Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

It's time to come home BYU

18 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I kind of just wonder why you chase me around this board trying to pick a fight about something.  Games aren't won or lost by one guy, champ. 

I guess I could come over to the PAC12 board and chase you around for some fun.  I'll post something today and you can respond in three days.  Sound good?  It's a busy board.  My post will still be in the top 5, I think. 

I'm happy to have a conversation about this with you if you like, but you weren't ever really interested in that, were you? 

Lol. Just like I thought. You can’t provide a single shred of evidence that your 30 year old hero is a good QB.

You’d rather make it about you. You think you’re some neutral, objective poster, when really you’re a blind homer like the rest of the BYU sewage. 

Say it with me “champ/guy”. Byu and their QB are garbage.

18 minutes ago, utenation said:

Lol. Just like I thought. You can’t provide a single shred of evidence that your 30 year old hero is a good QB.

You’d rather make it about you. You think you’re some neutral, objective poster, when really you’re a blind homer like the rest of the BYU sewage. 

Say it with me “champ/guy”. Byu and their QB are garbage.

Yup, just like I thought as well.  Guy.

Glom on to what you must.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 hours ago, Fido said:

Especially awesome on a night when they get blown out by Fresno State 38-0.

Yeah we got our butts handed to us, I'll simmer down. Have to admit I enjoyed not being at the bottom of the MWC and it's easy spit on those below you. I thought we had turned the corner but after last night it makes me wonder. We'll see how you guys do against FSU.

BYU ran off statically one of the best offensive and defensive coaches. I think finally they are realizing stats are reality. Anae and Mendenhall are not good but great coaches. 

Byu has great resources. They need to decide what they are going to do. Add a athletic fee and put P5 money in from the church and compete or become another Wyoming or Utah st.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Honestly, I don't think BYU would even win the Big Sky this year. 

That's not smack. I really don't think they would. That Portland State team that gave them fits has become the pass-around girl of the conference. BYU would probably lose 3-4 games if they played in it this year. 

It is the worse BYU team in my lifetime

What is hilarious is all the BYU fans who were sick of 8 to 10 wins and thought we should be Alabama every year. BYU fans are morons. They would fit right in with the MWC morons. 

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Yup, just like I thought as well.  Guy.

Glom on to what you must.

Ha ha you and Utenation are both morons. 

It’s obvious by now you don’t know shit about football. 

Jack

” Anae and Bronco suck we need someone good like Sitake”

Robe

”Anae statically is the best offensive coordinator in the country”

Jack

stats don’t mean anything they would be so much better with someone who can coach. A high school coach could do better.

robe

wait a minute look what Anae did with Christian Stewart and Tanner

Jack

Guy, I know what I’m talking about because I have over 5 billion post on the mwcboard.

5 minutes ago, poke em said:

+++++ BYU. Good riddance. 

Who the hell are you. This is priceless. You are a complete moron. 

When I see this I realize BYU is a long way from being history.

thank you, you moron

45 minutes ago, robe said:

It is the worse BYU team in my lifetime

Wouldn't that be worst, not "worse"? Lol at the guy calling people morons when they can't even figure out preschool English.. But we agree on something. This BYU team is raw, hot, steamy sewage and I can't think of a better fan base to eat dump truck loads of reality....

3 hours ago, robe said:

What is hilarious is all the BYU fans who were sick of 8 to 10 wins and thought we should be Alabama every year. BYU fans are morons. They would fit right in with the MWC morons. 

It is the same fanbase that ran Chow out of town so he could develop Heismans and win championships elsewhere.  It's the same fanbase that called for Anae's head and called for Doman to be the savior of BYU football.  The same folks who wanted Bronco gone in favor of Sitake.  I hate to say it but the BYU fanbase really doesn't have a good track record.

v0icAvfW.jpg

6 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

It is the same fanbase that ran Chow out of town so he could develop Heismans and win championships elsewhere.  It's the same fanbase that called for Anae's head and called for Doman to be the savior of BYU football.  The same folks who wanted Bronco gone in favor of Sitake.  I hate to say it but the BYU fanbase really doesn't have a good track record.

It is a difficult balance for a fan base.  After so many years of good seasons, they want to level up and have some great seasons.  I think it is a healthy sign in a fan base to want to strive for better teams.  If you do that though, you risk some miscues or bad hires.  There is definitely a disconnect between the Church admins and the core fan base on what the mission of BYU athletics is.  That is a unique situation for them.  They could definitely pump more money into the program, but I also see their hesitation in regards to use of funds and the perception that creates to their congregation.  Fans not being content isn't unique to BYU though.  A lot of fan bases go through the same issues.  

