Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

NIU @ SDSU official game thread

5 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

How did BSU do against the fighting byes?

It was probably the biggest ass kicking Boise has ever given Bye:

Wazzu beats #5 USC

Troy beats #25 LSU

UNM beats Air Force by 3 scores

Rest of MW goes 3-0 out of conference

5 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Those MAC refs called the game tighter than a nun's c*nt.

I didn't see too many calls that weren't penalties.  Maybe on the punt return because he didn't touch him.  There were a lot of DUMB penalties that could/should have cost the game.  

I decided a week after the replay robbery at Provostan that I would never again blame officiating for the Aztecs failing to get it done. I haven't done so since and won't now.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I decided a week after the replay robbery at Provostan that I would never again blame officiating for the Aztecs failing to get it done. I haven't done so since and won't now.

I didn't get a clear look at the Holder penalty. When the flag went down I thought it was a block in the back. I thought the penalties were legit otherwise. With the exception of the AF game the Aztecs have been terribly undisciplined. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 minute ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I didn't get a clear look at the Holder penalty. When the flag went down I thought it was a block in the back. I thought the penalties were legit otherwise. With the exception of the AF game the Aztecs have been terribly undisciplined. 

He made a great block, that unfortunately was targeting according to the rules.

6 minutes ago, bitteraztec said:

He made a great block, that unfortunately was targeting according to the rules.

yeah he earholed a kid, but lowered his helmet to cause his helmet to hit the other players helmet before he hit him with his shoulder

NIU has some stout linemen on both sides of the ball ... they are big and quick -- we had a tough time all night. Both their receivers and corners were better/faster than our guys, we were lucky their QB was inconsistent. This game could have and probably should have had a different outcome.

Fortunately, Hauck and the special teams came through for us. The opening kick return for a TD turned out to be huge. I am happy to say our punter put in some work today, probably the best he's been all season.

In the end, 5-0 is all that matters.

Go Aztecs!!!!

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

I think the full-time no huddle really gave our D problems. We rely a lot on stunts and shifts and their no huddle kept our guys in their base formation which is a problem because in a 3-3-5 you're always going be be undersized head-to-head. Not really sure what was wrong on offense. Losing our best receiver hurt but mainly we just couldn't run block. 

10 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Sideline infraction.  I don't know why exactly why they called the penalty though.  The targeting was pretty borderline.  

I believe Rocky got in the way of an official as he, the official, was running down the sideline. 

They outplayed us. 5 PF's is unacceptable. We are fortunate to come away with a W. 

Great time at the old ballyard last night. Good crowd and they were into the game. Student section emptied out a little early. Studying for finals probably.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

59 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I think the full-time no huddle really gave our D problems. We rely a lot on stunts and shifts and their no huddle kept our guys in their base formation which is a problem because in a 3-3-5 you're always going be be undersized head-to-head. Not really sure what was wrong on offense. Losing our best receiver hurt but mainly we just couldn't run block. 

Often faced 11 guys w/n 8 yds of LOS; makes for tough sledding.

3 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

Often faced 11 guys w/n 8 yds of LOS; makes for tough sledding.

I can't imagine what else a D would do against us. You've got to punish them with passes and we didn't do it consistently. 

1 hour ago, badfish said:

3 true freshmen vs NIU:

Gudino starting on the OL

Aleki big fumble recovery 

Thompson 2 INTs, 1TD, game sealer

Gudino starting as a true frosh at RG, is just insane.

52 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I can't imagine what else a D would do against us. You've got to punish them with passes and we didn't do it consistently. 

The ability to do that was impacted by Holder getting tossed.

11 minutes ago, k5james said:

The ability to do that was impacted by Holder getting tossed.

Definitely. Their coaching staff really had them prepared both ways though. They dominated the lines. Thank God for our DBs.