AztecSU

Best QB in the MW?

24 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

A. This is correct

B. SDSU has still not recruited or developed QB well enough for a school that recruits excellently elsewhere

I think Cam Roane could be that guy.  Big athletic strong armed QB.  Like I said earlier in the thread Chapman is a good QB he's just playing in the wrong system.  He's a spread QB.

• Like 2

Just now, k5james said:

I think Cam Roane could be that guy.  Big athletic strong armed QB.  Like I said earlier in the thread Chapman is a good QB he's just playing in the wrong system.  He's a spread QB.

SDSU has recruited some good talent at WR recently and looks to be continuing that trend.  I see SDSU, Fresno and Boise all being very very good next year.

Based on the last few years, I'd bet that the FS backup QB is easily the best in the MWC...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Just now, No_dogs_down said:

It’s sailed for at least another year, because we’re going to be real good next year. 

I don’t think they’ll be good in the immediate future.. Losing Penny and Chapman are big losses for them. 

Boise returns virtually everyone but it won’t matter if Rypien doesn’t improve.

4 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I don’t think they’ll be good in the immediate future.. Losing Penny and Chapman are big losses for them. 

I don't know, they didn't beat ASU and Stanford by not having any talent.  I wouldn't be so quick to write them off.  Suds will just plug in another stud tailback, that's what they do.  Won't reach the next level without  a qb though.

2 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I don't know, they didn't beat ASU and Stanford by not having any talent.  I wouldn't be so quick to write them off.  Suds will just plug in another stud tailback, that's what they do.  Won't reach the next level without  a qb though.

They’ll be 9 win team or so I’m sure.. But the “it” factor is gone from this squad imo.

7 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Josh Allen and it's not even close. 

Allen is the best QB in the MW, i think...though not far and away like you say.  But he's also horrendously overrated as an NFL prospect.  Bad habits galore that he skates by at this level with arm talent.

56 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Cozart leads the MWC in passer rating and has 260 yards rushing and 4tds on the ground(7td/1int). 

If he was allowed to play a full game he’d challenge for the #1 spot.

Why Cozart isn't starting at this point is baffling. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

42 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Chapman is a JR.

A lot of teams are really young this year. Next year should be a good year for the MW. Don't sleep in Chase Cord at QB for Boise either. I think Rypien will bounce back, but Chase has better offers than any QB Boise State Boise has ever landed. 

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Chapman is a JR.

A lot of teams are really young this year. Next year should be a good year for the MW. Don't sleep in Chase Cord at QB for Boise either. I think Rypien will bounce back, but Chase has better offers than any QB Boise State Boise has ever landed. 

I just don’t trust the hype on Bronco QB recruits anymore.. Not a single one has really planned out since Moore left. 

I really hope Cord is the guy. I do wish we would recruit a Grant Hedrick type. Our offense  from the Air Force loss to the Fiesta Bowl win in 2014 was my favorite Bronco offense of all time. Cozart isn’t nearly as quick as Grant was but he’s already made a big difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

Cozart leads the MWC in passer rating and has 260 yards rushing and 4tds on the ground(7td/1int). 

If he was allowed to play a full game he’d challenge for the #1 spot.

Yeah, 162 passer rating is pretty good. Even better with his threat to run. I wonder when the coaches are gunna hand over the reigns. It's time. 

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Allen is the best QB in the MW, i think...though not far and away like you say.  But he's also horrendously overrated as an NFL prospect.  Bad habits galore that he skates by at this level with arm talent.

Nah. Put him on a team like suds or bsu this year and his stock stays the same or rises this year. He's by far the best qb in this league and can play anywhere. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."