Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

David Cornwell leaves Nevada

8 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

What does this mean eligibility wise for transferring?  

Since he's a graduate, can he transfer twice without missing a season?

The news report I saw mentioned he was asking Nevada to release him so I think barring that he is done at this level.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Not really surprised by the news. I figured something would happen when Gangi was named starter again. With Gangi starting I have a better feeling about possibly winning on Saturday against Fresno since the team did look better with Gangi under cent than the other two. 

Wow... sorry to hear he didn't work out for UNR.  I'm sure it's difficult to get a former 4* from Bama to humble themselves, in the process of stepping down from Bama to UNR, to become just another guy on the team. 

#1 - Bama's OC & QB Coach was outstanding (Kiffin)... and I'm sure it could get tough taking any instruction from UNR's OC & QB Coach, Matt Mumme who's accomplished almost nothing as a small college OC (but he is a Mumme).   http://www.nevadawolfpack.com/coaches.aspx?rc=146&path=football  

#2 - plus Timmy Chang was on the UNR staff as the "inside Receiver's" Coach. 

So a Pro O oriented, former Bama QB basically got sold a Bill of Bad Material when joining UNR.  No way he should've ever chosen to play for UNR's Staff.  Could never have worked.

I wish UNR and Cornwell kid well, and hope both land on their feet.

1 hour ago, RAMification said:

Wow... sorry to hear he didn't work out for UNR.  I'm sure it's difficult to get a former 4* from Bama to humble themselves, in the process of stepping down from Bama to UNR, to become just another guy on the team. 

#1 - Bama's OC & QB Coach was outstanding (Kiffin)... and I'm sure it could get tough taking any instruction from UNR's OC & QB Coach, Matt Mumme who's accomplished almost nothing as a small college OC (but he is a Mumme).   http://www.nevadawolfpack.com/coaches.aspx?rc=146&path=football  

So a Pro O oriented, former Bama QB basically got sold a Bill of Bad Material when joining UNR.  No way he should've ever chosen to play for UNR's Staff.  Could never have worked.

I think we will be fine 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, RAMification said:

He wasn't the starter because he threw too many interceptions in practice and didn't prepare well during the week. Then he gets in a game and throws more interceptions. Maybe 3+ years of no game action got to him. :shrug:

17 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

He wasn't the starter because he threw too many interceptions in practice and didn't prepare well during the week. Then he gets in a game and throws more interceptions. Maybe 3+ years of no game action got to him. :shrug:

There were other issues.  If you read Norvell's statements on the RGJ you can read between the lines what happened. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater