Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Let’s all try to be a little nicer to each other

I know we all don’t agree on things. But let’s try to all be nicer to each other despite our disagreements.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Eat shit and die.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Na just joking, I agree with Mug, make love not war.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

I'd really like to Mug but I'm very pissed about this. I just got done talking to my niece who had three of her friends shot last night. My cousins best friend has a chest wound and is in serious condition. My wife's friend at work had her 15 year old daughter there and made it out as did 2 other of her friends. I had 3 other people I knew there that made it out ok.  So as much as I am thankful that no one I know has died because of this people that my family cares about may not. I'm as political as anyone else on this board but not right now. I'm in no mood for political shit from either side.    

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

I'd really like to Mug but I'm very pissed about this. I just got done talking to my niece who had three of her friends shot last night. My cousins best friend has a chest wound and is in serious condition. My wife's friend at work had her 15 year old daughter there and made it out as did 2 other of her friends. I had 3 other people I knew there that made it out ok.  So as much as I am thankful that no one I know has died because of this people that my family cares about may not. I'm as political as anyone else on this board but not right now. I'm in no mood for political shit from either side.    

I agree, let’s keep the politics out of it today, but is talking about the politics of gun violence any worse than pouring over the details of the crime like it’s some sort of game of Clue? It doesn’t mean anyone is a piece of shit, and I think it’s to be expected that some react with a political answer. Engage or ignore as you see fit, but why enflame? There is already enough anger.

I’m sorry that this has touched you in such a profound way. I might not live in Vegas anymore, but it’s my hometown that I lived in for most of my life and most of my family and friends live there. I’m fortunate to not have had anyone I know directly affected. But like you, I’ve had friends of friends affected, like my friend’s sister-in-law who was shot and is currently at UMC. And I have a very good friend who worked through the night as a nurse in Sunrise’s trauma unit, and his experience is both horrifying and heroic. Let’s think about them, the victims and the heroes, and react to the politics when we’re ready.

6 hours ago, mugtang said:

I know we all don’t agree on things. But let’s try to all be nicer to each other despite our disagreements.  

I wish someone could get that point across to this clown.

donaldtrumpebola.jpg

Every tragedy is politicized immediately.  When a Muslim attacks innocents to make a point, it's immediately politicized. If a plane crashes, the discussion is how, and how do we fix it?  If an earthquake or fire tears down a skyscraper killing hundreds, the discussion is how could this happen?  Who built the building, why were the safeguards missing or why did they fail?

Only in mass shootings does it become taboo to talk about the why's and how do we fix it.  And that's the narrative promoted by the alt-right and the NRA, who are financially invested in it. 

So one could accurately say that immediately trying to silence any talk about a mass shooting is in itself politicizing it.  Promoting the narrative of those with a vested interest, in the guise of showing "respect to the victims".

As the victims rights were the ones trampled, it would seem to be in their best interests to understand why and to address it. Not stick your head in the sand because you've been conditioned to do so, like calling the "mainstream media" "fake news", and other such stupidities. 

Discussion is the only rational way to deal with tragedy.  It's human, and the natural response to tragedy.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism