Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamSack

What should the NFL do regarding the National Anthem, if anything?

Kinda funny how you don't hear much about Michael Bennett and his "case" against LVMPD anymore. It's easy to play victim if that's what you consider yourself disregarding facts.

As for the kneeling media sensation and Trump stupidly making it worse....can I watch +++++ing sports for 2 seconds without everything being politicized?

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

I believe the mass protest over the weekend was defiance to a politician's order for people to shut up.  I think if it was all about BLM, there would be fewer folks protesting.  This is fighting against a budding autocracy.  I'm loyal to this country's values, at least what I believe what it should stand for, not a politician.  Totally race baiting (yay NASCAR).  

The NFL shouldn't do anything because it's a matter of freedom of speech. They've left it for the players to decide what to do, and from what I've seen the majority of fans agree.

7 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That's the thing right? What ever happened to being tough and not getting offended by every little thing?!? The left takes a lot of grief for being overly sensitive and easily offended but the right is just as bad with shit like this. Grow up and grow some balls! 

Amen!

10 hours ago, retrofade said:

So some morons decided to burn their jerseys. I don't see how those links in any way are a legitimate response to my question. Is the American flag an idol to you? Because that's all this is... flag idolatry. 

Yes, I am guessing that these people all thought it was terrible when the Charlie Hebdo attacks happened because someone was offended for disrespecting their symbol.  I am also guessing they have no problem with burning on Koran.  

I also think it is funny how Jerry Jones separated the protest from the Flag/Anthem and it was STILL a problem.  This just goes to show that this whole Flag/Troops/Patriotism thing is a farce.  

Trevor Noah had it nailed exactly.  Blacks just don't have the right to protest...they should just be grateful that they are allowed to succeed whereas whites have earned it.  Any legitimate beef they have should be swept under the rug or we should change the subject to turn the blame around on them somehow.  A rich white guy is the champion of the people and a rich black guy should shut up.

Posted Image

7 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Kinda funny how you don't hear much about Michael Bennett and his "case" against LVMPD anymore. It's easy to play victim if that's what you consider yourself disregarding facts.

As for the kneeling media sensation and Trump stupidly making it worse....can I watch +++++ing sports for 2 seconds without everything being politicized?

Sucks when real life creeps into your entertainment. 

21 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

As I've stated on this subject numerous times; he took a national conservation and THROUGH HIS ACTIONS made it about himself.

He's done/is doing the opposite, in all actuality.  The media and the snowflakes who don't like free speech blew this up and made it about him.

53 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Looks like all those recently purchased Villanueva jerseys are gonna get torched. 

Steelers Player Who Stood For National Anthem Defends Athletes Who Protested It - HuffPost
https://apple.news/AxxxpwTwJS5CrkfJsaqqoLw

I don't think so, as sean237 said, the motivations for standing can be different for those who went through the service.  If folks can understand the conflation of being out there, yet respecting the rights of others, they shouldn't be upset about anything Villanueva has done or said.

I am believing that folks won't be up in arms about his statement.  But I am an optimist.  :USFlag:

20 minutes ago, mysfit said:

NFL should nothing. 

They absolutely should not be bullied and gave in to that performer pretending to President, much less a human being.

The NFL should do what they believe is in their best business interest.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I don't think so, as sean237 said, the motivations for standing can be different for those who went through the service.  If folks can understand the conflation of being out there, yet respecting the rights of others, they shouldn't be upset about anything Villanueva has done or said.

I am believing that folks won't be up in arms about his statement.  But I am an optimist.  :USFlag:

Bartender ... I’ll have what he’s having! 

20 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

He's done/is doing the opposite, in all actuality.  The media and the snowflakes who don't like free speech blew this up and made it about him.

There's no functional difference. It matters not who made it about him. the point is the conversation is more about him, his perceived "plight" and his peers reaction to the president's criticism of his actions.

Non-narcissists, team players and  folks with more knowledge and experience would have been able to foresee this outcome.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

24 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

There's no functional difference. It matters not who made it about him. the point is the conversation is more about him, his perceived "plight" and his peers reaction to the president's criticism of his actions.

There is certainly a difference.  There is a huge difference between Jesse and Farrakhan who use these incidents to make money by making it about them, and a millionaire who does it and shortly states his stance and doesn't use it for his personal gain.  If he was taking every interview possible and pushing products that benefit him, I would see your point.

Non-narcissists, team players and  folks with more knowledge and experience would have been able to foresee this outcome.

It is actually hilarity incarnate to watch the abject dismissal of his rationality and instead attacking the act and act alone, thus proving his point (albeit, not exactly the most important topic). 

45 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Isn't that the big picture issue here? Yes, Viianueva gets it. Unfortunately, I'm afraid many/most who would put him on a pedestal, don't get it. Instead of celebrating, or at least tolerating, the protesters for exercising their rights, rights that you and Sean defended and many died for, they are protesting the protesters.....and that's their right:D

9 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Apparently not......see, this was/is a damn effective protest!