kingpotato

A couple UNM players about to become pretty popular on twitter

They took a knee during the anthem against Air Force. I'd imagine some people might have something to say about that. 

kneeling for the flag is so last weekend

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

They took a knee during the anthem against Air Force. I'd imagine some people might have something to say about that. 

They were protesting chop blocks

• Like 7
  • Haha 13

UNM never comes out for the anthem but they do when we play AFA at home. Should have stayed in. I know a lot if Lobo ticket holders who said they'll cancel if this happens. I for one will spend my money elsewhere. 

This kneeling during the anthem garbage is ruining the game of football for me. 

11 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

This kneeling during the anthem garbage is ruining the game of football for me. 

You guys are too sensitive.  It's 2 minutes of a whole 4+ hour experience, just ignore it. It will eventually go away. 

• Like 3

Be fair now. When you saw that kid kneeling, you also saw a couple behind him with their hands over their hearts. I am not thrilled by it, but not outraged either.

Amor, teams weren't scheduled to be on the field during the anthem. Lightning changed that.

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

You guys are too sensitive.  It's 2 minutes of a whole 4+ hour experience, just ignore it. It will eventually go away. 

Doesn't matter how long it is, frankly I don't tune in to football games to see political statements being made by players. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Doesn't matter how long it is, frankly I don't tune in to football games to see political statements being made by players. 

Standing for the anthem is as much a political statement as kneeling is.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

I don't go to a game for the anthem.

Just now, Squall Hammer said:

Thank you!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Squall Hammer said:

How so? 

Just now, Rosegreen said:

How so? 

Saying you support America, through word or through actions (standing at attention during the anthem) is a political statement. Positive political statements are still political statements, not just critical ones.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Squall Hammer said:

BS.

1 minute ago, Squall Hammer said:

Saying you support America, through word or through actions (standing at attention during the anthem) is a political statement. Positive political statements are still political statements, not just critical ones.

False.

Mug, can you take this to Off-Topic? It's not going to get any better.

16 minutes ago, jdw said:

Be fair now. When you saw that kid kneeling, you also saw a couple behind him with their hands over their hearts. I am not thrilled by it, but not outraged either.

Amor, teams weren't scheduled to be on the field during the anthem. Lightning changed that.

Didn't know that.

Who gives a shit? It's phucking football. Until you've spent time in the dirt avoiding rounds meant for you, phuck off. Freedom of Speech is still a thing in this great republic. Come at me when you see your friend holding his guts in. Until then you can blow me.

• Like 8