Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just_chris

Shooters at Mandalay Bay

2 minutes ago, crixus said:

I'm watching NBC News and they have a retired ATF officer on and he say's he heard sub machine gun fire and semi automatic fire. He thinks it was a terrorist attack because Las Vegas is known as Sin City and is considered evil in the Islamic world. 

My brother heard them say the suspect's name on the police scanner.  Address on his ID was from Mesquite, NV.

1 minute ago, crixus said:

I'm watching NBC News and they have a retired ATF officer on and he say's he heard sub machine gun fire and semi automatic fire. He thinks it was a terrorist attack because Las Vegas is known as Sin City and is considered evil in the Islamic world. 

Too early to say, but wouldn't be surprised. 9/11 attackers were all in Vegas before they carried out their acts of terrorism.

4 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

It's always amazing to see how humans come together with this stuff and put all differences aside.  I wish we could do this every day.

There have been quite a few guys being interviewed as the leave the scene, probably ushered out to keep the scene as clear for the professionals as possible, and they were coming shirtless and streaked with blood. People will literally give strangers the shirt off their backs without a second thought.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

https://twitter.com/lvmpd/status/914754789598048257

cause it didn’t embed: Metro doesn’t think there are any more shooters 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Too early to say, but wouldn't be surprised. 9/11 attackers were all in Vegas before they carried out their acts of terrorism.

I thought about that earlier as well. Although it's too early to tell right now. 

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

How many hospitals are there in Vegas?

There are probably 10-12 but UMC is pretty much the main trauma unit from what I understand 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

How about everyone wait for the facts to come out before you start speculating on terrorist this, Muslim that. Give me a break 

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

2 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

How about everyone wait for the facts to come out before you start speculating on terrorist this, Muslim that. Give me a break 

Were just sharing what were hearing on the news and there's nothing wrong with that. Freedom of Speech. 

Just now, LoFasZz said:

Good point.  It probably wasn't terrorists.

It didn't have to be muslims (probably was) but there's no question it's terrorism.

Image result for facepalm

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I live about 3/4 of a mile from UMC and it's just non-stop sirens.

I wish you all the best. According to NBC News there's still occasional shots being fired. 

3 minutes ago, Jersey Rebels said:

That isn't semi-automatic fire. That's ten seconds of fully automatically, high capacity mags from the sounds of it. 

I don't know too much about guns but to me it sounds like one shooter emptying out a magazine, reloading, emptying....repeat.