One of the biggest issues when a program parts ways with a good but not great coach, is it divides the fan base.  

27 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I've only rarely checked the main BYU board but when I have, it seems there's a certain group think which exists. IOW that there are a dozen or so folks whose opinion has become so sacrosanct that if they reach a consensus others are very reluctant to disagree. Would you say that's accurate?

Boom goes the dynamite.

I like UTSA and they have a domed stadium we could play the championship game in.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

It pains me deeply to make this comparison but here goes.  BYU after Lavell Edwards is similar to Nebraska after Tom Osborne.  Searching for past success in an era where its gotten increasingly more competitive to hire top level coaches, not just head coaches and recruit top level players.  As much as I disliked Bo Pelini, the guy was and is an asshole he had 4 nine game and 3 ten game winning seasons out of his seven years at Nebraska.  The boosters and fans ran him out.  They did the same to Frank Solich who also was guite successful as well.  Bronco was and is a helluva good coach but that grass does start to look greener after a few 8 win seasons.

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

It is a difficult balance for a fan base.  After so many years of good seasons, they want to level up and have some great seasons.  I think it is a healthy sign in a fan base to want to strive for better teams.  If you do that though, you risk some miscues or bad hires.  There is definitely a disconnect between the Church admins and the core fan base on what the mission of BYU athletics is.  That is a unique situation for them.  They could definitely pump more money into the program, but I also see their hesitation in regards to use of funds and the perception that creates to their congregation.  Fans not being content isn't unique to BYU though.  A lot of fan bases go through the same issues.  

One of the biggest issues when a program parts ways with a good but not great coach, is it divides the fan base.  

The problem is the higher ups in charge of the university and the athletic director, more the higher ups, imo.

The higher ups want a prominent, winning program but don't want to pay for it. I've heard many times they don't want to be involved in the money arms race that has become college football, and college athletics in general. The athletic director hasn't been able to sell them on the idea of spending more money on the program.  The athletic director has had chances for BYU to join another conference, and has not closed the deal, for whatever reason. 

Lots of fans of programs who have done well in years past are unhappy right now.  Nebraska fans have been unhappy for 15 years.  Tennessee fans as well.  Miami fans as well, until this year.  The difference is those schools will spend money on this stuff.  I don't think BYU will do so.  It's no fair to Sitake to ask him to do this and then tie his hands with not paying the coaches he wants, and forcing an inexperienced OC on him.

56 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I've only rarely checked the main BYU board but when I have, it seems there's a certain group think which exists. IOW that there are a dozen or so folks whose opinion has become so sacrosanct that if they reach a consensus others are very reluctant to disagree. Would you say that's accurate?

I think those types are a vocal minority.  Chow was never going to be super happy because he wanted to be the HC, and that was probably never going to happen.  There is a reason his only head coaching stint went poorly.  He's a great coordinator.  Some guys just aren't HC material. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

55 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

It pains me deeply to make this comparison but here goes.  BYU after Lavell Edwards is similar to Nebraska after Tom Osborne.  Searching for past success in an era where its gotten increasingly more competitive to hire top level coaches, not just head coaches and recruit top level players.  As much as I disliked Bo Pelini, the guy was and is an asshole he had 4 nine game and 3 ten game winning seasons out of his seven years at Nebraska.  The boosters and fans ran him out.  They did the same to Frank Solich who also was guite successful as well.  Bronco was and is a helluva good coach but that grass does start to look greener after a few 8 win seasons.

That's actually a good comparison.  Solich was a good coach.  There was some disconnect between the fans and the coach, and they let the AD know about it. 

Bronco left.  I don't know if he was asked to move on.  He did not recruit the trenches well, and he did not beat our rival.  He didn't focus on trying to put guys in the NFL, and often acted like that was a waste of time.  Those things hurt your program overall, despite his overall record of success.

11 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

That's actually a good comparison.  Solich was a good coach.  There was some disconnect between the fans and the coach, and they let the AD know about it. 

Bronco left.  I don't know if he was asked to move on.  He did not recruit the trenches well, and he did not beat our rival.  He didn't focus on trying to put guys in the NFL, and often acted like that was a waste of time.  Those things hurt your program overall, despite his overall record of success.

Those things don't hurt a program nearly as much as regularly losing in a horribly boring and non-competitive fashion on national TV.  If it was just the losses I could deal with it but HOW BYU has lost is what I take issue with. I hope there are wholesale changes after the season.

v0icAvfW.jpg