Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

It's time to come home BYU

On 9/29/2017 at 9:41 PM, mugtang said:

Independence isn't working long term.  Come home.  We will welcome you back with open arms.  You belong here with us.  Plus it'll be great for the mwcboard.  Seems like a win/win for everybody. 

IF they can bring Houston with them to get the conference to 14, I say do it.  What's that,  Better chance of Trump inviting Obama over for dinner?  Oh well.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

3 hours ago, Fido said:

You are not a PC zealot--yet you sit on the other side of your keyboard choosing out people who "have not yet been properly corrected"?  Are you sure you understand those terms that we are using here?

I don't think the PAC12 is interested in expanding so what does it matter who has a "better chance of one day being in the PAC-12"?  Why is BYU the measuring stick for MWC teams?  For as much suck as you all say they have, you are all still standing next to them seeing if you are "taller" yet.

My point was that if it can happen to us then it can happen to you.  I don't want it to happen to you (getting "corrected").

Re: "taller" measuring stick... I'm measuring the three schools who fled the MWC.  Two of them had P5 invites.  The one that didn't averaged more than 15,000 per game more than the two who did, and had a stronger nationwide audience and a football national championship trophy.  If the goal of being independent was to posture better for a P5 invite then I'm not sure that's working.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46042180&nid=294&title=patrick-kinahan-byu-belongs-in-a-conference-even-if-its-mwc

As soon as possible, BYU needs to get the football program back in a conference. If no Power 5 conference comes calling, then — for now — the Mountain West will suffice.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Let's say they come back.

What's BYU going to do when a MWC member or two get called up to the Big12/PAC12 and they are still stuck in the MWC? The primary reason why they left the mwc is because they were completely embarrassed that their rival Utah Utes got an invite to the Pac12. Utes AD threw a party at their presser announcing the invite and then couple days later BYU announces indie move, it was a somber, sad presser. I mean it was like a funeral. 

45 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Let's say they come back.

What's BYU going to do when a MWC member or two get called up to the Big12/PAC12 and they are still stuck in the MWC? The primary reason why they left the mwc is because they were completely embarrassed that their rival Utah Utes got an invite to the Pac12. Utes AD threw a party at their presser announcing the invite and then couple days later BYU announces indie move, it was a somber, sad presser. I mean it was like a funeral. 

73196.jpg?width=853&height=450

Haha.....the CougarBoard proponents of returning to the MWC are reporting they are sure that BYU could rejoin the conference but maintain a side deal with ESPN so that their games are viewable on channels people actually are able to get.  What say ye?

PS: Where can I view the Utah State/Colorado State game this weekend?  What the crap is ATSN?

1 hour ago, Fido said:

Haha.....the CougarBoard proponents of returning to the MWC are reporting they are sure that BYU could rejoin the conference but maintain a side deal with ESPN so that their games are viewable on channels people actually are able to get.  What say ye?

PS: Where can I view the Utah State/Colorado State game this weekend?  What the crap is ATSN?

Rocky Mountain (Comcast Ch. 26/665, DirecTV Ch. 683/684, Dish Network Ch. 414); 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Given that  BYU will want to retain some special status for their tv rights, I imagine football only is the best option for the MW because it reduces the potential harm if BYU reverting to form and launched some underhanded mission, plus it would allow the conference to get to  an even number (12) in all other sports with Hawaii and BYU having special deals.

It would benefit both BYU and the MW to get this done before 2020 rather than let ESPN play BYU off against the MW.

I really could give two shits about byu but it will be fun seeing Utah win the PAC south and watching ybu finish 4-8 and sitting on the couch this Christmas.

The byu penis envy will be at all-time highs.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

30 minutes ago, Fido said:

Step down? Not at this point in the  college football world. Lateral move yes. With the separation money wise  of p5's and G5's, Indy is hurting recruiting for byu. With no major bowl to play for and no championship game, recruits are going elsewhere. 

12 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Step down? Not at this point in the  college football world. Lateral move yes. With the separation money wise  of p5's and G5's, Indy is hurting recruiting for byu. With no major bowl to play for and no championship game, recruits are going elsewhere. 

Do you have evidence that recruits are going elsewhere because BYU is indy but would have joined if they were in the MWC?