcement officials in Waco have described the shootout on Sunday as one of the most gruesome crime scenes they’d ever seen. More than 170 bikers have been arrested and face capital murder charges. The fighting, officials say, is likely to continue."

http://www.vocativ.com/underworld/crime/fbi-biker-gangs-are-among-the-worst-gangs-in-america/

The question still rises Tapeworm, are you going to outlaw oil filters and liter bottles?

We should outlaw meteors hitting the earth too under your logic.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

14 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

The question still rises Tapeworm, are you going to outlaw oil filters and liter bottles?

We should outlaw meteors hitting the earth too under your logic.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Sound logic...

Since people die from a variety of causes, including murder. And people still murder despite it being against the law. Why even outlaw murder?

29 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Sound logic...

Since people die from a variety of causes, including murder. And people still murder despite it being against the law. Why even outlaw murder?

Outlawing murder keeps law abiding citizens from murdering people.  

Outlawing guns does not keep murderers who are already breaking the law murdering someone, from murdering someone.  Which has been proven every time and in every country a gun control law has been passed. when the violent crime and murder rates climb.