Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just_chris

Shooters at Mandalay Bay

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

More than 20 dead confirmed.

Is that from a news source or your own source in the department?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

9 minutes ago, crixus said:

I wish you all the best. According to NBC News there's still occasional shots being fired. 

Most the info I've seen shows those reports of additional gunfire at other sites is false, thank goodness.

And I'm fine and I'm 99% sure any friends and family are fine but thanks very much.  

4 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

More than 20 dead confirmed.

Oh my goodness. I pray for their family and friends. May the Lord bless and comfort them. 

Whoever it was we can be certain they were two things, they were a human and they were a monster. The two things are not separate. Every human has the potential to be a monster. Despite the dismissive "give me a break" part, we would all do well to guard against the parts of ourselves that tend toward the monstrous part of our nature. In snap judgements, and in dealing with the emotions of the tragedy.

People have died, many are seriously hurt, lives have been destroyed. That's what really matters at this point.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, just_chris said:

I am sick to my stomach 

National TV still reporting 2 dead, 12 critical.  Would be very lucky if that were the final, with all respect to the families.  We'll know more later but I'm praying it isn't 20 dead.

My guess is only one shooter as well, based on the videos being posted.

An off duty Bakersfield Police Officer was at the concert and was one of the people shot. Fortunately it's not a life threatening situation for him.

Just now, Headbutt said:

National TV still reporting 2 dead, 12 critical.  Would be very lucky if that were the final, with all respect to the families.  We'll know more later but I'm praying it isn't 20 dead.

My guess is only one shooter as well, based on the videos being posted.

That is just what one hospital confirmed. Who knows what's going on at the on site triage or what the crime scene looks like.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Wow... one of my best friends was going to come out to visit with his family this weekend, decided a couple weeks ago to come next weekend instead.... terrifying to think I could have been on the strip tonight with my fiancé and daughter.   

Must be an inside source I'm only seeing reports of 2 dead so far. And that's just from the hospital so no field info other than the report of 20.

A lot of anger and angst, typical devolving into terrorist threads, gun control, politics.

No one has any answers, just anger and finger pointing. Divisiveness. Tribes but no unity.  No answers. 

I don't know how or even if  we ever get things turned around.

One of the Final Five..........

1 minute ago, mysfit said:

Must be an inside source I'm only seeing reports of 2 dead so far. And that's just from the hospital so no field info other than the report of 20.

A lot of anger and angst, typical devolving into terrorist threads, gun control, politics.

No one has any answers, just anger and finger pointing. Divisiveness. Tribes but no unity.  No answers. 

I don't know how or even if  we ever get things turned around.

It's a terrorist.  Maybe Isis, maybe some lone nutcase, maybe a domestic group, who knows.  Someone opened up on a crowd with an automatic weapon.  That's a terrorist.  That's not devolving, that's just observation.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

14 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Is that from a news source or your own source in the department?

That was from officers outside UMC. I'd still take it with a grain of salt just because it's ongoing and info does get lost, but I trust the dudes judgement.

There's a "casualty" corner setup on strip as well. So who really knows. :(

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

6 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

It's a terrorist.  Maybe Isis, maybe some lone nutcase, maybe a domestic group, who knows.  Someone opened up on a crowd with an automatic weapon.  That's a terrorist.  That's not devolving, that's just observation.

My comment was in regards to various discussions I'm seeing on the internet, not here. And those 'Discussions' are devolving into all kinds of ugliness.  I'm not judging, just observing. :)

There is so much anger everywhere I look. Except here, here is fairly calm. 

One of the Final Five..........

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

That was from officers outside UMC. I'd still take it with a grain of salt just because it's ongoing and info does get lost, but I trust the dudes judgement.

There's a "casualty" corner setup on strip as well. So who really knows. :(

Sadly, you are correct.  Confirmed reports of at least 20 dead.  More to come I'm sure.  

Just now, mysfit said:

My comment was in regards to various discussions I'm seeing on the internet, not here. And those 'Discussions' are devolving into all kinds of ugliness.  I'm not judging, just observing. :)

There is so much anger everywhere I look. Except here, here is fairly calm. 

The cool thing about "here" is that it's mostly grown ups.