Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

A couple UNM players about to become pretty popular on twitter

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

They took a knee during the anthem against Air Force. I'd imagine some people might have something to say about that. 

They were protesting chop blocks

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

11 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

This kneeling during the anthem garbage is ruining the game of football for me. 

You guys are too sensitive.  It's 2 minutes of a whole 4+ hour experience, just ignore it. It will eventually go away. 

Be fair now. When you saw that kid kneeling, you also saw a couple behind him with their hands over their hearts. I am not thrilled by it, but not outraged either.

Amor, teams weren't scheduled to be on the field during the anthem. Lightning changed that.

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

You guys are too sensitive.  It's 2 minutes of a whole 4+ hour experience, just ignore it. It will eventually go away. 

Doesn't matter how long it is, frankly I don't tune in to football games to see political statements being made by players. 

2 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Doesn't matter how long it is, frankly I don't tune in to football games to see political statements being made by players. 

I don't go to a game for the anthem.

Just now, Squall Hammer said:

Standing for the anthem is as much a political statement as kneeling is.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Squall Hammer said:

Saying you support America, through word or through actions (standing at attention during the anthem) is a political statement. Positive political statements are still political statements, not just critical ones.

False.

16 minutes ago, jdw said:

Be fair now. When you saw that kid kneeling, you also saw a couple behind him with their hands over their hearts. I am not thrilled by it, but not outraged either.

Amor, teams weren't scheduled to be on the field during the anthem. Lightning changed that.

Didn't know that.

Who gives a shit? It's phucking football. Until you've spent time in the dirt avoiding rounds meant for you, phuck off. Freedom of Speech is still a thing in this great republic. Come at me when you see your friend holding his guts in. Until then you can blow me.

9 minutes ago, Squall Hammer said:

Saying you support America, through word or through actions (standing at attention during the anthem) is a political statement. Positive political statements are still political statements, not just critical ones.

To be quite honest, nobody prior to the Kap kneeling fiasco thought of standing for the anthem as a political statement.  I see it more of a sign of respect for those that have served or sacrificed for this country. The great thing about it is your showing respect to everyone that's ever served or sacrificed for this country, regardless of what one looks like or came from. That's real unity. 

This kneeling agenda is the exact opposite and frankly doesn't help solve anything. 

18 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Who gives a shit? It's phucking football. Until you've spent time in the dirt avoiding rounds meant for you, phuck off. Freedom of Speech is still a thing in this great republic. Come at me when you see your friend holding his guts in. Until then you can blow me.

Thank you! I served to protect the first amendment. All the crying about this is pathetic. Lobo Amor, peace out. Lobo football doesn't need you. 

swedish-alfup.png

3 minutes ago, Swedish said:

Thank you! I served to protect the first amendment. All the crying about this is pathetic. Lobo Amor, peace out. Lobo football doesn't need you. 

Semper Fi my brother! Not sure if you're a Marine like me, but I appreciate you having my back